Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC Trapper Assassin Equip and Skill questions

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by rev129, Feb 4, 2004.

1. rev129

rev129 IncGamers Member

HC Trapper Assassin Equip and Skill questions

Ok, I said I was gonna quit, well, I'm back. So here I am lev73 HC Assassin, Mrs_Trapper. Here is my equipment build, take a look at tell me how u think I can improve it. Remeber, this is HC, so the 2 most important stats are RESIST and LIFE points. Remember, I'm a PURE Trapper. Currently have LS,DS all maxed and FB almost maxed and SM at lev 17. I'm getting +8 skills from equipment so I put 1 point in the remaining 2 Lightning synergy skills as well as WOI to boost my FB. Where might i start to put the remaing skill points as I level?

Helm= Shako

Ammy= Using a +1 Assassin Skill amy with some nice mods. (Mara's would be the best Ammy here I think, +2skills+5all and 20-30% Resist All)

Weapons= Using 2 Bartucs

Switch Weapon= Not using one currently. (A lower resist wand or a COH rune word would be best here but I don't have either)

Armor= Using Silks (might have a Chains Of Honor here soon from friend, if not what might be a good idea here?)

Belt= ThunderGods (maybe the unique +1skill belt a better choice?)

Ring1= Using a Raven Frost

Ring2= Using Manald Heal (might have an SOJ from a friend here soon, if not maybe a Drawf unique ring the best option here?)

Boots= Using Sigons (WaterWalk may be the best option here?)

Gloves= Using Frostburn (I don't think I need the +mana here anymore, Bloodfist will provide some +life and FHR but might there be a better glove avail?)

With said above equipment, my resist in Hell are something like this but not exackly (44/26/-60/-60) If I'm able to get the COH armor from a friend, the +65 Resist all will almost solve my problems, but I don't have it yet. Now I do have a lev 9 fade which will MAX the first 2 and put the last 2 in the positive but I hate moving so slow with FADE activated. What equuipment changes might I look to make that can boost me Resist and Life. Thx again for any input.

2. Malachi

Malachi Banned

If you cant get that CoH, consider a simple Vipermagi or a Smoke armor. I play a trapper and I prefer having (close to) max resists without fade simply for the fast and furious playing style provided by BoS.

I would try to gamble some nice +2 skills amulet though, or go for mara's. Sigon boots are not so good unless you have more of the set items going, plenty of replacers there (natalia's, sanders, IK, WW's and so on).

3. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Ditto. Infernostrides are also a nice boot, with the extra 10% fire resist.

Also, consider Nat's armor. +2 to shadow skills, and sockets you can fill with whatever you need.

Bartucs are OK, but you ought to be able to gamble something better for a trapper. +3 traps or +2 all, with some additional points in LS or DS... not easy to gamble, but certainly possible.

After you get your resists up as high as possible, work on MF... trappers make great MFers.

4. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

Firstly make a smoke armor (Nef + Lum). tasty 50 res all is awsome ;)

Secondly, excess points would be better spent in one of the early lightning skills. They (well one of them) increase the Fireblast damage as well as LS which Is most likely your primary trap. Unless you plan on getting to the low-mid 90's don't max WoI. Still its your call.

If you can't get a soj, then stay with the manald heal. It's mana regen is probably what is keeping your mana topped up (combine with shako/frosts). Magefists is another option you could go with for some extra mana regen.

Aim for nat's boots. Dual resistances and faster run/walk. The extra resistances and run would probably help you more than 50 life from waterwalks.

PTopaz, Eth or PSkull your shako. But not until after you swap around your gear for improvements. The Eth/PSkull should ONLY be used if you need the mana regen - otherwise mana pots cna be found/bought very easily.

Ammy/Ring. Try crafting a caster ring and hope for nice resistances and +skills. Who knows? you might get a really good craft and can trade it for something more suited for your trapper.

GL

5. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Do as you wish but I dont see the need for most of that stuff and that stuff is what is giving you some of your resist issues.

Smoke or Viper, or Durys (CNBF)

Bartucs are not helping as much as +3 traps claws could or ones wiht 3/3 Trap/LS (not esy to find.

i see Tgods, raven, Dwarf all not needed but those are up to you of course, but could easily be replaced with resist mana and more rings.

Frosties probalby not needed with BO but might be wothout unless the shako covers it, so some crafted or rare with IAS can boost trap speed.

Get faster boots, sigs are decent boots but Nats are 40 FRW with dual rez and makes a big difference while using Fade.

+traps ammy or +2 skills, crafted or gambled is just as handy as Maras and a hell of a lot cheaper.

A Trapper doesnt need godly gear. Fade and some shaels or IAS here and ther and some FRW boots maybe a charm or two, some mana and resists. Get some +trap skills and lay out the electricity!

Remaining points can go in shock web.

Just seems to me you listed a bunch of gear that could damn near equip a godly sorc being wasted on a trapper than doesnt need it, but its your gear do as you wish.

6. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Stinger hits it on the head: moreso than probably any build, a trapper can stay fairly far from the action, and therefore needs the least "l33t" gear. Go for resists and +skills, and if you feel you need it, IAS.

Personally, although it's slower to play without BoS, I greatly prefer Fade for trappers... it handles those resists nicely, gives you 1% per point physical damage resistance, reduces curse length. With Nat's boots or other 40% FRW boots, you won't miss the BoS. And by using Fade, you free up your gear choices for MF...

7. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

I have a trapsin as well... which I'm making use as a MFER as well hopefully.

She's currently, 73 or so

LS / DS / CB maxed
    Fade = 5 Hard pts
    1 pt in all preq

Gear:

Shako
    Skullders
    Tucs / Ward Shield
    Tgods
    Sanders
    Frosties
    Rare Ammy w/ Rez
    Ring 1 : Rare w/ mana w/ some rez
    Ring 2: Dwarf - found it on a run... so I might as well use it.

I'm prob gonna change the Ward (41 rez) into a 4-soc Pdia Monarch.

Still shopping for a better claw

8. Malachi

Malachi Banned

4 Sock Monarch is a mistake since it needs a truckload of Str. Something a trapper should not need in the first place. The ward must be one of the most underrated shields. A 50% The Ward with a perfect diamond is close to godly on resists.

EDIT: Bartucs are not as bad as some claim if you have a point in claw block. +2 skills may work better for you then +3 traps because of Shadow Master, Block, Fade. But Any +2 skill claw can give that with much lower str/dex needs then Bartucs. HC is about vitality. Anything spend too much on str and dex on a trapper is... wasted ! (in my opinion)