Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC WWS-Strafer, Dex or Vit?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by winmar, Apr 17, 2008.

1. winmar

winmar IncGamers Member

HC WWS-Strafer, Dex or Vit?

Im in the process of leveling a WWS-Strafer and from the start i thought that i should have str+dex to equip Upp'ed WWS and the rest in Vit. But now im having sexond thoughts. I have 215 points in Vit so far, together with charms and gear this gives me about 1200-1300 life at level 61.

I wan't to be able to run the Pits at /p3 with good killing speed, hopefully faster then my LS/DS/FB trapper. So perhaps i need more in Dex to improve my damage and AR?

Is 1200-1300 life enough in HC for a Strafer? I feel that it is, but i have no experience with strafers. I can imagine some situations where i will start firing strafe at the wrong moment and a few enemies will have the time to hit me before i can move. I need to be able to take a few hits without dying, Will the AR and damage boost from ~100 dex be worth the loss in life?

Also, right now im using Lionhearth and it frees up alot of statpoints! But i have planned on using Treachery when i find a Lem, but im not sure about that either. But without Treachery i will only have 85IAS, 1% from hitting the 9/2 BP :( (unless i find Cat's or Highlords, but that's unlikely). Will 9/3 be enough and still be able to run the Pits with speed? Without Lionhearth i will loose alot of stat points, 30% resists and 20% damage. With Treachery i can even reach the 8/2 BP.

2. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

Re: HC WWS-Strafer, Dex or Vit?

Please keep in mind 9/2 does not really exist. I don't know where to find the info, but it has been proven.

*calls someone who knows where to find it.

3. winmar

winmar IncGamers Member

That's good to know, thanks.

But it's more a question of 9/3 or 8/2 since Treachery will make me able to hit 8/2 easily.

40 WWS
    45 Treachery
    20 Gloves

= 105 = 8/2

Damnit. More i think about it im getting a feeling that i screwed up my strafer. And it's hard to rebuild since i Upp'ed my only WWS. I should have stopped at 150 Vit and dumped the rest in Dex for more damage and AR. That way i could easily have gone with Treachery. But now i loose alot STR+DEX if i give up on Lionhearth and since i have so many points in Vit already there will not be alot of points left to place in Dex. Wich will result in bad AR and low Dmg. And the reason i built this char is to run the Pits faster then my Trapper. But im not sure that will work when i "wasted" so many points in Vit.

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

There is no 8/2 strafe either; there is no 2 frame strafe due to a server / client bug. The client side will "see" a 2 frame strafe, but the server will only compute a "3" frame strafe. Best to be content with 9/3, my friend. I believe there is substantial documentation regarding this at the Amazon Basin.

- Noodle

Edit: See here: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=648176

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  5. winmar

winmar IncGamers Member

ah! That is great news. Then i can just stick to Lionhearth and dump the remaining ~125 points into Dex for a little more AR and Dmg. 1256 life must be enough on a ranged char, even without a chance to block. Thanks for the help.

6. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

If you get plenty of Life Leech and FHR (and, to a lesser extent, Mana Leech) you can get away with less than that. I suppose in Hardcore you wouldn't really want to, but since I put most of my Balance charms on her, the only way my current no-Vit WWStrafer dies is if I don't pay attention.