Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hel a windforce what do u think

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by clocker, Mar 28, 2004.

1. clocker

clocker IncGamers Member

hel a windforce what do u think

this would bring the strength requirement down. and you could bump up the dex and vit more for more damage and life.

And for the ias you could get it from other items

hase anyone tried it.

What are your thoughts and suggestions?????

clocker

2. GhostStealer

GhostStealer IncGamers Member

Some zons has done it though imo it's kinda a waste. You can easily find the necessary strength from items/charms to wield that bow. However, due to the fact that there is a unsocket horadric recipe you can easily get rid of the hel socketed in your wf once you got enough strength.

3. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't do it :D

134 str isn't that much, esp as you can easily get some +str from gear/charms/anni:

10 from WT's / 20 from Tgods? / mav's gloves / Ik stuff (gloves + belt or boots give nice partial and lots of +str) / 2 from shako / 5 from mara's etc :D

and there are many better things to socket a wf with:
    Sheal
    Amn
    ED
    ED/IAS

4. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

I doubt HEl is such a good idea. As stated above, strength can be gained from plenty items. It's a better idea to socket it with something that contributes to damage / killing speed :thumbsup:

-Backdoor Bandit

5. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

I think a Hel would be a wasted opportunity. A nice rare -15% requirement jewel with very good other mods might just be worthwhile. The Hel would reduce the 134 str to 108 and a -15% jewel would be 114.

It is easy to get large amounts of Strength from equipment. Several helms have upto 20 to 30 str, some armour has 20 to 30 including Lionheart which gives 25 and some excellent other mods for a Bowazon. Rings and amulets can have large amounts of strength.

6. Leto`

Leto` IncGamers Member

An upgraded withwild string is lots cheaper :D

7. EnDrIn-SK

EnDrIn-SK IncGamers Member

i know it's not the same thing, but my javazon got 95 base strenght, and with itens she got 230 :lol: , i mean, i use a 15-17-10 anni, tgods (20str), andy's visage (30 str) with them i get 160 str, enough for ss, which gives +30, my rare dual leech ring gives 10 or sumfin bout that,plus 20 of my titans, plus other stuff... not hard to have 134 str imo... i think is pretty stupid to get more then 100 str unless u r heavy melee(pretending to use something like a Tmaul or ogre maul >.<)

cya

8. jren

jren IncGamers Member

100% agree with this quote. get eq (or charms) that gives str. Don't hel a wf, you can socket other things such as ed-ias jewels/ jah/ ohm.

9. Privater

Privater IncGamers Member

Its not such a bad idea after all its time to try the new desocked recipe :p
    Now to get to the point a ed/ias jewel would always be the best choise for the wf.

10. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

ok....if your mind is made up about putting a hel into your wf why not see if you can trade for an ed/-15 req jewel.....i have a wf socketed with a 40/-15 jewel....really kicks azz....already had enough ias on equip for next break i needed on this zon so the saved stats went into dex.....the extra damage is nice and that added a/r comes in handy

11. clocker

clocker IncGamers Member

I never thought of a 40/-15 jewel might be really hard to get. My reason for the hel is to boost my dex and also use more ias for a 9/2 or 9/3 strafe.

Thats all. I thought it might be something diff.

Does anyone strafe 9/2 or 9/3 with a windy???

Thanks

12. superdave

yes there is a noticeable difference strafing 9/2 and 9/3....try to experiment with different speeds.....you will be able to find a happy medium between killing speed and staying alive long enough to dance on the corpses....my uberd killer now has NO ias other than that on the bow.....try trading for a lesser ed/-15 jewel....they are out there....i've found two 40/-15 so far...you can always pop it out if you find a better jewel

13. triqui

triqui IncGamers Member

Why upgraded witchwild string and not upgraded goldstrike arch?? I havent tested, but i think upgraded goldstrike would become a monster (better than a cruel hydra bow of quickness, btw):

It would dish out up to 230 damage or so, plus 200% extra damage against demons and undead (quite a lot of enemies) and an extra 150% to AR (so you need to spend fewer points in passive skills). Plus it have 50% ias, and you can shael it. Why everybody talks about upgrading WW string and i havent heard about upgrading goldstrike arch. I think that PvM it should be even better than WF (do more damage against demons and undead, pretty much of the enemies), and have more AR and speed.

14. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

cruel of quick doesn't spawn on bows... best you can get is "of alacrity" (20% ias)

15. ranger03

ranger03 IncGamers Member

Hi, now i'm having 90ias.. Should I reali aim for a higher ias to reach the next BP? Big decision as I'm about to soc a 40ed jewel into my wf..
    Pls advice..

16. superdave

90ias in a wf should do you nicely in hell the bow should rock with the 40 ed....i do have an extra 40/-15 jewel if you play sc/l/east

17. triqui

triqui IncGamers Member

and uped goldstrike would still be "of quickness" with its 50% ias (and cruel, with 200-250 ed) plus very very nice mod against pvm. I know in pvp windforce would rock much more. but in pvm, i think it is THE bow.

18. GlennDanzig220

GlennDanzig220 IncGamers Member

I've got both WF and upped 249% Goldstrike, and I like the GS a lot. However, to me it doesn't compare to the WF at higher levels, the damage is just too high. Still a very nice bow, as is upped WWS, upped Lycanders, etc.

19. Broncobiv2

Broncobiv2 IncGamers Member

I think it's already been very well discussed that Hel is a bad idea. But here's another reason why.

As JoJeck said, Hel would only decrease the strength req from 134 to 108. That's a savings of 26 strength. One of your reasons to do this was so that you could pump dex more. Well +26 dex is equivalent to +26% ED (and the AR, but you won't get that much more). It's really not hard to find an ED jewel with higher than +26% ED. Plus they can have extra mods such as +max, IAS, or even -15% req.

So don't use a Hel simply so you can boost dex more. The extra +26% ED is easily obtainable in a jewel, and you can do much better than that too.