Hell Countess 101-200

Artagas

Diabloii.Net Member
Hell Countess 101-200

And even more countess runs...even more mal runes...but no pul yet!

101-200:

El 42 (76)
Eld 12 (50)
Tir 22 (39)
Nef 12 (27)
Eth 14 (35)
Ith 16 (24)
Tal 12 (22)
Ral 3 (10)
Ort 8 (16)
Thul 11 (20)
Amn 12 (17)
Sol 4 (7)
Shael 3 (7)
Dol 5 (9)
Hel 2 (8)
Io 2 (5)
Lum 0 (1)
Ko 0 (1)
Lem 1 (1)
Mal 1 (2)

Total: 182 (377) runes

In parenthesis are the results of the first 200 runs total. Runes that were not dropped by the countess herself but one of the other monsters in the room (namely a Hel) are not added to the list.
2 Mals is an Ist and one has to be happy about it. Though I really, really would like that Pul, so i think i will do some more countess gambling, than if i still cant get one i will just try to put a few more chars through hell and hope for a good forge drop.
 

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
nice... at least you got something out of those runs. Hope you got some other decent uniques along the way as well. :thumbsup:
 

Artagas

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
nice... at least you got something out of those runs. Hope you got some other decent uniques along the way as well. :thumbsup:
yeah, a hone sundan was the best unique drop i think. also a few sets dropped (an IK something...belt maybe...being the rarest) Nothing i didnt have already though. I didnt keep track of them because that would have been tedious.
 

ron

Diabloii.Net Member
200 runs for an Ist! Nice job man! I only did a few runs last night, maybe 30. Couple of Sol's is about all I got.
 

Edmond Dantes

Diabloii.Net Member
I love countess runs!! Keep it up...I just finished my 28th of the day, and while I haven't found anything of note from the countess, I did find this (my best rune by a long shot! Next highest is mal) from a regular ghost on level 4:

Ohm Rune
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Weapons: +50% Enhanced Damage
Helms: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Required Level: 57
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion

Just goes to show you that the countess is profitable!! Good luck on the rune hunting...I'm going to get back to trying to find and ist and gloat over my new shiny rune.

Ramsey
 

Artagas

Diabloii.Net Member
Edmond Dantes said:
I love countess runs!! Keep it up...I just finished my 28th of the day, and while I haven't found anything of note from the countess, I did find this (my best rune by a long shot! Next highest is mal) from a regular ghost on level 4:

Ohm Rune
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Weapons: +50% Enhanced Damage
Helms: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Required Level: 57
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion

Just goes to show you that the countess is profitable!! Good luck on the rune hunting...I'm going to get back to trying to find and ist and gloat over my new shiny rune.

Ramsey
wow! that is indeed exceptional. I never kill more than what i have to, to take the countess down. But gettin' an Ohm from a regular ghost...maybe time for full clears:)
 

gravitysrainbow

Diabloii.Net Member
Artagas said:
wow! that is indeed exceptional. I never kill more than what i have to, to take the countess down. But gettin' an Ohm from a regular ghost...maybe time for full clears:)
yeah...it slows things down but it can pay. kick the barrels and open chests as well. keep in mind you don't have to do it that way everytime. i tend to alternate between house cleanings and countess assassinations.
 

Edmond Dantes

Diabloii.Net Member
I play a LF zon, so it's easy to cast one or two while running and watch everything die. It was on players 1 too, which just struck me as amazing. In any case, I don't do full clears, but I kill everything on the way (except the archers, as they are LI).

Ramsey
 

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
poping chests on the way to countess is pritty rewarding i got:
2 Hel runes
1 Ko rune(best rune after Um i have)
And i did only 50 countess runs :D
 

SharnMes

Diabloii.Net Member
I too have gotten very good results from countess runs. Alot of uniques and set imtems drops on the way down and I have alot more luck doing those runs that pit runs.

I usually clear out the entire level, kicking barrels and opening chests before I proceed to the next levet. Can be VERY rewarding! :clap:
 

Artagas

Diabloii.Net Member
SharnMes said:
I too have gotten very good results from countess runs. Alot of uniques and set imtems drops on the way down and I have alot more luck doing those runs that pit runs.

I usually clear out the entire level, kicking barrels and opening chests before I proceed to the next levet. Can be VERY rewarding! :clap:
well maybe, but when i go "assasination" style, my runs are somewhere around 30-45 seconds, so i think i get a better rune/minute average than people who are clearing more thoroughly. It is not like everybody's gonna' get an Ohm from those ghosts...
 

