Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC Baalrunning Javazon help needed

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Milb, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

HC Baalrunning Javazon help needed

I'm thinking about making a new Javazon for Baalrunning, preferably at higher player settings, and I need some gear suggestions and also some tactical help.

Skills are pretty obvious I think, 20 LF, 20 CS enough in Valk for lvl 17 after skills, 1 in rest of Passives and rest in Lightning synergies.

Gear:

Helm: Griffon's Eye or Shako? Each has their own benefits, which would be better for Baalrunning?

Armor: Almost certainly Chains of Honor in Dusk Shroud.

Amulet: Is Mara's the only reasonable choice? I was thinking about trying to craft a 3LL 10 FRW 2 Zon Skills +res amulet, running low on Amn's though...

Weapon 1: Titans, do they needed to be upped and eth for effective running or can I just use a plain/upped non-eth set?

Weapon 2: Not sure here, would be a CtA if I had the runes but I don't. I've read a few of jjsud's posts and I think he used to use Demon's Arch for Gloams, is this the best option or would Thunderstroke be better for CSing Baal?

Shield: Stormshield or Spirit, only two options in my eyes, basically do I need to go max block or not? I'll most likely have the same shield on both switches.

Rings: One will be a Ravenfrost, no question there. Other, SoJ, or should I try and gamble a good Mana Leech ring?

Belt: Tgods

Boots: War Travs for mf and damage, or should I try and gamble some 30 FRW + good res boots.

Gloves: Lancer's of Alacrity, shopping for these at the moment.

Charms: I have no Harpoonists at the moment, how many do I need to make the build effective at higher settings? Will use gaps to fill cold and fire res gaps if I have them and I will stack light res incase I come across Gloams with Conviction.

Merc:
    Kelpie Snare, Guardian Angel and Kiras seems to be the standard setup, I've noticed people 'Um' the Armor and Helm - is this really necessary as a high level merc with Kiras will have very high res already.

Tactics: I've noticed from a few screenshots people stand on the stairs where Baal is to form a bottleneck. Is this only for casters as I imagine standing there will cause Baal to Decrepify me hence slowing my throwing.

I've also noticed jjscud's Spearmaiden has a fair bit of IAS on her, I never though that would be necessary, how useful is it?

Hmmm, seem to have asked quite a few questions, thanks in advance for any answers :smiley:

Cheers,
    Milb

2. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Level 17 Valk is hardly necessary.

Helm: Griffon's Eye for killing speed, Harle for MF
    Amulet: Mara's is the way to go unless you don't need the resistances which you almost always do (Lower Res + Gloams anyone?)

Weapon 2: I've been in a huge dilemma here as well, Ethereal Demon's Arch for LI jabbing? Thunderstroke for Baal? CtA for health? Wand of Lower Resistances for Baal/Gloams?

Shield: I wouldn't personally go with Spirit due to the lack of block. Stormshield seems to be a reasonable choice since you're playing HC.

Rings: SoJ is fine.

Belt: I'm a fan of Razortail with TGods in inventory versus gloams, that may cause too much hazzle swapping around though.

Boots: WT's for MF, Aldur's for FRW, Res, Dmg2mana, Rare boots for addiotional res

Gloves: If you can get your hands of a good pair with +2, 20 IAS and preferably ML and/or resistances I believe those are better. 1 or 2 skills off doesn't matter much, as long as you reach the CS bolt 'breakpoints' at 30, 35 or 40.

Charms: The more you get, the more efficient your character will be, but again, reaching the a CS 'breakpoint' is sort of "vital."

Merc: Um's might be an overkill, you could always go for Orts as a cheaper option.

Tactics: This is for hammerdins only, to avoid being decrepified I suggest you throw your decoy at the stairs, just close enough to tank the minions while also taking all curses from Baal.

3. grogs

grogs IncGamers Member

Let me premise this by saying I know little about javazons, mine is only 91 and hasn't run Baal alot....

Tough choice, but being HC I'd suggest Harley would be the safer option.

can't do better:smiley:

A great craft would be excellent, though from experience they are tough to get.

Eth titans are a pain in the butt, up a normal one (at least you can repair it)

I'd suggest getting the runes for CtA, especially in HC, the chance for death via dolls and/ or conviction gloams would be too high.

