Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC Zerk Barb help to decide ?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Czyber, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Czyber

Czyber IncGamers Member

HC Zerk Barb help to decide ?

Hello guys

My Zerk barb is at level 55 in act 4 NM.

I've just found Bonesnap, and will run Countess for a Sol rune to upgrade the Bonesnap so it becomes a War Club bonesnap.

Ohh and I've found Rockstopper.

Now to the thing, I'm using gloves giving 20 % IAS but it is still kind off slow to use Bonesnap, got 2 jewels of fervor or what they're called - gives 15 IAS, and a Shael rune gives 20% IAS in wepons.

My question is some opinions on if I should socket the Rockstopper or maybe the maul, and put in a jewel(RS) or Shael (BS) ?

I think its best to socket the BS and put in Shael, because its 5% more, if I later in the game finds a ED jewel I can put it in anything that I might socket - maybe RS.

Comments/advice - good idear, bad etc?

2. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Re: HC Zerk Barb help to decide ?

The Shael will let you hit a 15 frame attack. The Jewel will only get you 16 frames. Thus, I recommend the Shael in the Bonesnap. If you use both the Shael (in the Maul) and Jewel (in the Helm), you will hit at 14 frames. No matter how you look at it, that's pretty slow. =P. If Bonesnap is all you have though, it'll do the trick.

3. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Save the Sol and run someone (Normal Meph without checking) for a Steeldriver, then up that.

4. Czyber

Czyber IncGamers Member

Its after NF's guide - so no points in dex - So the attack will be kind off slow no mather what.

Maxicek: Why ?

The Bonesnap I got is at 260 % ED(drops between 200-300)

Steeldriver drops between 150-250 % - so I will not only have to find a Stelldriver - But a Steeldriver about over 200 %.

Attack speed is the same - Steeldriver lacks the 40% chance of crushing blow. And besides that Bonesnap gives a 30 res to fire and cold - pretty useful on HC Hell because of the -res.

5. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

By the way, dexterity has no effect on attack speed.

EDIT: Steeldriver's a couple of frames faster to start (inherent 40 IAS). Bonesnap eventually catches up to Steeldriver in terms of speed, but that requires quite a bit of IAS (ie. You need 55 offweapon IAS for an upgraded Shael'd Bonesnap and an upgraded Shael'd Steeldriver to attack at the same speed).

6. Czyber

Czyber IncGamers Member

I know about the dex - it was reference to "i'm not able to use a lots of different wepons".