Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hell baal charms and cubing

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by stemis516, Apr 6, 2004.

1. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

hell baal charms and cubing

well finally after lots of baal runs he dropped a small charm and i will start cubing it with the 3 pgems recipe

my question is what are the minimum mods i should be looking for on a charm??? i no baal charms can get some nice mods and i wont stop cubing this charm for just anything...i alrdy recubed a 6% mf charm and an 18 vita because i can find those anywhere and dont wanna waste a rare baal charm

now obviously if i cubed a 20 vita with 5 all resists or 3/20/20 id keep it...but going back to my question....what are the mods that only baal charms can get??? feel free to list them or toss a link to a place that has the high lvl prefix and suffix

thanks

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

i would think anything 2-3 mods of highness is a good place to stop. remember, you could roll a 1000 gems and never get a 3/20/20, but those 1000 gems spread out over 100-200 general hell small charms could produce tons of excellent charms.

I roll just about any small I find in a lvl 84-85 area, and if it doesnt givve me somehting in 2-4 rolss I toss it as it must be jynxed!

I dont trade items for gems I simply collect them and I have TONS of dual mod charms of high quality. I beleive in quantity of quality over supreme quality in one!

3. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

i got a sc from baal too ... rolled a 7%mfsc, stopped ... still debatin weather or not to reroll it ... my friend got one from him too and got like 150+poison dmg and some second mod that was decent ... 2 to dex iirc

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

The "Baal-only" mods for small charms (pretty sure he and Nihlathak are the only two monsters high enough) are all elemental dmg mods, which makes them pretty pointless now that spellcasters pwn.

Shocking (1-70 or so lightning dmg)
    Flaming (20-40 or so fire dmg)
    Pestilent (150/6 or so poison dmg)

As you see, pretty useless mods in 1.10. Don't waste all your pgems trying to get them, just aim for "of vita" or all resists or 7%mf or something else decent.

The only charms really worth the effort are Grands, which can get a higher-lvl than normal "of vita" (up to +45 life IIRC). Combine that with a useful skiller or other prefix and you've got yourself a ridiculously godly charm.

5. stemis516

alright thanks

i didnt know the only other possible mods were elemental dmg...i appreciate it phat

guess ill just go back to vitas and stuff, and look for a grand as well

edit: although i though i read somewhere that like getting a vita mod on a grand produces like a lvl requirement over 99 which makes it not useable...this true?? or am i just making that up

6. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

If you are going to roll a Baal charm, do it right, please. Stopping for a 3/20/20 is such a waste.

Here are your mods at ilvl 99 to stop on:
    Hibernal
    Pestilent (I would reroll it tho)
    Flaming
    Shocking

Here are your mods at ilvl 94 to stop on:
    Pestilent

If you are going to roll a Baal, you are after the three mods not available on 94s. If you are willing to stop on a 7% mfsc, 20 vita, etc, then please cube other charms! lol such a waste! :cheesy: I've recubed Fine of Craftmanship (4 max/AR), toxic of MF, etc because I'll be damned if I'm gonna settle. Anyone wanna see what I stopped on?

7. stemis516

well, if i get one of those mods ill stop rolling of course just because...but elemental dmg isnt really useful so if i come across something better b4 getting one ofthose mods i am confrotable stopping

and yes, plz show us what u stopped on

8. ConnerMacleod

Yikes. Don't roll Baal charms then, you'll likely get other mods before these.

Conner's Godly Charmage

These are 1.10 Ladder compliant... LOL, that is to say, I have them on mules on USEast. You can see they adjusted the Shocking level requirement from the lofty 92 it was.

9. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Nice charms, probably many many rolls, but i fail to see the usfullness or them over the usfull ness of a 20/11 life/Rez or 20/5 life/Priz, or the 3/20, or many other possiblities, and actually my point is simply proved by your own comment "I have them on mules on USEast"

As far as usability and trade value to the bulk of the community and duelers most of those carms arent worth what each of them replaced with Vita/Usefull mod, and those rolls can come a hell of a lot easier.

Not everone has the time nor the resources to accumulate insain amounts of gems let alone care to spend the hours it takes to do all that.

At a guess, how many gems did you spend to roll those and I and others would rather you over estimate than under.

10. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Charms can be such a fleeting thing on HC, I definitely prefer a high quantity of good charms vs. a smaller quantity of uber charms. For one thing, I pretty much KNOW that I'm eventually going to lose just about any charm I have. Only makes the deeds screen worse to know a bunch of uber charms just went down the drain even if you did have loot.

11. ConnerMacleod

Actually, I cubed all these back this last winter. I was building an old 1.09 Bowazon for the helluvit and my buddy McSaladShaker was running Baal over and over. He gave me every charm he found because he wasn't about to waste Pgems on them.

Now, if you duel or PK, these can be very useful. I kept the Flaming and Shocking only for posterity and because I blew a ton on them. Who knows, since I am not using them I may just sell em on Ebay. I'm beyond Melee and Ranged anymore. I primarily go for casters so these are entirely useless.

But excellent charms nonetheless. I figure the 175/5% FHR would sell very nicely, especially if there is a duper hard up enough.

EDIT: Oh yeah, to answer Stinger's question on number of Pgems. It varied. I would cube them as I traded for the Pgems in channel.

Some of them took like 10-15 attempts (30-45 pgems), the Hibernal (8-20) I remember took around 300 pgems and the Flaming was one I actually gave up on. That one took around 1200 pgems IIRC. I spent two nights on trading for the gems to cube it and that was the mod it spawned finally.

After I cubed the last one (the Hibernal of Vita) I started cubing Grands (NM Act 3) and regular smalls found in Hell Act 3 or later (or the Pit). Much better use of my Pgems. These uber mods are as rare as their lesser counterparts (Toxic, Smoking, Boreal, and Arcing) in terms of odds of a roll, so you can expect an uncertain amount of time to get there.

12. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Wow man! Those vita charms are awesome!

13. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Where can one find grand charms high enough lvl to spawn the +45 life suffix? Are the Pits high enough?

14. ConnerMacleod

+45 life will spawn only on ilvl 93 and up. In 1.10, this limits you severely. Two places to look for one. Mr D. and Baal, both in Hell. Hell D being mlvl 94 and Baal of course 99.