Stomshield

You'll need mana leech.

travs, you won't have much mf, and there is nothing more boring than running Baal and getting absolutley nothing (as opposed to nothing most of the time:grin: )

You will definately come across conviction gloams, Bartuc will also be dangerous when he spawns CILI and convicted

You'll be better off with reapers IMO

it's only necessary for listers pack, there is nothing worse than waiting out in the open when listers pack spawns Extra fast, extra strong with a fanatasism aura - best to stand there to avoid surprises :) - teleport in one form or another is important here to be able to reposition your merc.

My 2 cents..... jjscud or silospen will have better answers:wink3:

4. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

At higher players setting, consider a pure lightning Javazon. You can either max all 5 lightning skills, or drop one for a maxed Valkyrie.

All my further comments will be based on /p8.

Exactly.

Gear:

Griffon's. With 4 lightning skills maxed, you'll already be doing very significant damage at /p8, but adding the Griffon's will make the runs even faster. This is with the assumption that you have a source of mana leech.

Certainly.

That crafted ammy you listed would be great, although I'd swap the LL for ML. At least with Mara's, you know what you are going to get.

Upping and eth are luxuries. You can get away with non-eth and not upped. In fact, keeping it non-upped will save you 20 stat points in strength.

I would use Demon's Arch and Tiamat's socketed with a pDiamond for Souls, and critically so if you are a pure light zon. TStroke is excellent for Baal, if you can be bothered to keep it in inventory and switch every time (or if you forego the Demon's Arch, keep the setting at /p1, and allow the merc and Jab from Titan's to deal with them).

I'd go with SS. Maxed light zons already do ridiculously scary damage. Spirit is nice, but CoH gives you great resists, and the +2 skills from Spirit wouldn't make all that much of a difference considering your already powerful lightning skills. Max block with SS is also helpful when you are CS Lister and Baal.

I personally would fit in some form of ML. I found it too annoying to keep relying on mana pots. And it was excessive reliance when I had no ML.

Yes. Razortail's pierce is not essential when WSK'ing or Baal'ing.

I like to fit in some MF in all my chars if at all possible, so I'd go with WT.

Or a nice rare with ML is good too.

At /p8, the more the better. As for Souls, Tgod's and 85% LR solves that problem. You may have trouble killing them at /p8, but they'll never kill you.

From my own tests awhile back, a merc with 90 LR but no lightning absorb will still take damage from Souls, albeit very slowly. At /p8, it can occasionally be risky to the merc. You can however, make the merc immune to Souls with 90% LR and Blackhorn's Face for the +20 lightning absorb, even at /p8. To answer your question, it is not necessary, but if you are relying on your merc to kill Souls, it makes his job much easier if he has 90% LR (and +20 light absorb). And use Reaper's.

Some people do it, and it is not only for casters. It depends on your personal playstyle. The trick I use is to cast Decoy right next to Baal. The nub will then always decrepify the Decoy, while I allow my merc and Valk to tank the minions, and I stand back and throw LFs. :grin: For Lister, I re-cast the Decoy in the middle of where they spawn and then stand back, throw LFs, and let the tanks get at it.

Not essential, but a little bit works nicely. 20% IAS from the gloves makes it much more fun when you can hurl those javelins faster.

5. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Well have done some baalruns with my javazon ,and I have never used Valk in any of those baalruns, use your decoy instead a much better option. Place the Decoy on the stairs to avoid decrep from baal. I dont have any manaleech on my javazon my merc use insight weapon which is usually enough but sometimes I have to drink a pot or two

DX

6. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

Most of your (milb) basic options are good and the others have great suggestions.

In general there are a few things your will need.

1. Resists, with CoH your off to a great start, add mara's and Ort a stormshield you will olny be lacking fire resists. I wouldn't worry about poison resists. Keep a poison antidote in your backpack which uses up 1x1 space and you can basically ignore your poison resists. Achmel's poison attack should be the only time you need to use this potion.

2. Mana, this is the javazon's greatest problem, mana leach helps greatly, + mana per kill can help, and a larger mana pool helps. I would say mana leach is a must. I ran clear to lvl 98 with a manald heal, simple but effective. A rare with high ML and other more useful attributes would be better. I also like a shako for this reason, not to mention the life and MF.

