Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell Duriel

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Sir Lister of Smeg, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

Hell Duriel

I'm planning to pay some visits to the old bugger, my question is which character should I use? I've got the following candidates:

- Bowazon, magic arrow/multiple shot
    - Fishymancer
    - Hammerdin
    - Immortal King whirlwinder
    - Javazon
    - Meteorb
    - Windy druid
    - Fanatic zealot

Or should I go elsewhere for my jewelry? Andariel can drop some but not all of the jewelry I'm looking for: The Cat's Eye, Highlord's Wrath, Mara's Kaleidoscope, Metalgrid, Wisp Projector, facets. While others I do have are of course always welcome.

Pindleskin is not good for this purpose, and I think the same holds for most other superuniques. I'm sure other act bosses can drop it all, but Duriel seems the better source. In addition, he's the only act boss I've never run (although I haven't run Diablo a lot), so it's good to do that for a change.

Gear suggestions are also welcome, I guess that in all cases except for the Immortal King, Blackoak Shield is quite a good idea, for the magic find I can use charms and various items, but notably not Tal Rasha's Guardianship and War Traveler since I don't have those (not to mention double isted Ali Baba's or Enigma's).

2. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Surely the short trip to Hell Meph will make him more profitable in the long run?

3. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Meph all the way.

- Faster than Duriel and Andariel
    - fast to kill
    - sure, mercs can't leech off Meph but just make your merc drink a red while blowing up Meph. Have some crushing blow on your merc too.
    - can drop most nice things. Andy and Duriel are limited.
    - plus, you'll get annoyed with crappier uniques and sets from those two whereas with Meph you'll get less crap, better items that you may not need. At least you get the chance at stuff like an ethereal Reaper's and so forth.

4. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

Meph should be better.

but if you go kill Duriel a few hundred times a pure blizzard sorc will do perfectly.
    Crushing blow and cold resist on merc on merc, static and blizz to death. worked for me perfectly. I must say quick teleport is a must. You don't want to have to whack all your way through the tomb.

Jae.

5. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm running Hell Meph with my MeteOrb, I never take my Merc with me. He just draws the Council Members. Maybe it's just because I use the Moat Trick and some of you aren't that cheesy. :wink3:

6. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I wouldn't say that moat trick is cheesy, it's just too slow. If the merc can tank, the Meph kill is much faster.

7. IronCrown

IronCrown IncGamers Member

I must agree. I dont enjoy the moat trick (too slow) and if I teleport past the council to right at mephs chest, the council leaves me alone. I then kill meph with only 1 red potion fed to the merc, a bargain for the loot he drops:wink3:

8. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

9. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

I ran Duriel for a Facet a long time ago... The shaking screen at the end is no fun... It hurts the eyes. GL though...

For Jewelry, I'd rather run Hell Andy... NM if you want an added chance for a SoJ, but you won't get any GOOD jewelry like Ravenfrost, Dwarf Star, etc...

GL though :thumbsup:

I would also suggest Fire to kill Duriel... He's a bug.... Come on now...

10. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

blizz sorc is good.
    for meph my merc uses rockstopper + shaftshop + insight for real cheese.
    meph is dead long before my merc need a potion