Hell Countess run help please.

Morrak

Diabloii.Net Member
Hell Countess run help please.

I am running the Countess for runes, and here's what I've gotten from 20 runs.

1x Sol
3x Nef
11x Eld
14x El

Running her on Nightmare, I get much better rune drops with no change in gear. Is there something I'm doing wrong to get such poor rune drops at a higher difficulty? Basically, I teleport to her and kill on both difficulties, with 1 other player standing idle in town.

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Hell Countess run help please.

First of all, get rid of that other player, it's hurting the rune drops.

Then run her some more, 20 runs is nothing, 2000 will give you a good average sample.

Also check out sirpoopsalot's Countess Running Guide.

What you've got is bad luck, nothing more, I've seen the same/worse.

CrimsonOmen

Diabloii.Net Member

Well; Even for 20 I'll give you my respect, I tend to give up after 1 or so, damn Els :-/

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member

How high of a rune are you expecting? With Countess, getting an Ist is like hitting a jackpot (and yes, I know she drops higher than that).

CoolguyBad

Diabloii.Net Member

I got an Ist from her the first 20 times I ran her;)

Haven't gotten much since.=/

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member

The only reason why one would run the countress is for keys. No keys in 20 runs is pretty bad, though.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

The Countess in lower difficulties isn't worse at dropping runes than in hell BTW, with respect to those she can drop at all. the distribution is identical, i.e. the number of runes of type A in comparison to type B runes is always the same. It's like that for any single monster monster IIRC when comparing difficulties and it might even be the case that it's like that when comparing just any monsters. I'm not sure about the latter, however.

Erwwwd

Diabloii.Net Member

this is just bad luck, stick with it

the reason for running the countess is not only the keys though, the higher (fal+) runes don't drop very often this is true, but she does drop a nice share of ral ort thul amn sol shael and hel runes when running her for a while. These are worth quite a lot in packs at this time of the ladder.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member

First of all, get rid of that other player, it's hurting the rune drops.
This is incorrect. the player in town counts as only half a player, and player count is rounded down when it comes to item dropping. If there were 2 players in town or a partied player in the tower level 5, then the item no drop chance would decrease, causing it to be more likely to get 6 items at the same time as a 3 rune runedrop, which would force one of the runes into nonexistence.

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member

@thegiantturtle: true, but the extra monster life/damage is hurting the run times, which is bringing rune drops over time down

but yes idle town character =/players2 =/players1 for drops

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

The time-consuming part is reaching the countess. Killing her and the minions needs two seconds, so the more runes she drops, the better, even if she has more life then.

pandamao

Diabloii.Net Member

I have run hell countess for about 200 times, the highest rune so far is FAL. However, the low runes he dropped can be sold to someone who want to do crafting. I managed to sell those ral, tal, thul, ort for a vex and um. In addition, countess also drops Tkeys, which makes me kill him at 20 times a day... lol