Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hell amazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Heeman, May 27, 2005.

1. Heeman

Heeman IncGamers Member

hell amazon

ive been going through all the guides and cant find the one im looking for. i want my zon to be able to use the buriza and the titans. any suggestions? im tryin to get through hell and im having some trouble

2. San

San IncGamers Member

A hybridzon. Put 20 in strafe/multishot and LF and then 20 in penetrate, valk, some points in pierce, the usual stuff.

Should be hell-viable easily, though with this, I'd probably use a +4 Thunderstroke for the LF.

3. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

you could also put a stress on the java and then put some pnts into freezing arrow and let ur merc kill the li's when frozen...

4. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

My "standard" javazon used to use titans with buri on switch. Every single mod on buri is useful: especially its nontrivial cold dmg, freeze target, high physical dmg endgame, and 100% piercing attack. FA and GA work very well with Buri - for almost every ama. MS and buri don't match very well. Strafe works very well with Buri if and only if you have decent AR, which may require a hefty investment in Penetrate.

With only 24-25 skill pts (1 in Jab), you can max LF. With Tgods+Titan's, you get lvl 27 LF. It's usable in Hell.

For passives, you may want to max Valk (not 17, but 20 raw skill pts here), and get 50% (with endgame gear) from Dodge/Avoid/Evade. note: 1 pt in Critical Strike is enough.

the rest of your skill pts should be enough to allow you to max 2 more skills, which could be Strafe + Penetrate. If you do so, you have diverted your skill pts equally in the java and the bow tree. your killing speed will hardly ever take off - you are a mediore ama with either wpn of your choice.

If i were you, I'd max Charged Strike, raise Pierce to 5 to 10+ (depending on endgame gear), and focus more on passives to give me a much stronger LF javazon. I'd have 1 pt in FA, 1 in GA (and perhaps also 1 in Strafe - this 1 pt can hardly be wasted as long as you actually use it) - only put up to 7 skill pts in the bow tree. I'd fill my inventory with 12+ cold dmg small charms (3+ columns) to aid my FA.

I'd also hire a NM defensive merc. With a very strong valk (best to cast her at lvl 30+ in town) and a HF merc (keep him at your level,and try to outfit him as best as you can), you can solo Hell, with some patience. use LF, CS, and Jab in shield mode most of the time (so you'll be safe/strong most of the time in Hell). Switch to buri if and only if necessary (in buri mode you'll be very vulnerable in Hell, compared to in shield mod).

obviously, I'd focus on javelin + passive skills - a javazon is cheaper to build, and can be built to be very strong/powerful in the end. But if you choose to focus on bow skills, you'd be much better off if you just forget all about titan's. Unless your endgame goal is a Hell act1 pit runner (having a lvl 75+ char to do pit runs is really no big deal), buri is not a good endgame choice to any dedicated bowazon.

Edit -

the above build that I suggested to you is what i planned for my very first HCL javazon back in 2003 - I was determined to solo her through Hell once she got to lvl 75 in NM, but unfortunately she got PK'ed in a public game at about 70.

5. ramian

ramian IncGamers Member

My zon is having problems surviving in hell as well. She's lvl 73 and she can't even complete the Den of Evil quest. Her stats are as follows:
    Str: 110
    Dex: 300+
    Vit: 45
    Eng: base

Resistences:
    Fire: Max
    Cold: 58%
    Lightning: 40%
    Poison: 53%

Items:
    Witchwild String w Shael x 2
    Duriel's Shell
    Tal's mask
    Tal's belt
    17 dex Raven Frost
    Rare ring w 13 fire, 27 cold and 30 poison resists
    Rare amulet w 20 prismatic resists, reduce poison length and something else
    LoH gloves
    Threads of Cthon boots
    buriza on weapon switch
    some cold, lightning, poison charms (about 50 dmg total for each element except cold)

Since this is my 1st character since 1.09, I kinda thought GA was still good and wasted 15 skill points in it as well as 7 in MS. Didn't even use them once. Have maxed strafe, penetrate at 15, pierce at 9, D/A/E at 1 each and valk at 5.

she can survive nightmare without much problem except that boss killing is very slow and tedious. but once into hell, she can barely survive 5 mins outside the rouge encampment... it's quite pathetic actually when she gets on getting killed by quill rats and zombies over and over again.

does anyone have any ideas how i can improve on her killing power. if i can just get her to survive act 1, i could do countess runs to get runes or pit runs for items so that i can make a proper mf character and move on from there. I'm not dirt poor (i've about 20 pgems), but i don't really know what to get to help my zon out. would like any help or advice.

thanks in advance.