Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

<head whacks table> Uh oh...my Meteorb broken?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Mythren, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Mythren

Mythren IncGamers Member

<head whacks table> Uh oh...my Meteorb broken?

So Im cruising along, doing baal runs, making my levels really quick. Before I know it I have 10 points (lvls 40-50)...and I just did what I'd been doing up to that time and alternated between Cold Mastery and Frozen Orb, and to my horror I noticed that I had a whopping 14 base points into Cold Mastery.

GAH! I don't want a gimpy sorc...she's my MFer...someone please tell me (honestly, mind you) that this isn't a ton of damage....

Otherwise, it's time to cry - I HATE leveling sorcs...don't wanna do it again...

2. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

I made that SAME mistake with my Orb/CL sorc, which is why I had to completely restart w/meteorb. I ended up with max orb, max CM, 9 lightning, 10 CL.. it was a complete mess. What i guess you could do, is look at how many more points you were intending to gain (your current lvl to your goal lvl) and see what you can switch around? Maybe skimp on another skill and look for some +skill charmies? I figure as long as it's not too steep of a point reduction in the skill, it wouldn't do too much harm? :)

3. AgentPongo

AgentPongo IncGamers Member

You only wasted about 6 points, and most of your damage will come from +skills boosting meteors damage above lvl 20 anyway.

4. Mythren

Mythren IncGamers Member

So...she'll be alright? :)

5. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

She won't be uber-meteorb but she will do decent dmg. If we assume that you want to lvl her up to high 90's you will lose Firebolt synergies, that would mostly hurt your fireball but not your meteor ( +14% dmg to Fireball per point compared to +5% dmg per point to Meteor). If you dont intend to reach 90's you might see that you wont be able to even max out fireball. If I were you I would start another sorc but thats only because I want to be totally twinked and perfected built. Its a matter a taste after all ;)

6. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Well, your Orb will be stronger and your fire attacks weaker. She'll definitely be able to complete the game. The advantage of having one very strong and the other quite weak, though, is that the stong attack allows you to do palpable damage in big games. Your Meteorb will probably feel a little weak in big games, but her cold attack will be more useful than the cookie cutter Meteorb's in small groups and solo. If you decide to keep her, take the points from Fire Mastery. That way you still have two strong fire attacks, and it won't make your Meteors that much weaker having the points in Fire Ball instead of Fire Mastery, especially if you have a good number of +skills.