3. Physical damage. Here's where my opinion differs. A javazon is part melee and as such is susceptible to Iron Maiden. I think about half of my zon's deaths have been to IM, with a high damage weapon and a medium life pool, its instadeath. For this reason, I would suggest against upping the titans and possibly even the war travelers. Physical damage does three things, kills gloams (only kill gloams in the throne room and switch to Demon's Arch), leaches mana (nice), and kills you when IM'ed. Death vs. a bit extra leaching is a nasty tradeoff, especially in HC.

4. FWR - 30% from titans, 30% from boots, I wouldn't sacrifice anything to get more fwr on top of that.

5. weapon 2, if you don't have CtA, I would definately fo with Demon's Arch. Thunderstroke is costly timewise to throw and the time gain is minimal against baal.

6. IAS - I do like ias but it is a luxury. 30% would get you to the second breakpoint for both throwing and CS'ing. That means just 10% after the gloves, though it appears a jewel in your helm or shield are the only options.

Beyond that, I also keep razortail and TGods handy, I wear tgods all the way down till the throne room is clear of gloams and then switch to razortail. You can enter P8, cast a decoy, and switch to razortail after baal starts laughing but before he tosses out the first minion pack. You have to be quick but it doesn't slow the runs down at all.

As fro tatics, just remember that baal doesn't usually cast decrepify for about 5 - 8 seconds after tossing out the minions. You want to basically done killing the packs by this time so, with the exception of lister's pack, I wouldn't worry about being in decrepify range too much.

Oh, and for the Merc, at high levels you are right, Kiras gives way more resists than are needed to reach 90%. I much prefer tals mask, LL and some resists.

7. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the replies, I also got them off the people I was hoping for :smiley:

The best Mana leech ring I have is 4 ML +4 Life and 11 All res, I will try my hand at gambling another one before I start this char.

It looks like I need at least a +20 All Res amulet just to get cold and light to max before charms, I will try and craft a good one but I'm also mfing Hell Meph at the moment, so I'll hopefully get a Maras soon.

Still not sure about boots, War Travs would be nice but I am lacking fire resist, I don't like them but Aldurs boots might be the way to go, at least for now.

Stormshield seems to be the popular choice, I think thats where I was going anyway, was going to PDiamond it but I think an Ort would be more beneficial.

Will the Decrepify on Reapers Toll be enough to keep Baal in place? Would a merc setup of Reapers, Guardian Angel and Blackhorn's Face be a good balance? Then I get Decrep, Slow Target by 20% and absorb.

Whats the general concensus on the Valk, is she worth it for this build? And if so how many points? I've always liked using a Valk, but this will be one of the most damaging characters I've made so it may not be necessary.

Seeing as I'm using Tgods and Stormshield, how much strength will I need to equip them (ignoring the other eq)? With 106 Base strength, and the Tgods and SS already equipped, will they be automatically equipped when I load the character up? I ask this as with my base str Hammerdin I had to equip a Naj's Circlet every time I loaded the char to give enough Str bonus to equip the rest of my gear, then I could reequip my regular helm.

8. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

You don't *really* need ML for pure Baal running. There's enough mana pots dropping from the mobs and you dont need that much mana. For ordinary questing it'll help though.

Aldurs are amazing boots. life, damage to mana, fr/w, filling in the holes in your resists, what else can you ask for?

SS is pretty sweet, socket it with a light facet for more damage :)

9. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

No, it will not. I switched to this setup just a few days ago and only kept it for about 5 runs. Baal won't teleport when decrepified but the lvl 1 decrep only lasts a couple seconds. I had to chase baal around every run. I didn't notice any gain from the reapers toll. Of course there is a slight difference between a eth upped kelpie and a normal kelpie. I don't see why you can't try both and see which you prefer, but that's just my style, none of my chars have static gear, I'm always tweaking the gear a little here and there.

10. FrostBurn

Decrepify on Reaper's is more than sufficient in keeping Baal rooted to the spot. That setup works fine, and is in fact what I plan to use for my pure lightning javazon's merc. Of course, the Blackhorn's is not essential in keeping your merc alive against Souls on /p8, but with it on, you can almost always forget about keeping an eye fixed on his health bar when he is bathing in lightning bolts.

