Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell Countess Question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by hoopsgators, Jun 1, 2008.

1. hoopsgators

hoopsgators IncGamers Member

Hell Countess Question

Hell Countess is immune to cold and fire and I'm a meteorb sorc. Is there anything I can do to kill her?

2. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

Re: Hell Countess Question

Use a mercenary to kill her (if you are playing LoD)

- D.J.

3. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Static her to half life as well to help your merc out.

4. TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne IncGamers Member

Look at her diablo wiki page.
    You can break her resistance with Infinity or other stuff, then she will fall to your flaming/orbing attacks.

+Merc is a good plan too, he will be able too drain life from her at full effectiveness (for hell, i.e. 1/3), this is pretty good LL potential for hell so your merc should be good for the job as long as he has some LL.

5. Are

Are IncGamers Member

My MeteOrb lets the Merc kill the Countess while she deals with the Minions. Works like a charm :)

6. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Note: She has 130 cold res, which is unbreakable. Only fire attacks will work if broken with Infinity. After being affected by Infinity, she will have 108-17 = 91 fire resistances. Let's assume Tal Orb (-15%). Final fire res = 91-15 = 76. Pretty doable, IMHO, especially since her HP is puny.

I still prefer to leave it to the merc. Orb all FI's and FB all CI's around her, and she goes down in like 3-4 hits max.

7. TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne IncGamers Member

Point taken, I didn't look closely enough myself.

8. mangaissofun

mangaissofun Banned

Wow First post ever! Hi im new to the forums I hope everyone here is some cool beans and likes naruto i do (i like manga its so very fun) okay well anyway to the point.

I am a lvl ** meteorb sorc and when ever i try to kill countess i kill all her monsters and stuff alright but when it comes to her i static static static and then leave my merc to try and kill her, however my merc doesnt even do a bit of dmg on her he just eventualy dies :( Do i need to equip some super duper awsome items???

9. ProfessionalBerg

First of all, welcome to the forums!

*Steals pants and wallet*

What is your merc equipment? It's pretty easy to equip a merc to be able to survive most of Hell, not to mention Hell Countess.

Here is what my merc used before, and had no problems killing Countess:

Tal Rasha's helm (10% leech, resistances, a bit of life) - costs pgems, you might even have found one self.

Shaftstop (30% DR, decent defense, life) - is pretty cheap as well.

Insight in a nice elite polearm - it's in fact not that hard to find a 4-socket polearm - it does not even have to be ethereal, for a start. For VERY long time, my Meteorb's merc was using a non-eth Cryptic Axe insight, which I found self. The runes are nothing big as well - Ral Tir Tal Sol.

If you are Non-Ladder, Insight is impossible to make, only to be shopped from previous Ladder characters, so it's more expensive. However, any decent pokerstick will do. You can, for example, make a Crescent Moon (costs an Um).

BTW, sorry, I don't like Naruto, but let's not discuss this here, on the forums :D

10. mangaissofun

mangaissofun Banned

OMG you dont like naruto its about nijas that can breath fire and walk on water wtf is there not to like? o wait no it isn't its about TEENAGE nijas that can breathe fire and walk on water!

Anyway i am VERY poor and i can't afford tal helmet :( i've got a vendor bought helm and vendor bought amour as well. For weapon i got a 4 socket polearm (thats how you spell it right???) with and runewored but its the one which gives you meditation aura ya know cause im a sorc.

P.S. w00t i've reached 3 posts. You know it feels liked i only joined a couple of days ago and that i was just making my first post.

11. ProfessionalBerg

Collect all flawless gems and cube them up to Perfect Gems (also called Pgems). They are a common currency in D2. Of course, you can only cube 3 gems of the same type.

A tal helm costs around 3 pgems, which is 9 flawless gems. Not that hard to get.

The runeword with the Meditation aura IS the one I was talking about. Just make sure you put it in a GOOD polearm. Here is what you should try and get (1 of these except the first one): http://battle.net/diablo2exp/items/elite/polearms.shtml

Make sure they have 4 holes in them, and put in Ral->Tir->Tal->Sol. Bingo! A decent merc weapon.

[OT]: Again, we won't talk of the cursed thing that is Naruto here.

12. redshift

redshift IncGamers Member

Insight makes an awesome weapon for an Act II mercenary. No leech on it, though - so you may need to collect leech for his chest or helmet slots instead. Like the Tal helmet, for instance. :p

My minionmancer went from having an expensive dependence on blue drinks to a corpse-exploding maniac. Just watch the str/etcetera requirements of the pole you use, I got a Colossus Voulge and it takes A LOT of str for your merc to carry that.

13. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Dam beat me to his pants and wallet
    Welcome!

14. azazelt

azazelt IncGamers Member

try your merc with obedience....bit cheaper than infinity.
    works for me...don't forget to stick it in a 5sx eth cryptic axe to get the most pleasure out of it.
    you could also try a rainbow on yourself...that always helps.:thumbup:

15. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

If you want cheap, just get a kelpie snare. Killing is a little bit slower, but with the 75% slows target, there's safe boss killing.

16. mangaissofun

mangaissofun Banned

Yes i know that tal helmet is like 3pgms but i still cant afford it (do you reckon i could like make one out of clay or somthing?) and i made insight thingy in a polearm with like max 140 dmg is that bad or gd? (do you reckon i could like make one out of clay or somthing?)

P.S. don't owrry person who wantedf to steal my "pants" i dont wear "pants" because im english ;) i wear trousers or jeans. Also about my wallet i keep my money in my sockcs because if i get mugged people are hardly gonna take stuff out of your socks are they???

P.P.S. why dont you love and adore naruto like a normal person?

17. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

If you can afford to make an insight, you can afford tal's helm.

*steals socks and wallet*

18. lionheartthebrave

lionheartthebrave IncGamers Member

You wear underwear don't you; don't underestimate the kinkyness of the members here, look at thegiantturtle's avatar "giggity giggity":p

er...on topic....that damage seems a little low, but you can always make another one when you get the stuff for it

19. ProfessionalBerg

If you play through the game normally, you should have completed the Act 4 Quest 2, the one about crushing Mephisto's Soulstone. Upon destruction, 2 perfect, 2 flawless and 1 normal gem drop (as well as a rune in LoD expansion). Same thing happens in Nightmare and Hell. So, basically, before you even enter Hell, you are bound to have at least 4 perfect gems and 4 flawless ones (if you have 3 of same type, you end up with 5 pgems).

If you are too weak to complete the Hellforge question, I'd suggest joining or hosting Normal/Nightmare Cowruns - TONS of flawless gems drop there. Seriously, on a lucky day, you can walk away with 10-15 flawless gems per run.

BTW, I don't like Naturo 'cause it's boring.