Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC play sucks without the right people

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by BreakThruX, Mar 6, 2004.

1. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

HC play sucks without the right people

I recently lost all of my friends that play hcl (on my f list not in real life). And the games no fun without them. Nobody to say to: OMFG I CANT BELIEVE I FOUND a (put item name here) and then ask how much it's worth or ask for a rush or help. When people are your friends they willl help you, but if it was the same person that didnt know you they'd tell you to **** off. :( Well now i have nobody to ask what a mal is worth or ask for suggestions. Now i'm not trying to sound like some weirdo but im just saying you don't know what you have until its gone. It truly is no fun without friends cause the rest are all ignorant newbs or pre-pubesent jackasses. Well just wanted to share that. Later guys :hanky: .

2. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

That would be the bummer about this game. I have maybe three people on my friend's list. All RL friends, and only one who plays HC with me. Playing D2 alone is no fun, indeed. It sucks when people you are accustomed to playing with quit. Bummer to hear it man.

I'm always looking to meet new people tho, so feel free to hit me up in game sometime, either on *vtc-sober or *panders. And eh, this just means an opportunity for you to meet new people and make some new friends in D2. =)

3. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Break,

I know exactly how you feel, when I started HC, I was still in my old starcraft clan, and whoever played D2 were strictly sc... they were to scared to die and loose their goodies.

So even though I had a full FL, but none on HC... so I had a similar situation, just a little bit skewed tho.

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Yeah, I dread that time. I have all those nice kta ppl on my f list..and half of them are about to leave in a month or two due to RL restraint.

On the bright side..as long as these forums exist and there are nice ppl posting, I hope to always find new adventurers to quest with. Europe HCL that is....

5. BreakThruX

They didn't even quit..today one of my good friends told me to stfu, take him off his f list and never whisper him again. So im friendless..heh ima geek. :( Im east HCL and my account is *KiD-IDontPk if you need something though.

6. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

Maybe that telling him when you find stuff is the problem.

I have played with a real life friend for a while. He stopped, but his little brother kept playing with his account.
    Since then, the little brother always asumed i was his friend, he kept telling me what he found every run. So i made a new account, he probably thinks i dont play anymore.

7. BreakThruX

LoL..i find items very rarely and i tell him something if i didnt know what it was worth or to see if he needed it or not.

8. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

I love bragging to my friends when i find something great. I like them bragging to me when they find something great. I hope I do not bug them with this trait.

This game is all about friends and relationships. I have had 0 on my friends list and many now. Much prefer having lots on the list. This last week i moved 2 characters to act 5 hell from act one and I could not of done it w/o the friends on my list. They also moved several characters and hell forge was lots of fun. It would not of been as fun by myself, because it was just as exciting seeing my friends find good runes as getting them.

9. det

det IncGamers Member

Not exactly what I call "good" or "friend" :lol:

10. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Europe - KTA

Det,

You can always try the gat guys & girls?

or give me a shout *ansettman or *unoob

:)

Kev

11. tva

tva IncGamers Member

My friends are moving to other games too, and RL needs more time day after day. But if you need help on euhcl, my acc is *Cracked-tva . Too bad I find it harder and harder to get time to play diablo b/c rl & stuff :/

-tva

12. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I just sent you a Private Message over the weekend asking you to please not use profanity on the boards when posting here. Perhaps you're not reading your PM's, so I'll ask you again in this thread.

13. det

det IncGamers Member

Thanks man, and I hope you'll join KTA next season :)

14. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

my goodness, i know COMPLETELY what you mean. i recently (maby 3 weeks ago now) started hccl on east, and i have all of one friend who i met from the forums here. and guess what?

hes already flown wayy past me in the lvl department lol i blame it on my starting 5 char's and playing them all about as much total as he plays his one :D

but yeah, op wam- just doesnt afford me as many nice people as gat does, but i guess its just a matter of time since even if your brand spanking new to gat you must build peoples trust before you can make them your friend *sighs* ^_^

15. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Well, Break, I know what you mean.

I only have a couple people left on the /f list, and I think they are mostly people I trade with, while 2 barely show up anymore.

Do what I did. I do one of two things anymore - Magic Find or PK. PvP (dueling) is kinda screwed up now, but PK is so much more fun. Kinda makes you feel better to see a mule full of ears, knowing that you caused some poor souls to have to rebuild, or possibly quit the game entirely. Game's dead, without a reset this game gets old fast. Blizzard's fault, entirely.

16. BreakThruX

Sorry about the swearing it wont happen again. Conner i joined this clan sort of, they just pk for fun with charge pallys i just looked into it last night. It sounds fun, meet some nice guys and you have some people to turn to if you need something.