Heart of the Oak

longshot2005

Diabloii.Net Member
Heart of the Oak

wow.. i have finally managed to colled all the runes. Now i need the 4 socket mace class weapon..

Wonedering if anyone has a good idea which is the best weapon to use. Its for my sorc that has a 115 strength..

Thanx
 

SilentMagik

Diabloii.Net Member
Most people use a flail because of the low str req. You're not going to melee with it so the damage on the weapon isnt really relevant.
 

longshot2005

Diabloii.Net Member
SilentMagik said:
Most people use a flail because of the low str req. You're not going to melee with it so the damage on the weapon isnt really relevant.
would it work in a battle hammer or war hammer??? I just think they might look nicer than a flai.
 

darrenlee

Diabloii.Net Member
longshot2005 said:
would it work in a battle hammer or war hammer??? I just think they might look nicer than a flai.
dont, you wont be able to trade it off next time.
stick with a flail only.
 

longshot2005

Diabloii.Net Member
darrenlee said:
dont, you wont be able to trade it off next time.
stick with a flail only.
really.. a flail has dex (35) and stength (41) requirements. A war hammer only has strength (53). By the time you can use this i figured everyone should have this strength as a pre-requisite for armor /sheild etc.. and it looks cooler. I mean your not going to be swinging it so wpn speed should be a factor.. right??

Why are people so picky. I mut be missing something. Please let me know. I intend on getting onto b.net is a few hours to trade for the socketed wpn..
 

Frex

Diabloii.Net Member
longshot2005 said:
really.. a flail has dex (35) and stength (41) requirements. A war hammer only has strength (53). By the time you can use this i figured everyone should have this strength as a pre-requisite for armor /sheild etc.. and it looks cooler.
*shrugs* The whole "look" thing is a personal preference. Personally, I like flails more, but that's just me. I'll have to second what darrenlee said though; some people use item look as a factor in the items they buy, and I believe a majority of the people tend to stick with flails for Heart of the Oak (similiarly, why it's harder to trade off...say... a Double Axe CTA than a Crystal Sword or Flail CTA).

I mean your not going to be swinging it so wpn speed should be a factor.. right??
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I actually believe Lightning and/or Chain Lightning (the sorc spell) is dependent on weapon speed (at least I'm pretty sure it was back in 1.09).
 

longshot2005

Diabloii.Net Member
Frex said:
*shrugs* The whole "look" thing is a personal preference. Personally, I like flails more, but that's just me. I'll have to second what darrenlee said though; some people use item look as a factor in the items they buy, and I believe a majority of the people tend to stick with flails for Heart of the Oak (similiarly, why it's harder to trade off...say... a Double Axe CTA than a Crystal Sword or Flail CTA).

Fair nuff. thnx



Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I actually believe Lightning and/or Chain Lightning (the sorc spell) is dependent on weapon speed (at least I'm pretty sure it was back in 1.09).
Was.. apparently fix to cast speed in 1.10 (been reading sorc forum alot)
 

Diab

Diabloii.Net Member
It's not because of the fact that it looks good or that it has low requirements that people make it in a flail. It's the fact that the only other type of weapon it can be made in, is a staff. A "Mace", in this case, is as quoted from the Arreat Summit runeword page:

Maces = Mace, Morning Star, Flail, and Exceptional/Elite versions. This does not include any other types of Maces.
Staves are two-handed, so that's why they are not chosen.

Flails are chosen over Scourges and Knouts, simply because of their lower requirements.
 
Top