Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell andy drop bug?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Wolfedude, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

Hell andy drop bug?

Is there some sort of bug that I have not heard of the affects the drops of hell Andariel? Read in the sorceress forum that all act 1 quests have to be completed to have andy drop each time like it is the first time. Someone plaese confirm or deny.
    Many thanks.

2. DarkLordVader

DarkLordVader IncGamers Member

Apparently if you do not talk to warriv after killing andy she does not reset herself so you can just exit and do her again and again aslong as you don't talk to warriv and move on to act two.

3. 5zigen

5zigen IncGamers Member

actually it doesnt matter if you talk to warriv or not. I killed her twice today (helping somone else) with my 89 sorc and while she didnt drop gems she dropped 4 rares and a set both times.

4. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

I was an avid hunter of the huge wench for a time a while back. She always drops "good". However, I don't see the difference between her and, let's say Meph. It seems like all Bosses drop "first drop" to me. Could someone explain why Andy is different?

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I've never tried what DarkLord said, but I hunted Andy for a while also and there's definitely no universal bug. I remember times when she'd only drop one item and a potion or something. So if there is still a bug, it probably has something to do with DarkLord's post.

6. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Ok, I did some reading in the forums here, and the general concensis was that once you kill andy (after having completed all of the quests in A1) you have to talk to warriv right away, in the same game and that activates the bug. So I tried it out. I had a character that had killed andy, but had not talked to warriv and exited the game to start another and do a pit run, I killed andy about 20 times with this character, her drops were all over the place, normals, magic (with correct durablilty etc) The I took another character that haden't finished act 1 yet, so I finished it, talked to warriv right away, went to act 2, came back to act 1, then proceeded to create new games. I ran andy 30 times with that character and every time she dropped rares, uniques, sets or failed versions of thoes. (Magic items with like 3 times the durability she dropped greater claws with a durability of 128 for example) so there definitly seems to be something there.

7. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

hmm, I dont know if this relates but it is interesting. I had a mf barb. who did all act 1 quest befor getting andy. After andy did talk to warren, and andy there after gave him great stuff. Except when he partied with anyone else. Then the drops where poop. I could not figure it out. Why by myself andy was dropping great, with my friends nothing. None of my other char have even come close to those drops so i just figured it was the mf luck. I just realized that with all those char i would useally skip countess and malus, and go to andy. I do not know if their is any validaty to this, but i know i will do quest befor Andy now.

8. SnowDrake

SnowDrake IncGamers Member

Does completing all quests involve having Charsi imbue something so it will say "Quest Completed"?

9. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Wouldn't the easier way of checking the validity of the bug be to see if she dropped you a normal gem + some others every time, rather than comparing like 50 runs each way?

10. 0takuPryd3

0takuPryd3 Banned

I have no idea about my talking to Warriv with either character, but my old sorc would run Hell Andy and would get some good drops, like SOJ, Skin and Wizardspike in the same drop, etc. With my new sorc, she always drops two magic items or potions and gold or crap like that. Not a big deal, I guess, but it's kind annoying.