Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hc straffe pit question

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by miles, Jan 30, 2004.

1. miles

miles IncGamers Member

hc straffe pit question

I see peeps only puttin 50 points in vita for hell pits. Isnt that a bit low os are these primarily sc builds? I was looking at 200 base dex and 100 base str and rst in vita

2. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

They are SC builds. You will want atleast 700 life for HC, maybe even 900 min. It depends on your res and pdr. Your idea sounds good, and if you have some vita charms, you will be unstoppable.

3. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

I couldnt see a bow zon living very long in hc with 700 life and no sheild. With max block and dr i wouldnt run around there with only 700 life. 1k would be a minimum and is not very hard to get. Id aim more for around 1300 or more life if ur hc

4. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

A zon with max res and 20ish pdr could probably do anything in the game with 700 life. I had a zon that only had 900 life, and had res in the 20s, and 11% pdr back in 1.09, and she made it to 93 before sucummbing to a MSLE Conviction combo. It wouldnt have mattered if she had 3000 life, one bolt killed her, and there were more coming.

Luckily, MSLE is gone.

I currently have a zon with less than 1100 life, and over max resists, and she has, and can, run anywhere in the entire game without dying. If she can do act 4 and act 5, then the pit with significantly less life should be a breeze.

Passive are also key, make sure to have 50% atleast in the first 2.

A zon with 75-80 in all res, 50% passives, say a soe, and 700 life will do pit runs easily, and will not have death issues. Yes, more is better if the zon will do other things, but its not needed if you are rich enuf to equip a zon with res.

Jewelers of the whale with 15 ias / 3 2x single res and 1 x all res jewel is a very nice item to have. Poison resists really only needs to be 25ish in the pit as long as you leach.

5. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

Im not sure if u play hc or not..but the fact is with max resists/dr/block 700 life is still not enough to safely do pit runs. All it will take is u running into a pack of archers that amp u and before u know it a multishot boss has kicked your a#$.
    Sure u can prob do lots of runs before u die..and there is always that chance that something in the game will ko u no matter what life u have...but isnt it better to give urself a better chance?
    Also..I havnt heard of a hc person making a char with under 1k life.....if u are below that u are asking 4 it. Dude..my 25 kicksin has more then 700 life.
    My hcladder zon has 1400 life atm with max resists/60 %block atm and 25% dr and i have had my life drop to under halfway lots of times in the pit...if i had 700 life i would have been dead many times over