Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC Throwbaba

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Round 4, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Round 4

Round 4 IncGamers Member

HC Throwbaba

Has anyone tried this build and had success with it untwinked in HC? I'm considering making my sept barb a thrower, as conc bores the crap out of me and I got sick of WW back in 1.06. If anyone has a high level one in HC some skill advice would be appreciated.

2. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

I tried one in the beta version and it worked nicely until act 4 hell. My weapons had a hard time killing those venomlord. But my weapons wasn't that god back then. Max mastery, double swing and BO. Then you can distribute the rest yourself.
    About weapons there are some nice out there. You have Lancerator (uni Winged Axe), Gimmershred (Uni Flying Axe) nice elemental damage and above 200 in quantity. Don't know exactly about some good Javelins Demon's Arch (Uni Balrog Spear) also have nice elemental damage not that much quantity.
    Hope this helps along your way.

DX

3. Round 4

Round 4 IncGamers Member

Don't you mean Mastery, Double Throw, and BO? What good is double swing in a throw barb build except for the double throw synergy?

4. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

Double swing is a synergy for double throw - it adds damage. Putting points into double throw will only help attack rating. As for viability -- when I started 1.10, I played hardcore ladder on the realms and had quite a successful untwinked throwbarb. I noticed attack speed it important.

5. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Attack speed is king. So is pierce. I've been playing my throw barb (not HC though, sorry) and he loves his Twitchthroe and Razortail. Not that you're guaranteed to find these, but they are definitely some items to look out for.

In HC you might want to put points into warcries like Howl and Battle Cry. Even Grim Ward is worth a point; if you get good with it you can set one up away from you and howl at monsters as they come near you, and "ping-pong" them back and forth while you toss axes and javelins into them.

Be sure to remember that the Blood crafting recipe works on throwing axes. Orts and rubies will be some of your favorite things once you start going for those weapons with +life, life leech, and ED, along with all the other mods you can get on them. (Orts and sapphires, too, for the Hit Power gloves . . . knockback is another fantastic mod to have on any thrower.)

6. Kronos

Kronos IncGamers Member

Durf, have i told you lately that your new avatar is very disturbing? I blame you, of course...

Throwbarb idea sounds interesting. Might have to try that after my meleemancer :lol: (yes i do have my heart set on that one)