Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell Diablo leveling?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Mac182, May 12, 2005.

1. Mac182

Mac182 IncGamers Member

Hell Diablo leveling?

Hi,

My usual Leveling stratergy is..

1-7 (by myself to get kain)
    8-13 Traistram runs
    14-20 Tomb Runs
    20-24 Normal Cowz
    25-42 Normal Baal
    43-72 NM Baal
    73+ Hell Baal

However, I see people rushing to Hell (using quest trick on baal to avoid ancients) and then leveling from diablo. Am I right in thinking this?

Also what the experience like, when should you start doing this? etc.

I ask because I am gonna help a friend level and all I have is an amazon so consecutive public baaling will be very hard.

Thanks,
    Mac182

2. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

You're perfectly right. That's how I level my new chars. But it's easier if you have two accounts and I'll explain why and how :

I selfrush my new char to hell with my high level sorceress. So my new char gets to Hell Harrogath at level 1 within two hours.
    Then I do Hell Diablo runs with my summon/CE necro and my new char following. The XP grows really fast. I usually reach level 20 with 3 or 4 Diablo runs.

Then, either I join cows games, either I create cow games myself and I selfrush with my javazon or meteorb until the new char gets level 25.

Then you know the following. I usually create Baalgames myself and join with my high level sorceress for teleporting. It's faster than waiting in town for a low/mid level to run/teleport to throne room.

The hard part is that if you have only one account, you have to wait for other people to rush/XP you and it can take ages... What's more, once you're in Hell, you can't see Normal/NM Cow/Baal games anymore. You have to create a new char to *see* baalgames names, or create baalgames yourself...

3. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

Whats the ancients trick? So you dont have to fight them o.o

4. Mac182

Mac182 IncGamers Member

Join a game, while your partied with some1 they must kill baal and get the quest (I.e. not completed in a previous game).

5. super_gray

super_gray IncGamers Member

Im not doing the Hell Ancients until around level 83 i think, ive just got to Level 80 doing solo runs on Hell Diablo, but the Iron maiden knocks the time off a bit ;o having to wait around...

Also, im curious as ive never done it:

If you are in Harrogath when they kill the Ancients - If you go back to fight them at any time, do you gain the experience you would have of doing the actual quest? Or will you have missed out?

6. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

It's very simple.

Put it this way:

As long as you are partied and in the same act as another player who is completing that quest for the credit, you will get that quest.

With ancients, if you don't meet the lvl reqs, it simply says you cannot complete this quest this game, make another etc.

If you don't want to receive credit, say if you're saving it for later, unparty until they're done the quest.

Sometimes if you're unpartied, it says you've gotten the quest, but just disregard that, it fixes itself by the next game.

7. Zalcitabine

Zalcitabine IncGamers Member

The other day I made about 8 or 9 hell chaos runs with my bowazon. All the games had about 4 to 6 players. A lvl 28 necro (iirc, it could have been lower) who joined at the first game was lvl 60 at the end of the runs (no more than one hour later). The only problem is that he keep dying quite often :lol: , mainly from the ranged attacks of oblivion knights and fire nova of diablo.

Zalc