Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC budget Frenzybarb in Hell v3.0

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Pär, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Pär

Pär Diabloii.Net Member

HC budget Frenzybarb in Hell v3.0

Ummm, okay, so some bad stuff happened.

[​IMG]

The idea now is to take what I learned from a bunch of nice peoples in the previous Q&A Frenzybarb weapon thread http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780826 and get a little better set up for success since I still have a fair amount of runes but lost a ton of gear in the last few weeks (lost 4 lvl 80ish HC characters).

Sword - eOath in ideally Balrog Blade, if not then Highland or Cryptic Sword, and a Lawbringer in a Phase Blade - but fairly heavy Dexterity investment

Axes - eOath in Small Crescent and what? - with fairly low Dex investment

Maces - eOath in Scourge or Legendary Mallet? - low to zero Dex investment +50% damage to Undead (current choice with the reasoning that mobs I can't leech off of is a major problem anyway)

Or is my investing in a weapon mastery misguided?

2. nubikoen

nubikoen Diabloii.Net Member

Re: HC budget Frenzybarb in Hell v3.0

Way off topic I know but bear with me.

Name your next toon Smiley or something. I got depressed even before I noticed the characters were all dead ;)

Back on track.
    I like the Maces. If you got the runes and socketables for a couple of Oaths, a Legendary Mallet and Scourge is the way to go. One fast and one very hard hitting is a proven working combo.

Good luck.

3. Greebo

Greebo Diabloii.Net Member

Well, Angelica is a somewhat happy name... In comparison at least. Sorry about the deeds. You can do it!

--Greebo

4. Obdob

Obdob Diabloii.Net Member

You can still use Lawbringer in a scepter (which falls under mace mastery), so that's an option too. Lawbringer will enable you to leech the undead. You can make a Death axe in an ettin or berserker axe; it offers tons of great melee mods, and if you eventually make Beast in an axe you'll be laying down the hurt (Death/Beast is one of the most powerful setups for a barb).
    Weapon mastery is very helpful. Good Luck!

5. Pär

Pär Diabloii.Net Member

Cheers for the ideas.

After a slight hiccup with another dead Barb ...in Normal, [Notitle] HC Frenzybarb Valjean is currently double-swinging his way through Act 1.

Looked into some mace/hammer runewords and found:

"Lawbringer" 3s Hammer, Scepter, Sword (Amn Lem Ko)
    "Oath" 4s ethereal Axe, Mace, Sword (Shael Pul Mal Lum)
    "Voice of Reason" 4s Mace, Sword (Lem Ko El Eld)

...all of which are achievable with my current runes, just need the bases. I guess "Lawbringer" in a Legendary Mallet would be a bit slow, though - which would be the price to pay for not investing in Dexterity (therefore more life and more survivability) and going with Maces.

Meh.

6. Obdob

Obdob Diabloii.Net Member

Just put Lawbringer in the off-hand and the speed won't matter. If your main hand (above the gloves/ equipped first) is Oath or another fast weapon, you're all good. Also, I've found Voice of Reason to be not so great for frenziers, better on conviction pallies.

7. Pijus

Pijus Diabloii.Net Member

I had great succes with Death/Lawbringer Colossus/Legend swords on my recent Frenzy barb.

Lawbringer doesn't let you leech from the undead. It let's you leech from physical immune undead who aren't also immune to leeching.

8. ChrisTheMean

ChrisTheMean Diabloii.Net Member

I have a HC frenzy barb currently clvl92 who has been my council runner since the tender age of 74. He used a lot of different weapon combos back when I was dirt poor, but Oath in main hand (champion, highland, balrog) and lawbringer phase blade works great until you can replace the Oath with a Grief. Don't use VoR with a frenzy barb, the casting delay ruins it. I have even tried Djinn slayer, Lightsabre, upped Coldsteel Eye and Sazabi's in the main hand and they can work until Oath.