Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC druid build

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Scyron, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Scyron

Scyron IncGamers Member

HC druid build

Any ideas on a strong hc druid bulid?
    I've been away from the game for over a year, so don't remember many druid builds. Think I recall a wind bulid that was nasty in pvp (used to have a lvl 91 trapsin and dueled alot), so I figured it might survive pretty well in hell.

Any ideas or advice?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Most types of druids are very survivable...Oak Sage and 1 point in Grizzly makes for very safe play. Wolves+bears have huge life and in the bear's case huge defence too. A bear also has Shockwave which is a killer crowd control skills. Wind Druids can deal massive damage (enemies can't hurt you when you are dead) and have Cyclone Armor for added protection against nasty elemental attackers.

The safest build is probably a Werebear, but both Wolf and Wind Druid are very capable too.

3. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Would personally prefer Wind Druid as I consider them a bit safer...

Melee builds tend to have a slightly harder time overall (not just druids).

Either should do fine though.

4. RayKslayer

RayKslayer Banned

See my recent post because I mention my build. It is very good and am very happy with it.
    And still room to get better even at lvl 94.

Coyote

5. Scyron

Scyron IncGamers Member

I decided to go for wind druid. Not a very sexy char, but at least it has the oak sage going. I hope I'll find the offensive skills fun enough to stick with it.

6. Scyron

Scyron IncGamers Member

And there ya go, killed at lvl 21 in the cow level by the high level sorc who was running it.

I was killed the instant after he marked me hostile, how is that possible?? You have to be in town to mark it, don't you?

7. quikslik

quikslik IncGamers Member

sorry to hear about it mate, that happened to my windy also, around the same level. haven't had the heart to take him past level 3 and then den in his rebuild ;):( i don't pub cow anymore at all... script-using cheap pk tactics have killed at least a couple of my young characters, so I stick with what/who I know... good luck, don't lose hope!

quikslik

8. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

TPPK - it's a hack.

They cast Blizzard/Bone Spirits/Tornadoes/Ice Blast etc etc etc, hit the TP, enter town and hostile in a split second.

Friendly folks helping out others in HC are unfortunately more rare than TPPKers having fun with ruining other people's work without having the ability to do so through 'real' PKing.

Avoid High Levels that shouldn't be there
    Avoid Parties when you don't know people
    Avoid Public Baal runs
    Avoid certain characters (most of the classes can do it with I think the only real exceptions being Assassin and Barbarian. Not sure on Hammerdins.)

Head over to the Hardcore forum and do a search there. It's come up quite a number of times.

9. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Just rebuild.. losing a lvl 21 is nothing (unless u muled your high lvl gear on him which would not be very smart but i hope u didnt). Untwinked, probably wind druid or a fireclaws bear would work best, since they rely not so much on gear but on skills to deliver damage. The fireclaws bear could also double up as a fire elemental druid since u gonna be maxing some fire skills anyway for the synergy.

10. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

To my knowledge, the best viable hardcore druid build is still the tank bear. go max life and str for gear. skills / merc are all based on defencive bonuses. you'll get token bonuses to attack and damage, but it's very very viable.

you're biggest danger is trying to walk a lvl 18 tank bear into the council and trying to kill them all at once. they can easily tank everything in the game till you hit the council. i think mine did act 2 at lvl 12 or 15 or so.