Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell Andariel?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SnakeEye85, Feb 12, 2004.

1. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

Hell Andariel?

I se alot of people run her, specially for the Ring´s?

i heard there´s a bug that makes her drop as first-drops all the time if you talk to the townspeople, is that true?

This got me interessted since i´d like to find one of those SoJ´s :)

I can run hell andariel in like no time at players 8 and i tried it one time and got Guardian angel :p

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

I've heard the rumors too about the first drop bug, however I've seen Hakai post that Andariel and Duriel always drop the first drop no matter what you do, so I'm kinda unsure about this...

Also one other thing that makes me doubt the whole thing is that when I quest her, she normally drops gems along with items. When I run her a thousand times, I get heaps of items but very few gems. And this comes from someone who actually has run her over thousand times now...and yes, I did it for the rings, result: 2 SoJs and 1 BK ring :D

3. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

There is a silly rumour floating around about having to talk to the townsfolk to keep Andy and little D dropping their quest drops. This was started by people reading the full explanation and misunderstanding it, and assuming you had to do something to make the bug happen :)

In fact, talking to the townsfolk one time after you kill Andy will result in her dropping the quest drop forever. The only way to not get the quest drop would be to kill her over and over without talking to the townsfolk ever, which sounds to me like a strange way to behave.

The gems thing is complicated - when you kill her to complete the quest, gems drop, but not from her (they are not part of her qeust drop). They drop separately through a mechanism more like the Hellforge. When you get the quest drop from Andy in the future, due to the bug, you don't trigger the same gem drop.

Everything else mentioned is correct. Andy (all versions) is good for rings, and has the best chance of dropping uniques of any creature in the game. The NM version is high enough for SoJs, although you need to kill the Hell one for BKWBs.

4. SnakeEye85

ok thanks for clearing that up!!

have run her like 20 times now and got 1 manald...hehe

she is extremly fast to run with a fast map so it seems like a good place to get some low lvl stuff if nothing else, i always seems to lack that when creating new chars.

what about unique amulets? runes?

5. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

She drops amulets too, so far I've got 3 Highlord's Wraths from her, can't remember all the others but no notable finds in ammies...

As for runes, she hasn't dropped me anything worth mentioning though a zombie minion on the same level dropped me a Ber about 2 months ago :)

6. Vex_Nemox

Vex_Nemox IncGamers Member

The supposed bug with Andariel is she will always drop using the "first kill" tables, or whatever you want to call it. Her and Duriel have a tendency to drop Rings and Amulets more frequently. If you are running her for a SoJ and a SoJ only you are better off running her in Nightmare (removes the chance of getting alot of the higher level items thus very, very, very slightly increasing the chance that a Ring will be a SoJ.

7. SnakeEye85

she seems to be incredible good to run for lowlvl stuff....don´t know why i never thought about that with my untwinked chars....

have been running her now for an hour or so and found

sandtrek boots, 2xwizpike :scratch: , guardian angel, vipermagi, 2unique and 2 set rings (all crap), 1 unique amy(nogkzan...), 2 frosties, magefist, tals belt, gerkes sheild
    like 5 ORT runes (no other rune than ort)
    elemental druid charm with 11 life, sc 50psn dmg and 1-24light dmg

and super many lower lvl stuff

i know were i will go with my next untwinked char... :)

8. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Perhaps she drops jewellery so often because she doesn't wear anything else.

I mean, a pair of nipple rings and a gold chain between them and she consider herself fully dressed, what a tart.