Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC barb build

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by BSJoker, Feb 8, 2004.

1. BSJoker

BSJoker IncGamers Member

HC barb build

:idea:Hey dudes, im thinkin of making a barb that uses a scythe.

Question on the skills though, the obvious bo and polearm master but what combat skill should use...concintrate, ww, zerk, or maybe a leaper, which would funny in some cases.:lol:

Personally i dont like the double swinger or frenzy that much no offense to any one who likes em.

Any help would be greatly welcome.

2. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

I would go with concentrate if I were you. Though if you wanna be crazy you could go for a Zerker as well, insane damage.
    An advice is to put some points into howl can be your lifesaver if you get surrounded and it can seperate the minion from the bosses dont work on lister and his guys though.

My suggestion is:
    20 Mastery
    20 BO
    20 Shout

The rest you can balance up between Conc, Howl and whatever you think you need. Dont forget one in Berserk to handle PI:S.
    Hope it helps.

DX

3. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Thanks for calling me crazy. :p

Anyway, I've written a small HC Barb guide that can be seen here: http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=126634

I didn't use a scythe but I don't see any reason what the build wouldn't work with one of those, too.

4. zappa_san

zappa_san IncGamers Member

I had a Scythebarb in 1.09, whom I made after finding a Stormspire in the MFlympics (those were the days...). Surely enough, I made him a concentrate ironbarb - he is still viable in hell 1.10, if a little slow. Sadly enough, a Stormspire's effectiveness doesn't now really live up to its insane rarity (in 1.09 Stormspires were miraculous finds).
    The skills were assigned something like:
    Max Concentrate, Shout, Iron Skin, BO, a few points into pre-reqs boosted by +skill items, I have also put some extra points into polearm mastery.

As far as items are concerned, I upgraded an Arreat's and a Guardian Angel - his defence goes up into the 30K when attacking with concentrate.
    With maxed (90) resists and huge defence, little touches him. A shield such as Stormshield would make such a barb untouchable by pretty much anything, but using a 2H weapon adds at least a bit of risk - e.g. cursed extra fast fanaticised death lord will damage you like it or not ;).

I think the Berserk way may work but with no shield and 0 defence you will probably encounter a few hair-raising situations (thinknig again of those cursed extra fast fanaticised minotaurs). Definitely a brave build.

5. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Yeah I thought you would like that :lol:

6. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Not nearly as many as you'd think. Between howl and war cry there is little that causes me or my barb any concerns. Fanatic and/or might aura enchanted, extra strong, extra fast archer packs are probably the only thing besides FE bugged enemies that give me pause. FE archers are great, too. :teeth:

You can't just wade into battle blindly, that much is true about berserk. Well, actually you can, but only once...

Like it? I love it... :lol: Vega used to call me [email protected] fish all the time.