Health

kobold

Banned
Health

.... mine sucks.

Ok, not really sucks, but sort of.

I used to be very active, into sports (running, mountain biking), didn't drink coffee or drink, yada yada yada. Insert marriage and a bunch of children, plus studying for 7 ****ing years, and all of a sudden physical activity is on the back burner.

I guess where this is going is that I drink too much coffee. I tend to have 2 large per day. I'm having one now, while studying and watching for bot-threads to spam up.

So, are you guys the paragon of health, or have your real life factors kicked your personal activities square in the nuts?

I know that I could "make" time to do more, but let me tell you, first I need to find the motivation to do so after I take care of all of the other things I need to do in a day.

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
Turns out I inherited bad blood circulation, coming from both my parents.

I don't drink alcohol and I've never been drunk. Never smoked. Never been much of a sports person. I eat my veggies (if I can), have the max of 2 cups coffee a day.

But often my legs hurt. With the summer heat, I can often not walk or stand up. Very embarrassing.:cry:

kobold

Banned
But often my legs hurt. With the summer heat, I can often not walk or stand up. Very embarrassing.:cry:
Do you have varicose veins Vivi? Do you use support hose? It would really suck to hurt to walk or stand up. :flowers:

I'm just wondering if there is anything that can be done to improve the circulation.

Thelioness

Diabloii.Net Member
I could be doing more, but I'm not. Being a wife, mom, employee, etc tends to suck up any personal time I might have.

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you have varicose veins Vivi? Do you use support hose? It would really suck to hurt to walk or stand up. :flowers:

I'm just wondering if there is anything that can be done to improve the circulation.
I don't know what varicose veins are....if they are the sort of bluelike tube veins on the outside of legs, no. Mine are on the inside, the ones my nan had.
I am not yet using support hoses. My mother started using hers when she was 30. I'll be 30 next year. Mother realised that it got a lot worse after she had two children. I will remain childless with this as one of the reasons. I've known this since I was rather young though so I can live with it.

And yes, it sucks, not being able to walk (and I love going on walks) or having to sit down after a few metres, or asking people to stand up for me in the bus or so. How often I don't get the reply "but you're young, with young legs, you can stand".

It is disturbing. :cry:

kobold

Banned
I don't know what varicose veins are....if they are the sort of bluelike tube veins on the outside of legs, no. Mine are on the inside, the ones my nan had.
yes, this is what I meant.
Mother realised that it got a lot worse after she had two children. I will remain childless with this as one of the reasons. I've known this since I was rather young though so I can live with it.
Is there any chance that although your legs are similar to your mother's, that you would not react the same way were you to have children?

Lord Nyax

Banned
...I play soccer 10 months out of the year. The ones I don't play?: late Oct-early Dec. So In about 2 weeks I'll start up again...

You should get a Wii. According to D2netDad it's a pretty good workout...and I've been hearing a lot of that same thing echoed around. Cool beans. :thumbsup:

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
So, are you guys the paragon of health, or have your real life factors kicked your personal activities square in the nuts?
I lifted weights just last night. I don't however hike nearly as much as I want to.

As for coffee, I don't drink it. Never have.

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
You should get a Wii. According to D2netDad it's a pretty good workout...and I've been hearing a lot of that same thing echoed around.
I must have missed that.

I do remember him saying this:

D2netDad said:
For anyone worried about having to be up jumping around all the time.

Rest assured you don't need to be at all. Wrist flicks and quick easy to pull off motions work as well.

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
yes, this is what I meant.

Is there any chance that although your legs are similar to your mother's, that you would not react the same way were you to have children?

I'm afraid not. As I said it comes in from both sides of the family. My grandmother from father side had the same.....aswell as my grandmother from mothers side. They both had a different variety than my mother has. But the result is the same.

If I'm careful, live healthy (and god I hope to get rid of this overweight at some point), I might manage with just support hoses. I feel very old sometimes.

I don't have much time for sports but I've taken up Pilates, once a week. I can do that.

Johnny

Banned
I dont drink alcohol or use any form of tobaco.

I dont go to the gym but my profession works as a semi gym. I get alot of strength excercise but not alot of stamina.

My diet is ok. Hardly perfect but ok. I could probably eat less meat and pasta and more veggies but I do fine with 2-3 veggies a day. A peice of fruit with every meal when fruit is around.

I drink ton of coffe.

I take two table spoons of instant coffe in my cup in the morning when I get up at 4:30 because its the only ammount that has any effect. Then one cup of coffe at work at 6:00. Then another cup at 9:00 and one at 12:30.

Though only the first cup is abnormaly strong. The rest are normal strength.

I have no allergies what so ever. And so far not a single particular weakness or so far found irregularity.

The worst I have are a few scars left from old injuries that might turn into an irregularity at older age like when I almost had a finger cut off at work. It healed fine but a coworker said that at older age I could have issues with that finger.

I dont get the whole deal about coffe. I heard its supposed to release dopamines and its so popular but after 6 years of drinking coffe it still tastes like piss and it doesnt add any "Happy happy chemicals" as far as I can feel. All it does it make it feel like I got more sleep than I actualy did.

That and make me run to the bathroom every hour.

Lord Nyax

Banned
I must have missed that.

I do remember him saying this:
My bad, it was in his/"his" thread so I associated it with him. However:
D2netDad said:
Boxing
*pant* *wheeze*
Fun game, but also the most tiring out of any of them. Your hands are constantly in motion, what with the guarding, punching, and hooking and of course you can dodge side to side too.
But, anyway, this really amused me:
Linky
D2netDad said:
The Training exercises and the Fitness part are win too.
They could re-tool the game and sell it as a fitness sports simulation package and charge twice as much and it would sell like hotcakes.

As with every good evil conservative I am well fed on candy stolen from babies and garnished with stolen social security checks. I was it all down with polluted water and have a light dessert of spotted owl deep fat fried in Exxon oil.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm in mint condition. Very slightly short-sighted, I've never bothered to get glasses for it though. I get hayfever if the weather changes too quickly (which is pretty annoying here in Melbourne), I was asthmatic as a kid but I grew out of it... that's about it.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't exercise near as much as I'd like to. It's tough when I am paying an obscene amount of money for a school gym membership that is too far to walk to. And if I want to drive there, I have to buy an obscenely expensive parking pass.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't exercise near as much as I'd like to. It's tough when I am paying an obscene amount of money for a school gym membership that is too far to walk to. And if I want to drive there, I have to buy an obscenely expensive parking pass.
Maybe you should cancel the membership and just run to and from the gym every day, that's your exercise right there.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
these days my motivation to weight lift and/or do cardio every day is a pretty good one, if i stop for a few weeks i will probably die from a heart attack with the amount of food i eat now and the amount of sitting around i have to do at work (grad lab research)

5-6 years ago my mindset about health just changed suddenly, started lifting weights, no more juices/sodas, almost no refined sugar, much less salt, almost no processed food and dropped from 250 to 185 lbs in ~6 months

it's also convenient that i have a gym setup at home with a machine, free weights and bike which means i have no excuse to not devote at least an hour a day to it

my vision quality is pathetic but soft contact lenses took care of that problem easily and it only costs me about $110 every 6 months

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe you should cancel the membership and just run to and from the gym every day, that's your exercise right there.
Unfortunately the membership fee is not a choice. I play racquetball every now and then, and use the indoor soccer field once or twice a month, but the cost is ridiculous. Something like $200 for the semester (about 4 months).

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm blind
I shake uncontrollably when it drops below 60 degrees
I'm poor, and bad food is generally cheaper than good food
I drink alot of coke
My teeth suck
My level of activity has dropped off recently