Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell is Hard, Advice Please

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ElderDruid, Feb 16, 2004.

1. ElderDruid

ElderDruid IncGamers Member

Hell is Hard, Advice Please

I just got to Hell with my level 66 Sorceress, and it's damn hard. Up until this point, I have focused almost entirely on the Cold tree, and that has been fine for me. Now, all the zombies are Cold Immune. My merc's Pierre Tombale barely makes a dent in a lot of these monsters, even though he also has Vampire Gaze and Rattlecage.

I would appreciate some advice on how to make the most of the skill and attribute points I have left. I haven't seen anything Lightning Immune on the Blood Moor, so maybe I should go with that tree?

32 free skill
    240 free attribute

Str,Dex,Vit,Eng: 44, 25, 36, 60

Cold Tree - All 1 except 20 Blizzard
    Fire Tree - 6 Warmth (I know, a complete waste)
    Lightning Tree - 5 Static Field

2. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Well, at first I must say that it is very good achievement to go thru nm without problems if you have that much unspend stat points!

You really should do nm Baal runs until you reach lvl 75, that is just great place to get exp. and starting hell is bit easier after that

Boost your str so much that you can wear all your end-game gear. I don't believe you need any ponts in energy anymore because you have put few points in Warmth, so put ALL remaining stat points to vitality (after boosting str enough)

I advice you to start using Fireball as secondary skill. Max it and spend remaining points in Firebolt and Fire Mastery to boost your damage.

Also remember to max your resists too, it is very important

:thumbsup:

3. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

I'd advice you to do what LprMan said, and to remember the legendary words of Bonn Scott : "Hell ain't a bad place to be" :teeth:

4. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

make some levels,
    pindle run is the faster, baal for find.

use you're left points in 'non ice tree'
    you can put by exemple
    20 fireball +sinergie
    20 meteor+ sinergie (I preferre fireball)
    20 lighting + sinergie
    or else....

streng level to a good armor ,Archon Plate need 84 ;) so ...
    dex : you want to block : a lot (*), you don't want = nothing
    eng : do you need mana ? yes put some , no don't put
    vit : the rest.

(*) I don't have exact calcul but it is about %block = dex/2 limited at the block shield%.

5. Mage11

Mage11 IncGamers Member

It's also a good idea to drop the players level, as /players 8 in hell is a really tough challenge, but /players 1 is much more manageable. Don't worry too much about the lower XP, as you'll make it up with a faster kill rate.

6. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Most things in Hell are immune to at least one element--and there are plenty of Lightning Immunes to be found, believe me! However, going three tree is a waste of time and effort (not enough damage in each tree if you do that), so if I were you I'd get a Fire or Lightning spell you like up and running at a good level, and also maybe put some points into Blizzard's synergies. Even in Hell, if you have a decent level of Cold Mastery and your target isn't Cold Immune, they die extremely quickly to Blizzard.

The only real problem is that some of the nastiest beasties in the game (like Oblivion Knights, for example) are Cold Immune--you need some way of taking these guys down quickly, because it only takes one Iron Maiden on your merc to kill him, and then you have no tank!

7. Karmeus

Karmeus IncGamers Member

I just made my sorc Guardian, and she used Frozen orb and Meteor/fireball as skills. you can check out her stat's in my Guardian thread.

8. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Oh, forgot to mention--you really ought to get a better merc weapon; Pierre's not so hot in Hell. By the time I reached Hell with my sorc my mercenary was using a Kelpie Snare upgraded to a Stygian Pike using the cube recipe--the 75% slow mod helps tons when you're facing Cold Immunes which don't die to Blizzard and don't get slowed by it either!

9. ElderDruid

Which recipe is that? Thanks.

10. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

11. ElderDruid

Congratulations on that. Are you going to keep MFing with the Sorc or build a new char right away?

12. ElderDruid

Answered my own question by looking at one of your other posts: Necro w/ poison and bone. :)