Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell FE minions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by jrlafrance, Apr 1, 2005.

1. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

Hell FE minions

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this little annoyance as well. Here I am, minding my own business, killing monsters as I explore and plunder and Tombs of Act II in Hell level. I come across a FE Rotten Corpe and his minions. Fortunately, the boss is around the corner, and I can't see him yet, as I start to destroy his minions. One dies, two dies....my life plummets down. I down a potion,wait a second to regain life, and start swinging away again. One dies, two die...my life plummets down again! This time though my merc is poking away and kills one himself. There I am, lying on the ground dead! I wonder to myself what happened, and then it dawns on me. These minions have some how harnessed some of their bosses FE power, but in poison form. Each death of a minion of a FE boss,takes a good portion of my life, then the poison started working. Has anyone else come across this phenomenon? It kinda took me by surprise, and kinda sucked! :confused:

2. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

The unravellers that are in the tombs have a VERY nasty poison attack. I believe its like an aura and the don't actually have to touch you or have a clear line of site (i.e. around the corner).

What you were describing does not sound like FE and I've never heard of minions doing FE damage, but the poison damage from the unravellers can be very significant.

3. jrlafrance

I know its not FE damage, but it seemed that way when the monster died. It was kinda the same as bone fetish death, poof, your life just takes a huge hit. I know for certain it wasn't Unravellers poison damage. All I was fighting was rotten corpses.

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Lightnings from Scarab type minions of FE boss carries the FE - it's weel known. I think that I read somwhere that poison explosion from corpses of preserved dead type monsters can carry FE damage too.

5. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

Ok, so I quitmaking guesses and dug up the FE FAQ. Hrus is basically correct, here's what it says:

c. Argument - The Poison Cloud left by Embalmed type monsters could be bugged when the Unique in the pack is FE. Getting poisoned by a cloud left by the Unique or one of the minions may apply some form of additional damage. Being mobbed by a pack of FE Embalmed types could mean none avoidable death, since each one you kill will hit you with additional damage once his cloud gets to you (which will happen every time when surrounded).

Here's a link to the full FE FAQ

6. jrlafrance

I personally don't think its an "argument". I've seen it happen, I've felt its damage. Thanks for the link though jjscud!

7. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Well, I think it still is an argument.. I've fought bosspacks of various creatures where the rare monster was FE but the summons didn't carry the bug. It doesn't work all the time, I would just run in with my barb (with enough life) and then when I suddenly lost about 3/4 of it I ran back and let my merc handle them.. for some reason he seems to know a way around it :D

''Mil & Sam''

8. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

Right. Merc's are unaffected by the bug. People have yet to verify what causes the bug to be sporatic. Sometimes it's there... sometimes it's not. That's the worst part of it. Playing HC, I had my first loss of character and equipment to this PItA. It won't be my last. Removing FE damage isn't the solution either, because the blast should cause damage enough to concern us. It's the additional damage to regular effects that needs to go. I'm not a big one for using mods, so that's out. Anyone have the goods on an exec at blizzard so we could try blackmail?

9. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I think only the monsters with somekind of special effect upon their death are bugged this way. Like the zombies and beetles. When you kill beetle (or manage to get it in hit recovery), you will see lightning bolts. If the beetle is FE (or a minion of FE boss), a invisible corpse explosion will happen. I don't believe the lightning bolts carry the damage, because many of my chars have been hit by those bolts when they were further away from the monsters and they didn't do much damage. Sounds quite weird if the bolts lose the bugged damage when they get far enough from the monster

Same thing with the poison cloud zombies. I have seen my character take a lot of damage but not standing in the poison cloud. I believe the poison cloud works normally, but when the FE minion/boss dies, invisible CE will happen

I have been wondering about dolls...they have a special effect upon their death, the powerful death explosion. So FE boss/minion dolls will explode twice :scared:

Does this sound reasonable explanation? I don't think our FE FAQ is 100% correct :)

10. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

I experienced something at Pindle, Fire Enchanted, Cold Enchanted, Spectral Hit, suddenly I lost 5/6 of my HP while he was hitting at my mercenary (I just went right past him, so the prowling dead out from the garden wouldn't come and smack me)

11. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

You are absolutely right. It is not 100% correct, in fact I wander if it is half correct. Being the one who collected the info, and put up that FAQ myself, I have seen something really odd, yet cannot repeat what ever happened.

So it is left for everybody to add more info there. Your invisible FE/CE does sounds very logical here, but doesn't invisible FE only happen on bosses?