HC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: HC question

There might be some program that allows it, but neither of the muling programs supported by this forum allow it.

However, if you want, you can simply play softcore and retire characters after their first death. You get to keep the items, but otherwise have the challenge of HC.

Evasive

Diabloii.Net Member

One of the reasons that I can't bear to play HC is because if you die you lose all the work you put in.

People say it's a good motivator not to die, but I find it difficult to see it that way.

sylecn

Diabloii.Net Member

If you play MP and enable loot, you can get equipped items back. All other ways of getting items back from a dead HC char are illegal AFAIK.

This is what the Arreat Summit says about this topic.
Saving your Items
It's possible to consent another player to loot your body. This player must be in the game with you when you consent them to loot your corpse, and they must be in the game when you die. Using the "buddy system" you can have the opportunity to save the items on your corpse just in case you die. Be warned however, to only consent players you trust as players may try to kill you to get your equipment if you consent to letting them loot your corpse.

Instruct the other player, before you die, to try to find your body and loot your corpse if you die. If it's a friend, or trustworthy player, they may even give your items back to you, if you create a new Hardcore Character.

Be warned, if you hit escape after dying before someone loots your body, your body will disappear (since you left the game), and those items will be forever lost. Also, you cannot allow people to access your Private Stash, even in death so any items in the Stash will be lost forever when your character dies. For safety you can move items you wish to save to other characters or leave them on the ground, just in case you die.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member

One of the reasons that I can't bear to play HC is because if you die you lose all the work you put in.
You do not lose the experience of having played that character.

I do not see D2 as work, I see it as an interesting journey for each character. Some of my fondest memories of this game are tied to characters that didn´t make it all the way.

DuesNox

Diabloii.Net Member

I do not see D2 as work, I see it as an interesting journey for each character. Some of my fondest memories of this game are tied to characters that didn´t make it all the way.
Definitely agree with that, also the reason why I play untwinked 100% of the time and rarely do MF runs.

Pär

Diabloii.Net Member

If you let yourself care too much about "Guardian" or level 85 areas and such, then it becomes work. The trick is to just keep having fun no matter what, and for the vast majority of gamers, that's not gonna be going the HC route, though plenty of people not cut out for that will still be attracted to the term "Hardcore".

I'm still trying to figure out a way to get a Strafazon to be successful and easy to play in late Hell using Skystrike. Nothing more fun to me than having Meteor procs.

zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZOOOOM BANG!

/end soundeffect

on topic: yes, but not very many people on here are gonna tell you how to do it, since 90+% of us who hang out here feel it's a bit rude, dishonest and self-cheating. You're not really hurting anyone else if you cheat in SP, but it just seems a bit silly to check a box that says "Hardcore" and then change your mind about it. I don't trade or MP, so I do what I want when I want and have fun, and it's kinda fun to open up old dead characters sometimes in GoMule just to reminisce about the gear and the fun you had.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

You can recover items on the body if you are in a LAN game and have the loot corpse option. This is acceptable for mp/trade purposes here.

It is also possible by use of the muling programs but you may not mp or trade here if you do so.

If you want to keep the equipment and mp/trade here, then yes play 'firmcore'; SC chars which on death can be stripped with the muling programs and then deleted.

Playing hardcore is a risk. That's part of the fun. There are consequences. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.