Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Healing Pally with some damage

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Tyce, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Tyce

Tyce IncGamers Member

Healing Pally with some damage

Okay, i haven't been on in a while and the main site is down so i can't see the skills and their synergies and such. I was thinking:
    ~10 HB
    20 prayer
    (insight) 12 meditation
    20 FOH
    20 synergy to FOH
    and synergies to HB/prayer

Probably a couple of points into randome one point wonders, and then an act 3 ice merc or wholy freeze act 2 merc.

Possibly thinking about having some items equiped with other auras. I don't recall what it is that the other healing aura is or which is even better but my prayer + med, +my mercs med+ HF... Pretty nice?

Also, thinking instead going 20 med, 12 prayer or w/e to synergize what ever it is i need to synergize and then use a very powerful bow since i either will be tanking or standing back.

Any feedback would be nice. I'm doing this build either way and i'll be poor so starting with crap eq (Which means i'll be tanking a lot). I will most likely figure out what i am gonna be doing once the site is back up. Thanks for any help in advice
    Tyce

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. Dirkw

Dirkw IncGamers Member

Re: Healing Pally with some damage

This kind of character will usually end up in the garbage bin... Your FOH will be severely underpowered and there usually is no need for extra defensive measures. Like, potions fit the bill for almost any character. If there isn't already another way of taking care of themselves, that is.

You can make a character that is dedicated to healing. But, as with that cleric guide that exists somewhere, I don't see how there's any point to it. I just don't get it... I mean it looks nice on paper and sounds great in theory but really, what exactly is it going to do?

3. Sixstringer

Sixstringer IncGamers Member

I have a similar themed build in progress and it's been fun. He has max HB, FoH, and almost maxed holy shock. 1 pt in prayer, cleansing and med, and conviction. My original plan was to max prayer and use points and items to hit the conviction cap. This way, you get a full-powered FoH and a fully healing HB.

I've used a 1pt+skills zeal and HS against mobs and FoH and conviction against bosses and undead.

My use of zeal got me thinking about an alternate build that would swap those pts in prayer for resist light for more HS damage. It would have probs with non-undead light immunes that can't get broken, but it's been fun up to lvl 65 w/ these tactics.

4. prion

prion IncGamers Member

i would do 15/15 hb/prayer split rather than 10/20, reason is those few points in prayer aren't going to be a huge deal but holy bolt is handy for sniping undeads so more damage will help.

main problem with this build is that people are accustomed to healing themselves so holy bolt is not used for healing much in random pubs.

5. vidluft

vidluft IncGamers Member

btw foh synergy is holy shock and to get holy freeze aura in merc u'll have to buy a defensive merc in act2 nightmare

6. Tyce

Tyce IncGamers Member

so?... lol

7. mynamesucks

mynamesucks IncGamers Member

You could just build an abbot and rock an insight staff have 20 in prayer 20 in the other one and then pick and choose how you want it to go from there

8. Tyce

Tyce IncGamers Member

if bengeance works with bows heres my layout.

20 to Vengeance (Main attack)
    1 ea to Zeal and Sacrifice (prereq to Vengeance)
    20 to Holyshield (Prebuff for defense and blocking) Can i have this with a bow on?
    1 ea to Smite,(if not holy shield then 15->) Holybolt, 1 pt Charge and Blessed Hammer (prereq to Holy Shield)
    20 to Prayer (synergy to Cleansing)
    1 to Cleansing (Main Aura)
    1 to Meditation (sometimes Aura when Mana needed)
    1 to Defiance (Holy Shield synergy)
    20 to Resist Lightning or some other one mabey cold(Vengeance synergy)
    1 ea to Might and Blessed Aim (prereq to Concentration)
    1+ to Concentration ?
    ~92 skill points, done lvl 81

I'll get an act 2 Normal Combat Merc so his Prayer aura stacks with mine and give him a nice Insight and i'll never need more life or mana.

With Vengeance, nothing will be immune to me. Hopefully this build will work with a bow. If it does i'll use the one that gives the speed boosing aura. Thats a lot of speed/hp/mana/ and curse/posion time reduction!

9. prion

prion IncGamers Member

vengeance does not work with bows.
    neither will holy sheild

10. Tyce

Tyce IncGamers Member

Why doesn't vengeance work with bows?

Well i can still be a viable tank. Does Holy Shield stack with my already equiped shield? I guess i'll just use a 2-3 druid sceptor and maybe a dream shield. I don't know about equipment yet, but i like the build i have planned out.

11. Tyce

Tyce IncGamers Member

So with vengeance i will have damage, while being able to survive damage? correct? lol

12. Arnatkoak

Arnatkoak IncGamers Member

I went with a straight healer build and a might merc. I do 13k damage to undead and my healing is around 550-600 per shot. I'm only lvl 85 so I have some room to grow yet on top of it all. My merc can tank most demons and I just sit back and heal him, I have never run out of mana. Not the fastest killer out there but I am loved in party like no other.

Vengence adds damage based on melee hits only, not arrows so yeah a bow is out of the question. Otherwise looking at your layout I have to agree you would be to underpowered in the later stages, but you can always give it a shot and tweak as needed and even remake a few times to get what you want out of the build.

13. doink

doink IncGamers Member

I have a hammerdin that is a healer/rusher/mfer for PVM. Basically it has lvl 16 Mediation, lv 15 Redemption, and high lvl Concentrate. Its not weak and can kill effectively.

If ur going for insight, mind as well get pally phoenix shield. It will free up alot of skillpoints which can be put into other things to make the build more viable and stronger. It gets really boring if it cant kill anything.

It never dies which is very important since its at lvl 97. The skillpoints and stats are the same on typical hammerdin.

Hoto
    Shako with 15resist/9dex jewel
    Pally Phoenix "Sacred Ronche" with 45 resists (shield requires more dex than a hoz for max block)
    MP Engima
    Anarch Belt
    Mara Ammy
    War Travelers
    Chance Gloves
    BK ring or SOJ
    20 Dex raven ring

If you want more damage, just add more pcombs

The act 2 defense merc "cold aura" has insight and helm/armor is flexible. (can choose any merc. e.i, might or defiance aura)

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  14. Tyce

Tyce IncGamers Member

a defiance merc with inifinity or something for party members, and to help my vengeance... might be nice. + i hate hammerdins! I'll put a couple points into holy bolt and one in FoH cause its cool to see. Damage is damage :p... I'ma try this build