Heart Of The Oak

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Heart Of The Oak

In what kind of weapon should I put it? In a flail, knout or scourge?
It's primarily a caster weapon, but there might be caster/melee hybrids for whom it would be of interest, and a scourge would then mean more damage. On the other hand, the strength requirement for a scourge will be a bit high for most casters. The first character I want to make it for doesn't have enough strength, on the other hand she has quite a few stat points left which she can use to boost strength enough to wield a scourge. Any advice?

frosty

Diabloii.Net Member
Heart of the Oak
Knout
'KoVexPulThul'
One-Hand Damage: 13 to 35
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Dexterity: 73
Required Strength: 82
Required Level: 55
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x1eeb9da1
+10 to Dexterity
All Resistances +33
Adds 3-14 cold damage over 3 seconds
7% Mana stolen per hit
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
40% Faster Cast Rate
75% Damage to Demons
150% Damage to Undead
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+3 to All Skill Levels
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
Socketed (4: 4 used)

In a knout, and the mods are made for casters. So put it in a flail.

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Yes put it in a flail for lower dex requirement. It won't be a problem for a caster who goes for max block though, so a scourge, knout or whatever weapon possible (that doesn't have a too high strength requirement) will do fine if you go for max block. HOTO does quite small damage as a weapon so it's not a big point in putting it into a high damaging weapon anyway.

-Asdfgah

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
A flail, definitely. The only builds you'd want to melee with a HotO would be like an Enchantress or Shock Zealot or something, and even then it would make little difference to them to melee with a flail or a scourge.

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
I did indeed put it in a flail, and replaced the Wizardspike and Ormus' robes Meteorb was using by Heart Of The Oak and Skin Of The Vipermagi, the result was nice, a lot faster killing speed, probably having to do with the meteor damage now getting listed as 10k-11k, an increase of about 20-25%