Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Heavy weapon sin Qs

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by taosk8r, Apr 2, 2004.

1. taosk8r

taosk8r IncGamers Member

Heavy weapon sin Q

Ok so I saw this build on gameFAQs that relies on high damage weapons, BoS, and TS, but I'm wondering if it really works because I've been hunting around for a simple answer for days and can't find it conclusively enough anywhere..

Simply, does TS only add the damage bonus to finishing moves or does it amp up a normal weapon damage w/o using finishers?

2. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

Adds damage only to finishers. If your planning to do PvP then i dont suggest using Tiger Strike, it's pretty hard to land the hits knowing there is less attack rating involved IMO not worth the skill.

[email protected]~

3. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums.

There are a lot of problems associated with trying to make this build. Attack Rating is one of your biggest problems. The damage will not be as high as it looks.

The way the blade tree looks, these heavy weapons should work really well with Blade Fury, Blade Sentinel and Blade Sheild, but they don't it will only use half of their weapon damage.

For the most part the problem is this. You will be attacking too slow since the Assassin has problems swinging heavy weapons quickly, no matter your level of Burst of Speed. Also you will be dedicating all the rest of your gear to fixing your Attack Rating problem.

I would direct you to the Strategy Compendium of this site to look at those builds. That site includes most of the builds that actually work fairly well. If you have more questions come back.

4. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

This is what it says on the Arreat Summit regarding charges:

"Intrinsic to the Assassin's arsenal of abilities is her incredible prowess in the mysterious Martial Arts style of the Viz-Jaq'taar. Martial Arts skills come in two forms, Charge-up Skills and Finishing Moves. A Charge-up Skill is an attack that adds a "charge" for each successive hit within a short time frame. While each Charge-up attack deals normal damage, the charges continue to accumulate until triggered or until the time limit runs out. To trigger the accumulated charges, strike a monster with either a normal attack or one of the Finishing Moves. A Finishing Move doesn't just trigger the release of the accumulated charges-it also adds a powerful effect of its own. Furthermore, by building up a succession of different Charge-up Skills, Assassins can generate a potent combination of effects. Assassins are specially trained in the use of exotic Claw-class weaponry, and some of their skills can be used only when armed with these weapons.

You can use any one or two-handed weapon with Tiger Strike, Cobra Strike, Phoenix Strike which means you can combine those skills with a Shield and a good one-handed weapon if you choose. They do not use two weapons at once however the damage and speed is averaged. Blades of Ice, Claws of Thunder, and Dragon Claw require Katars (Claw-class Weapons).

Fists of Fire, Claws of Thunder, and Blades of Ice require one Claw-class weapon and Dragon Claw requires two Claw-class weapons. "

I take this to mean that damage would be added to regular attacks with Tiger Strike. Now this still would be a comparatively weak build because Assassin swing very slowly with big weapons no matter how much Increased Attack Speed you have and because it only amps the damage when the charges are released. But the charges for Tiger Strike, Cobra Strike, and Pheonix Strike can be released with any melee weapon using normal attack.

5. taosk8r

taosk8r IncGamers Member

Yup I did my homework on all the available sites.. Sure wish I could link to all the available guides for the game from the main site (since the redesign I've noticed that I can deep link into some of the older guides from the individual character strategy section that I can't seem to find from the main page)..

O well, I guess I'm gonna pretty much give up on the sin as viable since I play strictly offline PvM (since my computer's HD died and my friend doesn't pay for an ISP (which would be 56k at most), and it just looks like in order to dish out enough physical damage (to get through hell) sin gets real specific item/party member dependant..

Back to druid/barb I spose.. :( Thanks for all the replies tho..