Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC Ladder at shadofax.gen.nz/diabloii

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PapaBearNZ, Oct 9, 2006.

1. PapaBearNZ

PapaBearNZ IncGamers Member

HC Ladder at shadofax.gen.nz/diabloii

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've been a regular poster in here. I wonder how many people remeber me.

Anyway, the domain that is currently hosting the old HC ladder is due to expire at the end of January. I am getting too much spam and rubbish on that domain so I have changed to a new domain.

I've also been unable to maintain the ladder due to various work and other commitments.

This post is to find out if anyone wants to pick up the slack with a domain and/or webspace to move the ladder to? All that is required is a MySQL database and PHP on the webhost.

If no one wants to pick it up before it expires I will archive the database and the code to a cd so that it can be transferred to someone at a later date.

Pretty much all the site needs is some administration pages written (much of the admin - ie adding new users or characters) - I did manually through phpmyadmin) and some polishing.

Cheers
    PapaBear

2. PapaBearNZ

*bump* Just to make sure this is seen and not accidentally ignored.

PB

3. Pucho

Pucho Banned

good to see you again! I think you'll be better PM'ing that addy to Hrus/Cat so they can stick it with the ladder thread.

I see the site is missing my first and only guardian there, maybe because I've retired him?

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

The thing is that HC Ladder is not so popular among SPF members as it used to be. I can make a note in Tournament list sticky thread.

5. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. The last couple of weeks have been busy in real life (and that's beyond my insane load at school.)

I have a (horribly neglected) domain set up for the 1.11 ladder, and I think it would make sense to move the 1.10 ladder there.

I will likely need some help with the mySQL and PHP, but the domain is set up for them. I don't even want to try to get into it until the semester is over, so would you be willing to help me with the transfer in early January?

6. PapaBearNZ

No worries. I can send a zip of the actual codebase and a .sql file of the database. The it's a simple matter of running the .sql script in MySQL (phpmyadmin or directly off the server) and then uploading the php code.

I can also answer any questions about the structure of the database and explain anything that's unclear in the code. I've tried to make it as simple as possible with meaningful variable names and it's peppered with comments.

Email me for details. papabearnz at gmail dot com.

NWN seems to take my gaming time lately (what little of it there is - durn real life taking up too much of my gaming time! hehehe)

PB