Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell ancients...HELP

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shadolupin, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Shadolupin

Shadolupin IncGamers Member

Hell ancients...HELP

Ok i just skipped all of act five by vigoring/telestaffing past everything in anc five hell and i got to the arreat summit and started fighting the ancients and i got my arse pwnd. It really pissed me off, i thought a lvl 78 pally with approx 5.8 k hammers could take em, but he cant at all. Advice and/or help would be appriciated. Should i go lvl till 80 or or sumtin, or just keep tryin?
    what is a good lvl to do the evil babas in? :confused:

2. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

Uh, your level really is a bit low. I ususally play NM until about lv 75 and I'm 83/84 when I meet the ancients (surprisingly these levels are quite independent of the actual build I'm playing).

There are a lot of threads here dealing with hell ancients, search around a little bit. Most important is to check for the modifiers the ancients have, there are quite some that should result in an immediate reroll (aka open a TP and restart), since it's almost impossible to win against for example a FE / Fanat combo.

3. Day

Day IncGamers Member

As said there are a lot of posts on Hell Ancients. I'd also say your level is low but that its probably not the only issue. I've never played a Hammerdin but remember some posts with someone with the same problem and seem to recall the trick was laying fields of hammers for them to run into rather than standing there getting punched out whilst spamming hammers?

Some things that also help are:

A Holy freeze merc (properly levelled - if you skipped through what level are they?) and Kelpie Snare with life steal and CB if you can get it.

Decent gear with some damage reduction (you and the Merc if poss). Decent blocking (expect you have this).

Also, as Cormallon says re-rolling to get a better mix of mods on the Ancients. A good tip I found is if your Merc dies quickly (ie. you can't keep him alive with full rejuvs) you aren't going to be able to do them)!

I'd suggest that if your Merc dies and all Ancients are still alive - start again.

Obviously, lots of full rejuvs andn life potions scattered around to pick up when needed.

4. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

1. "something " not "sumthin".

2. do you really need a new thread for this? how about putting it into the Daily thread - thats what its there for.

3. and not every little progress or setback you have in the game needs a new thread - meaning your other 2 threads - so refer to 2.

4. fer chrissakes, grow up

5. Lucky_Seven

Lucky_Seven IncGamers Member

pay them with a gul ;)