Hell Ancient Quest Bug? : Are there no bonus attribute and skill point?

XtremeTiramisu

Diabloii.Net Member
Hell Ancient Quest Bug? : Are there no bonus attribute and skill point?

I just finished Hell ancient quest with my party on ladder but I didn't get any bonus attribute and skill level points like I did in normal and nightmare. What's going on? Is this is a bug? I remember reading this kind of question sometime ago but it didn't happen to me back then.

Please let me know if you know the infos behind this as I'm really worried now. My necro is Level 81 when he finished Hell ancient and I certainly don't want to rebuild him becouse of this..

XT

stephan

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Hell Ancient Quest Bug? : Are there no bonus attribute and skill point?

The Ancients quest doesn't give a skill and stat-point bonus, but an experience bonus. In Normal and NM the exp bonus is normally high enough to push your character one level up (hence you get one skill point and 5 stat points), but in Hell and certainly with a level 81 character the bonus does not necessarily push you up one level (for example if you just leveled before The Ancients quest).

XtremeTiramisu

Diabloii.Net Member

The Ancients quest doesn't give a skill and stat-point bonus, but an experience bonus. In Normal and NM the exp bonus is normally high enough to push your character one level up (hence you get one skill point and 5 stat points), but in Hell and certainly with a level 81 character the bonus does not necessarily push you up one level (for example if you just leveled before The Ancients quest).
Oh my freaking god, it's like you can read my mind or you've being watching my necro up to lvl 81 all along !!!

You're 100% correct, I had my necro leveled just before I did ancient. Of all these years playing D2, I can't believe I don't know or maybe I forgot or don't care about the storyline anymore...lol at myself. So it's the huge exp points bonus that leveled my character in normal and nightmare and becouse I'm already at a high level of 81 so that's why the exp bonus isn't big enough to push me to the next level. I just checked my exp guage and it's indeed 2/3 full.

Thanks!
XT

korialstraz

Diabloii.Net Member

IIRC hell ancients give 60 million exp upon completing the quest. I'm not sure what the other bonuses are though.