Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC player returning to the game

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by VeazeyJ, May 29, 2008.

1. VeazeyJ

VeazeyJ IncGamers Member

HC player returning to the game

Yet another returning player! I'm looking for people to play with but loathe the b.net servers nowadays. Playing HC exclusively. Are there many fellow HC players here in the SPF? I've got a handful of buddies interested in forming a play group, but a couple of them are leaning heavily toward softcore realm play. Being lag-free is great but I miss the teamwork in MP. Hence, the SPF seems to me the natural place to be.

Most experienced with:

Barbarian
    Paladin

... but I started a martial assassin recently and I really, really like her thus far. I also enjoy playing a summoner necro and I plan on making an ice sorc in the near future.

I like off-beat builds but I'm starting with the cookie-cutter basics for now.

Started playing merely two days ago. Have a sword barbarian (level 27) starting A3 as my primary so far, and a martial assassin (level 23) halfway through A2.

All replies appreciated.

Cheers,
    VeazeyJ

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Re: HC player returning to the game

Welcome to the forum.

Nice intro, it is always nice to know what builds people prefer.

Please use the MP Forum for arranging MP games; after reading the SPF Stickies especially the GAT and the MP Forum FAQ including the MP Guide.

Have fun.

3. sneakytails

sneakytails IncGamers Member

Welcome.

I also just made the switch to SP HC recently. My bro convinced me and honestly I had all the best gear in SC and the game lost its meaning like when I first started. Now I am really more strategy oriented then before and things like defense and life actually mean something not to mention rare and magical items. Gambling and shopping are much more fun and rewarding as well.

I have decided to not trade in HC like i did in SC. I will be working on a giveaway in the near future for my SC items.

Anyways I play with my Bro on LAN when Im not in SP. Its fun. We make a day out of it and do a little trading.

Do yourself a favor and brush up on your strategy and information. Having a better plan for your characters and knowing more about the game itself is very beneficial and adds to the immersion to the game.

I also play assassins and I have a Martial arts TS/DT in act 5 of normal. Also working on 5 spearazons. (Obsessed with them for some reason).

I would play some HC multi player but my net connection is too slow so I am forced to SP and LAN only. Grouping up with others will certainly add to your enjoyment of the game. Good luck and enjoy the game again!

PS- When you make champion you will really feel like you accomplished something and beating the game esp with an offbeat build will really be something.

4. VeazeyJ

VeazeyJ IncGamers Member

Indeed. I had a few level 80+ HC realm characters back in my b.net days. I really enjoy starting over. Every chipped gem means something at this point!

Fun stuff.

5. sneakytails

sneakytails IncGamers Member

Your right about small things being more important. Things like gems and gold. Runes are like winning the lotto! I pick up everything of use!

Im running some upped rare armor (with two sockets!)and a magical spear on my first spearie.

Horadric cube recipies are a lifesaver in HC. Mercs too. Im running a defiance merc with damage reduction gear. Level 45.

I am sure I will be crafting a fair amount as well.

right now Im doing gold runs with my assassin and xp baal runs with my spearie.

have fun.

6. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Hey Veazey, welcome to the SPF. I recently made my first Guardian, a Fishymancer. Sadly he died about 2 weeks ago. My latest HC chars are a Trapper in Act3 Hell and a Blizzballer in Act3 NM. If you manage to sort your hosting, I'd be glad to join in some MP games with you.
    *kix shins*
    Take it easy.

7. Gambitsreturn

Gambitsreturn IncGamers Member

Hello and welcome! It is always cool so see new hc players in sp. Are you going to use RRM/RWM or stay vanilla? Good luck and don't get discouraged if you lose a char, it happens to the best of us!

8. VeazeyJ

VeazeyJ IncGamers Member

Update:

Koth (my sword ww barb) is up to level 41, Act V, Crystalline Passage.

He's got a little over 160 mf at the moment thanks to two nagel ring drops (17% and 18% unfortunately), milabrega's shield, tarnhelm (35%) on merc, and some junk rares/magics.

Notable finds include...

7% manald ring (probably the most expensive item I own right now :cool:)
    nokozan relic (85% fire resist really helped out with diablo)
    Shadowfang two-handed sword (current weapon - previously Steel runeword Giant Sword. the dual leech on Shadowfang is great; damage could be better but I'm going two-handed so I'm getting by)
    Death's belt/gloves

RWM/RRM installed

Going quite smooth right now. No close calls yet. Used a Defiance merc through Acts II-IV. Upgraded to a barbarian merc to make use of a rare great sword I found. I'll probably get myself a Might merc once I hit NM.

I'll need to be upgrading my weapon relatively soon, though. I'll probably beat on mephisto for a while until he drops something decent.

Hoping to find a couple cathan rings soon, and maybe a patriarch sword or somesuch. :badteeth:

Cheers,
    VeazeyJ

P.S. I accept donations. :badteeth:

9. Cius

Cius IncGamers Member

I'd offer the items but all mine are SC! Cathans ring drops all the time running NM Andy and the Patriarch is one of Hell Mephisto's more common drops (maybe NM meph as well, to lazy to check the calc). Might I recommend building a HC blizzard sorc at some stage soon to run NM and Hell mephisto to get you some basic items?

And I think Deaths belt is more rare than manaheald, but I could be wrong.

10. VeazeyJ

VeazeyJ IncGamers Member

Yes, I plan on getting around to doing that. She's a whopping level 9 at the moment. :laugh:

I'll probably see if I can't get through Andariel in NM, then start building up my other characters.

11. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

I play HC mostly (except builds I know will have to die) but I'm too afraid of MP'ing. I did it once and I was used to just running as fast as I could (because we killed everything instantly), when I ran into conviction gloams. We all died :cry:. Learn from us!

Good luck with your MP'ing though, I might be willing to join with a nice safe build if you decide to host sometime. :thumbsup:

12. VeazeyJ

VeazeyJ IncGamers Member

Sure, I'm not sure if I have my hosting problems sorted out yet but I'm up for a game. All my characters are still in normal, though.

EDIT: I've got plenty of time - it's morning here and I don't have a job at the moment ^^

13. RssDiablo

RssDiablo IncGamers Member

Hello,
    I too play sp hc. I've never MPed but I'm really interested in trying as Ive played a lot of bnet as well and miss the interaction. I could try to host. PM me if you're interested.
    rss