EDIT: To elaborate after seeing post #9, so long as the merc strikes Baal often enough to keep him perpetually Decrepified, he will not move. So you'll need to get the merc to a high enough level in order to improve his chance to hit. Unfortunately, I did not pay attention to Baal when just using the 20% Slow from Blackhorn's Face, but my guess is that 20% isn't enough to keep him still. Afterall, a low level Gumby can't do it (slvl 2 gives 20% Slow).

Some will say yes, others will say no. I personally would say yes. I like the big numbers that come from maxing all 5 lightning skills, but I would miss the Valkyrie too much. I'm quite happy to lose one synergy in order to get at least a slvl 17 Valk. She's not essential, but having a re-castable summon adds so much more to the feel of playing a javazon. For my planned setup, I'll have a slvl 25-ish Valk at clvl 99 :tongue: .

The strength bug is a strange thing. It works for my sorceress using SS, but not with my tests Javazons. At 106 base str, and assuming upped Titan's, you'll need a small charm of +1 str, to get you to 107, then Titan's will get you to 127. TGod's will get you to 147. Which means you'll need another +9 str from charms to get you to 156, which will equip SS for 186 str. Take away the str charms of +10 str, which takes you down to 176 str.

But when you start a new game, you'll have to manually add in the str charms again. The odd thing is that with my sorc, once I str bug her to use SS and take away the amulet of atlas (+30 str), and enter a new game, she still has SS equipped.

I do not know why it works for my sorc using SS, but not with the zons. The theory is that each time you make a new game, the game re-equips all the gear again. So my sorc with 116 base str, wearing WTs to get to 126 str, should still lack 30 str to use SS, but somehow, she can wear it without having to str bug for each new game.

With your Javazon, and from my own experience, you'll have to str bug her each time you enter a new game.

But if you do not upp the Titan's, then it will be 106 base +20 = 126 str. The TGod's for 146 str. If you throw in a WTs, that takes you to 156 str, which is just nice for SS.

11. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

I always settle for 1 pt Valk atleast, with your end-game setup that would make slvl 9, which should be plenty imo.
    From personal experiences the Reaper's Toll merc cannot keep baal in his place. (Maybe if he get some IAS gear/sockets, I had none on mine.)

12. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

I gues I just need to get my merc to a higher level.:grin:

13. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Milb! I'm planning to make one also. This is what i'm thinking to strap my Javazon on:

Gear:

Weapon: Etheral Titan's Revenge
    W. Switch: Call to Arms Runeword (BO)
    Alternatives: Thunderstroke, Ondal's Wisdom (EXP)
    Shield: Stormshield or Spirit Runeword
    S. Switch: Spirit Runeword
    Alternatives: Lidless Wall
    Armor: Chains of Honor or Enigma (Teleport=Fast) Runewords
    Alternatives: Upgraded Duriel's Shell, +2 Arkraines Valor, Double-Upgraded Silks of the Victor
    Gloves: Rare +2 Javelin/Spear Gloves with Dual Leech and Resists
    Alternatives: Dracul's Grasp, Soul Drainer
    Belt: Thundergod's Vigor (the only belt you should need to stand against souls in WSK)
    Helm: Crown of Ages (DR and Res), +2 Valk Wing, Vampire Gaze (Leech)
    Alternatives: Steel Shade, Stealskull, Griffon's Eye
    Boots: Eth Sandstorm Trek (Def/Mods), Silkweave (Mana after kill)
    Alternatives: Infernostride
    Rings: 2 BK Rings (Life Leech) or 1 BK and one Raven Frost
    Alternatives: Rare Dual-Leech rings with All Resists, Manald Heal (Mana Leech)
    Amulet: Mara's, +2 Rare Amazon Amulets with Dual Leech and Resists
    Alternatives: The Eye of Etlich (+1 and Leech)

And the skills:

20 Lightning Fury (Max First)
    20 Lightning Strike (Max Fourth)
    20 Lightning Bolt (Max Very Last)
    20 Charged Strike (Max Second)
    20 Power Strike (Max Third)
    1 to Prerequisites (Jab, Poison Javelin, Plague Javelin) 3 Total
    1 to Valkyrie and all Pre-Requisites (Inner Sight, Slow Missiles, Dodge,
    Avoid, Evade, Decoy) 7 Total
    110 in total upon reaching lv99

