Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC Ranger

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Ilikestuff, May 29, 2008.

1. Ilikestuff

Ilikestuff Banned

HC Ranger

What an awesome build!

Heaps of fun to play, brilliant protection for solo or partying with res aura's, and a killing machine to boot.

Granted i'm only lvl 25 right now, but what a whole load of fun!!

I was also thinking of sticking a few points in Zeal incase a few monsters DO manage to get close enough.

Using Holy Fire/Holy Shock aura's for main skills, and am thinking of using a Holy Freeze merc.

any input on added damage output or survivability would be greatly appreciated.

So far i've had 3 hc chars all made it to nm, but not to hell. This guy is going all the way!

i hope

2. MrKaxe

MrKaxe IncGamers Site Pal

Re: HC Ranger

I have been meaning to make mine...I have a Widowmaker rotting away in his lvl 1 stash! My last one was Holy Fire with a Kuko that only died due to poor res in a lagspike; I was in the River of Flame and a boss Warrior-Mage pack was just offscreen, dammit!

My next one will be Holy Shock with Widowmaker as an end build but I will level using Holy Fire with Raven, Kuko etc...a great fun build...come to think of it, I want my Dragoon back as well!

3. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

If you can afford it, your best bet is widowmaker+griffons as a holy shock build.

This is one of my top favorite builds. Have fun with it.

4. prion

prion IncGamers Member

there are 4 bosses in particular that will get close enough, i highly recommend zeal for them. imo having max fire and lightning res on your sheild switch is a requirement for taking on diablo.

5. Ilikestuff

Ilikestuff Banned

Thanks for the replies. i was actually prepared to be flamed by comments such as "what a noob" etc etc ^^

i have no riches on HC whatsoever, so widowmaker is way out of the question. i was wondering though, with CtC items, does the dmg from the aura add to the casted spell? for example CtC lvl 5 chain lightning? would the "xx dmg added to your attack" from my Holy Shock aura, add to that of lvl 5 chain lightning? i'm imagining not, but you never know. . .

And yeah, i have just killed Diablo in normal, and the fire/lighting dmg he did was immense. NOT looking forward to Diablo in nm.

Anybody know if crushing blow, deadly strike etc work on bows? that might help somewhat. . .

6. MrKaxe

Unfortunately not, afaik...

Reduced effectivness but still works...it's documented somewhere on these forums dude...

7. Ilikestuff

Ilikestuff Banned

ah that sucks about CtC :/

i'll take a look at the deadly strike / crushing blow / critical strike thread if i can find it.

Just a little concerned that i may be having an easy time in norm, but if i get to hell, i may hit a brick wall :/

8. MrKaxe

Crowd control is the primary concern in Hell I feel...the Holy Freeze merc handles that well and if you arm him with a Reaper's Toll or a Tombreaver then you'll have no worries at all...

9. Ilikestuff

Ilikestuff Banned

yeah, as long as my merc can tank i should be ok. i tend to switch to a resist aura if i think he may get overwhelmed by a certain element. although against diablo that worked as good as a monkey soaked in baby oil trying to climb a glass pole!!

I've tried searching for the deadly strike/crushing blow/critical strike for bows thread, but cant find it.

can someone please post a link if you find it?

thanks

10. prion

prion IncGamers Member

CB works at half effectiveness for bows IIRC evrything else works the same.

11. MrKaxe

I spent ages looking for it and then got very caught up in work but prion has it right, I just wanted to make 100% by posting an interesting read!

12. Ilikestuff

Ilikestuff Banned

thanks for the help but ijust got tppk'd, so ima have to restart :/

check out my BOUNTY HUNTER thread if you wanna fight back

13. Ilikestuff

Ilikestuff Banned

well, after a heavy session this weekend remaking my ranger, i'm now lvl 50 and having muchos fun :)

a little concerned about how viable this build will be in hell, but we'll soon find out :)

hi to MrKaxe who i met, albeit very briefly, but seems a nice guy :p

14. MrKaxe

That Baalrun we were on kept getting fragmented by pk's so I was hopping about like mad or I would have suggested teaming up a bit more!

Will be on tonight if you want to work your way through NM as I got to 47 (equipment stage) with my Cheezmiter...i'll log into op gauss to see if your around after I have checked into the KTA channel to see if anyone shows up!

15. Ilikestuff

Ilikestuff Banned

yes i shall be in op gauss tonight. i'll be lvling in nm and also looking for random equipment, as i'm still using some pretty lame items. though this build isnt heavily reliant on items. so yeah, i'll hopefully see you in op gauss :)

stay safe

16. MrKaxe

Hey dude!

I will be going to my mate's gaff to play Necromunda tonight so I won't be on but next time I see you remind me to bust you a decent bow of some kind!

17. Ilikestuff

Ilikestuff Banned

haha ok np, i'm currently using wizendraw, only 30%ias. . . not bad but i need better.

i'm also not accepting any free items off anyone, so its more of a challenge to get through the game.

i got my eye on one of those xbows with -60 base weapon speed! until i get a widowmaker of course ^^

does anyone know if you can still make cruel bows in the cube?

18. MrKaxe

I think you can still roll bows for the Cruel mod, but I don't think it's chippyz that are used anymore...why o why I don't know!

19. Ilikestuff

Ilikestuff Banned

ah man, i have the perfect build for chippy running too! i'll take a nosey on Arreat Summit before i leave work :p

My day at work consists of browsing the forums looking to improve my Diablo chars. bliss! :)

20. MrKaxe

Heheheh! That used to be my day but I never have any time for the game now, well, I didn't before, but I made time...now I can't even seem to do that! :hanky: Oh, that and my workload lately is a killer...casual posting is all I have time for now!

If you're a late player, like me, I might cya about late tonight as I need to get that Smiter uber-ready again...it's been an age since I have done any Ubers...