Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Having trouble finding the right build

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by canis_lupos, Mar 16, 2004.

1. canis_lupos

canis_lupos IncGamers Member

Having trouble finding the right build

Hello, new to this forum blablabla
    Live in holland, play on europe HC ladder.

My first big problem is i played a sorc only once ( lvl 58 ) in my 2 years i play diablo 2.

I already read some builds like meteor + synergies or orb + fireball or yust pure cold.
    Now i want to now whats best for me to start cause i dont have good ecuip for a sorc at all.
    And i was thinking about doing mephi/andy runs with her.

Any suggestions about what i should chose?

2. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

I´ve tried all the build I mention now : CL/orb Meteorb Meter and Blizzard

buy far the best (fastest for me) is the blizz sorc... I besically dont care about +skills cuz killing speed is pretty low compaired to time it takes to finde the place.

so far I use(with my blizz sorc)

wizzard spike + lidless / gull(100%) + rythme(25%)
    skulders(110% + 24%)
    shako(74%)
    goldwrap up´ed(30%)
    war travelers(42%)
    chance guards(39%)
    naturs peace
    nagel ring(29%)

with this setup I got a good mf % (above 500% cuz of a greed and some sc´s), I use wizzard spike + lidless for fcr and switch once boss has about 50% hp left, to the gull/rythme.

besically I could get better gear, I have found storms/shakos/ tals armor/ik armor / ocu´s and all using this setup, however I kinda live by the "If it aint broken why fix it?" motto.

also on a mention, with the blizz sorc I recammende you do pindel as well as andy/ mehpi. Pindel is ur friend! ^^ he´s the one that gives IK armor/tals armors and verious other nice things like wfs :D

3. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

First off do you have a character that you MF with? or will this be your MF Char?

If you have another character for Magic Find then I'd agree with heliskov and go straight blizzard.

If you do not have a MF char and you intend this to be it. Then I'd actually build 2 sorces. One that will be completed at a fairly low lvl and not go past NM. Another one built for Hell for running pits and such.

The reason being that running Meph in NM is very different than running the Pits in hell. For Meph you want to teleport there quickly, safely and then execute 'the moat trick'. For the Pits you want to do a lot of damage over a broad area and you want to do it with relative safety.

I made an enchantress for NM MF. You can't beat the the Sorce for mobility also your merc will rock. Actually you're merc will be doing most of the damage. For the most part I tele close to but not into a monster pack and run the other way and watch the merc do his thing. When I level, he automatically levels.

For the pits and other level 85 areas, I prefer the Lightning Trapsin. I know, I know this is the Sorce forum... and still, a lot of HC players like to use Hydras to detect monsters off screen. Traps do the same thing, it's just that Lightning sentry is piercing, shoots sooner, shoots faster, and does more damage.

If you insist on staying with the sorce then you should look at the Hydra... just be warned: it's slow, the timer is annoying, and sometimes it will just sit there and shoot at the one fire immuned in a crowd of non-fire immuned monsters.

On the bright side, it doesn't let you rush through the game. It keeps you out of danger. It does decent damage.

Good luck

4. canis_lupos

canis_lupos IncGamers Member

Atm i am using a lvl 69 trapsin to do mephi NM.
    On pure luck i found a skulders so thats one thing already for the MF sorc.
    Also i have a blade with 50 fcr and +10 resist all, maybe use that before i find wizards?

Think ill go for that blizzard build and kill pindle then with it?
    And what is a good strategy to kill pindle, i mean are there some stats which you should skip when you meet him?

5. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

First take your run walk off before you enter the red portal. Teleport to him and cast blizzard. Your merc should run into his goons while the blizzard is going around him. Tele in tele out, max block is always on... simple.

Usually, Necro's like pindle cause you can summon skellies from the courtyard and raise your army before Pindle's gets up. Just FYI