Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC - No Mods - Self-Find

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Llanowar, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Llanowar

Llanowar Diabloii.Net Member

Just joined this forum and since ladder is so "MEH" at this point I have decided to go for a large scale challenge.

No Mule Mods and Self-Find items. Time to see how far I can go without losing my mind from lack of storage space and Dual-Resist Uniques.

Going to create a Trap-Sin and get to work. God help my sanity.

Plan is for Act II (NM) Holy Freeze Merc when I get there.
    Starting at 19:00 CST on Nov. 1st, 2017.

Updates periodically and also when interesting drops occur.

*Good grief should have gone Necro*

Corpsefire drop in Den "Triumphant Wand" +3 Skele, +1 Skele Mastery, +1 mana per kill.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    T72on1 likes this.
  2. Nibiru-

Nibiru- Diabloii.Net Member

Good luck. Only having your limited stash will make crafting near impossible.

3. Llanowar

You were right. The lack of space is a bleeding nightmare.

Ughh.

4. Locohead

Locohead Diabloii.Net Member

I don't see why you'd outlaw mule programs. Those are one of the best reasons to play SP. Maybe keep self-found but just allow muling progs?

5. Llanowar

I wanted it to be Old-School as I remember playing it in Jr. High and High School, but I had forgotten just how frustrating it was to have no space. Why would they not add buy-able stash tabs at like ~1 Million gold per tab. It shouldn't involve much excess work to make the game much more user friendly (Especially BNet since everyone uses mules to simulate extra tabs anyhow based on what I have seen over the last week+)

*shrug* Maybe I'll just take a stab at HC Ladder when it resets in a couple weeks.

6. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz Diabloii.Net Member

Or better yet, they could have introduced stackable gems/runes, as well as a "gem bag". The gem bag would then hold an infinite about of stacked gems/runes for all crafting needs. There wouldn't be any issues with save file increases either!

7. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

yeah like they did with D3

8. JoeBruce

JoeBruce Diabloii.Net Member

Don't let Bnet pull you back in! What you proposed is very challenging, but doable. I Guardian'd an Amazon a few years back with no muling programs or other mods. I got a Leaper Barb into A3 NM (where he is still parked) doing the same. A trap-sin would be a good build for this. Choosing what to keep is part of the fun and challenge. The ground becomes a decent temporary extended stash.

Of course, you could also start some other chars that take advantage of ATMA/Go Mule. Once you start down the SP road you will likely realize it is superior to Bnet (my opinion, but there are probably a few other folks around here who would agree ;))

9. zoo

zoo Diabloii.Net Member

Not sure what your goals are. I decided to start playing without transfering items between characters and with no extended stash. Playing this way means that keeping items other than the best ones for my character is useless. Thus, solving the problem with limited storage space. :)

Then again, I don't play enough that I see myself developing the urge to try a lot of fringe builds with special needs when it comes to gear. Rune drops aren't very far between (at least in 1.14 that I play) so as long as you hold on to the less common ones and keep track of the ones you need regularly for crafting and whatnot, you should be fine in that department as well.