And the merc:

Act 2 Nightmare Defensive Merc
    Weapon: Infinity Runeword Polearm (Conviction + Charge Strike = Dead Baal)
    Alternatives: Eth Bonehew, Insight Runeword Polearm
    Armor: Eth Upped and Umed Guardian Angel or Stone Runeword
    Helm: Eth Vampire Gaze
    Alternatives: Kira's Guardian, Shako, Stealskull

14. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

OK, my probably most favorite build.
    I have lvl 96 Baal running Lightning zon. (jjscud's zon is lvl 98)
    She is focused on MF and uses:

Shako - socketed with 15IAS/30CR jewel - MF, large mana (important as jjscud said), large life bonus, 10%DR

Maras - don't hope that you will get better craft. You can try, but you will probably fail. As jjscud said, ML would be much better than LL.

Titan's Revenge, upped, non-eth. I use CS alot and I still can swing 2-3 times under IM without getting killed. Having eth one would be far more dangerous and also I would have to wait for replenishing.
    Thunderstroke in inventory - for Baal and Souls (read later) (with my IAS setup, it also gives one frame faster CS)
    wand with lvl 3 Lower resist on switch - for Baal and Souls. Souls at P1 are dead in 2-3 CS with Thunderstroke under Lower Resist.
    Also when I am not running Baal for Exp and do his minions on P1, I use Thunderstroke the whole run.

upped Moser's Blessed Circle - 2x PDiamond. I needed resists on shield badly. If I would have CoH, I could have another shield equipped, but I don't think that SS is necessary (though you will play HC, so more safety the better). Anyway, some block is good to have (I have around 60, not maxed), so it would be probably not a good idea to have a Spirit. on the other hand if you play carefully you should have no problem to hide behind Valk and merc.
    Moser's Blessed Circle - 2xPDiamond on switch. - well I use LR against Souls, so I need resists...

eth Sullder's Ire with PTopaz - well, it's a MF variant, CoH is clearly the best

Lancer's Gauntlets of Alacrity - I don't think that any other mods on rare/crafted gloves are worth loosing 1 javelin skill.

Thundergod's Vigor - obvious

rare boots with 24 MF, 30% FRW, 38 LR (highly needed), 16 CR
    for non MF variant, I would probably use Nat's or Aldurs boots, War Travs are good too.

Raven Frost
    Rare ring with 6ML, LR, small MF and other minor mods, sometimes I use SoJ instead (especially for P1 or P3 minions runs). Rare rings can have up to 6 ML, almost anything is better than Manald

6 skillers, 1 Gheeds, resist or MF small charms
    If you don't have skillers, the best are Mana charms imho.

merc -
    kelpie - I am with jjscud again. Reapers are much worse for Baal keeping peaceful
    guardian angel - needed because of hydras
    vampire gaze - DR and LL

I don't say that this is the best equip, just that it works best for me.
    The reason I am slaying Souls with lightning is just that it's cool, I guess that jjscud deals with them with the same time with Demons Arch or even faster. On the other hand LR is very handy against Baal himself if you don't have much -enemy lightning resistance (for example from facets and Griffon's) - I have seriously thought about 4faceted monarch, but I don't have strength enough to use it and I need resists from mosers anyway.

IAS breakpoints wit cer/mat javelin:
    LFury/throw -
    0 % 14 1.7
    6 % 13 1.9
    16 % 12 2
    30 % 11 2.2
    52 % 10 2.5
    89 % 9 2.7

CS/normal attack
    0 % 11 2.2
    10 % 10 2.5
    26 % 9 2.7
    50 % 8 3.1
    95 % 7 3.5

It is obvious that reaching the 30%Ias BP is very helpful, if you can reach 52, please do it, it's worth it! Unfortunatly you can't reach it with Titans, 20IAS gloves and 2 IAS jewels, so you would have to sacrifice too much...

Resists: imho fire resist is not needed much in WSK... aim for ~50,70,85,XX resists imho

Ohhh, skills: VALK, 1 DAE, some pierce, rest lightning.

15. grogs

grogs IncGamers Member

The reapers / kelpie debate is a tough one.

My 99 sorc's merc used an upped eth Kelpie, and I wouldn't have changed it for the world - Baal will not move.