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Artagas said:
well maybe, but when i go "assasination" style, my runs are somewhere around 30-45 seconds, so i think i get a better rune/minute average than people who are clearing more thoroughly. It is not like everybody's gonna' get an Ohm from those ghosts...
Thats true. If I'm doing semi-clears, I run at Players 8, opening the "superchests" and killing monsters on the way. It does slow things down a lot but I like the extra jewels/gems/uniques that drop.

Then I switch before level 5 to kill the countess.
 

supermatt

Diabloii.Net Member
the Countess rules... i normally really enjoy running her except i have a really useless Countess map at the moment. she's spawning outside her little room and the rune drops are lousy atm - dunno if those 2 things are linked....

i'd change the map except my Baal and Meph maps rule - Colossus Blades are dropping a lot in Act 5 - 3 green and a couple of lower quality ones...

:) matt
 

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
I started running countess today (this will consume a lot of time) in hopes of finding a lot of runes, which could be cubed up to Ohm. I got an Ist within my first 30 runs. Encouraging :D .
 

Artagas

Diabloii.Net Member
Masas said:
I started running countess today (this will consume a lot of time) in hopes of finding a lot of runes, which could be cubed up to Ohm. I got an Ist within my first 30 runs. Encouraging :D .
woah. that is pretty neat. what is the chanche of an Ist dropping? 1:3000 or something like that?
Actually I like it when she spawns outside the room. when she spawns in the room she usually has at least 1 other pack close to her, and sometimes even an archer pack backing her up which annoys me since i have no block. (ok, it adds an extra 5 sec maybe to the average run...but still). When she spawns outside, she is usually separated enough, so i can just teleport next to her, FB down her own pack, and by the time i am done the merc finishes her off, and i dont have to worry about anything else.
 

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Masas said:
I started running countess today (this will consume a lot of time) in hopes of finding a lot of runes, which could be cubed up to Ohm. I got an Ist within my first 30 runs. Encouraging :D .
Masas, I think you of all people don't need to run the Countess with already an Ohm and Sur to your name.
I don't know what on earth you're doing but just carry on doing it!!!
 

Snuva

Diabloii.Net Member
Masas said:
I started running countess today (this will consume a lot of time) in hopes of finding a lot of runes, which could be cubed up to Ohm. I got an Ist within my first 30 runs. Encouraging :D .
Good plan. You only need 4000 runs on average for an ohm. I'd rather run wsk or some other high level area for the possibility of TC 87 uniques dropping along with runes.

Snuva
 

maxgerin

Diabloii.Net Member
Artagas said:
2 Mals is an Ist and one has to be happy about it.
And just after 200 runs!
I can't believe this! I did 1000 runs just to get an Ist (cubed from 2 Mal's that she dropped), a Mal and an Um, and lower runes, after cubing everything.
You're pretty lucky! :thumbsup:

--maxgerin
 

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member
Just for the heck of it I thought I would pop in and give a little perspective:

Amn: 150
Sol: 101
Shael: 72
Dol: 58
Hel: 45
io: 23
Lum: 21
Ko: 15
Fal: 11
Lem: 10
Pul: 4
Um: 2
Mal: 5
Ist: 1

The lower runes may be a bit offAs I've used some from time to time, but they shouldn't be off by much.

I can't stand counting runs but Amn is the lowest rune I've always picked up, between Amns, Sols, and Shaels I'm estimating 2300 - 2400 runs so far.

Just remember that if you run over time, the numbers will catch up with you. I've had days where I got tw puls in a half hour or two mals in a day, but it also took over 1500 runs to get the Ist (the drop change is about 1:1300). The more you run the more your numbers will follow the drop chances.

Then again, it also only takes a couple lucky drops to get something nice.

Also, on the topic of full clears. I really don't think the tower is worth it, its much more profitable to do a super fast run and tie it together with a pindle or meph run than to do a clear. I keep my countess runs as fast as possible (about 50 seconds) and run other places for other stuff, even though I've also had a Ohm drop from a tower ghostie.
 

ron

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, I will dedicate a day this weekend to Countess running. I did a few more runs last night, maybe 50. I got 2 hel's in one drop, a few sols and shaels and one pul rune. My Countess map is nice. It is quite a ways from the wp, but once inside the stairs are the the first left unil level 4 then its the first right. Very fast teleporting through it. Runs take 40~ seconds. I am not doing any mfing with it, I am loaded with killing gear, fast cast and resists. I have got a few nice items from here anyway. 50MF from Occy is all I have. I got an eth Vamp Gaze and Hand of Blessed Light so far, and some IK pieces. A few nice charms too, 100pdsc with 5%fhr. She drops russet armors alot, so it may be just a matter of time.

I have not been keeping records, but this weekend when I do my runs, I will keep track for those that are interested in that kind of thing.
 
Top