My hammerdin's merc uses an eth reapers - and is a much better choice for him, safer during minion waves and helps the effectiveness of CB on Baal.

As jjscud said - reapers will not keep baal rooted in place, even a level 98 merc will not hit Baal enough to keep him constantly decripped. His hoar frost (mana burn thingie) will still work and you'll be chugging pots. Whereas with kelpie he will be a little lamb.

It'll come down to personal preference and what you get used to with the character. Reapers is undoubtably better for the minions as it gives much better crowd control. Kelpie is better for Baal for a caster's merc (any melee, or more to the point any char relying on CB to get chunks of Baals life down will be better off having a merc toting Reapers).

16. FrostBurn

:rolleyes:

Does not imply that my merc with Reaper's is hitting Baal 100% of the time. Merely that he hits Baal often enough to keep him Decrepified often enough to my liking.

There are so many implications from this statement, considering a clvl 98 zon.

Reaper's on a high level merc will keep Baal rooted in place often, as opposed to always.

:rolleyes:

Now then, back to the question of the merc's weapon, I guess it comes down to Reaper's great crowd control and Decrepify vs 90% physical resistant /p8 Souls, and Kelpie's guaranteed 'turn Baal to stone' effect.

17. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

I don't bother with mercs and javazons, they're expensive and irritating :)

18. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

I'm not really sure if I'm one of the people you want to hear from but oh well here goes. I wanted to post earlier but didn't have time to read everything and I don't like to post without reading first. So far I like Hrus's build the best.

I speak from b.net experience personly so I don't know how common things are in SP yet (read = Lightning facets).

A lot of people that I know use what they like to call a "kill switch" on their weapon switch and basicly the idea behind it is that once the throne room is cleared you generally take little to no damage so you can switch to your second weapon which offers little deffence and gobs of damage.

The kill switch always consists of Thunderstrokes and then a shield with as many lightning facets in it as personal preference calls for. One person I know uses a Headhunters Gloary with 2 facets in it for example.

Since you want to play on a higher player setting I doubt you are going to want to stand around and wait for your merc to kill gloams so thats why I like Hrus build the most because it involves the LR Wand for allowing yourself to help with Gloams but still has the kill switch.

As was already stated, Eth titans will get you a little more LL/ML but will generaly get you dead

Personly I would put at least 17 points in Valk. Seriously FL/CS zons aren't hurting for skill points so why skimp on survival?

After that its just a matter of clearing the throne, switching your LR want for your Thunderstrokes, setting your decoy where you please and then throwing.

The more GC skillers the better imho, it simply means you will be able to turn up the /p setting without sacraficing speed.

I know a guy who claims he 1-hitted Hell Diablo with his LF/CS zon and I have no reason not to believe him. He would have been playing solo at the time but still. with enough +skills and enough -% in Lightning resist you've got a serious killer on your hands.

-hps

19. FrostBurn

Those are good suggestions. I like the 'kill switch' idea. I never did bother much with the LR wand myself, since it breaks Souls at 8%, leaving a very sizable chunk of lightning resistance (92%). But with a shield socketed with lightning facets, (like a four os monarch with four -5% light facets), then Souls will start to fall like flies to your LF, even at /p8.

The problem here is getting the facets. I have a few myself, but only one perfect lightning facet, and I'm saving that for a Griffon's.

20. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Some good ideas there, I do like the kill switch too, I'll have to see if I can work it into my setup, I need a pair of Thunderstrokes too as my only set at the moment are eth.

I'm planning on clearing the throne on p1, minions as high as poss, and Baal at p3, so I think I should be able to either jab the Gloams or use Demon's Arch seeing as they don't have very many HPs, I will also see how efficient it is to use a LR Wand, I imagine this would speed Baal up quite a lot.

Seems like a good Valk is recommended, also Kelpie Snare, I'll have to do some experimenting when I reach the WSK.

Light Facets aren't all that common unfortunately, I'm self-found too so that doesn't help :wink3:

Another more general question: Say there are Gloams or OKs in the Throne which don't get cleared by Baal before the minions spawn and Achmel's Pack resurrect them, do they come back with the same health as when they first spawned or will they be at the current player setting? Guessing its the former but just want to check.