Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Having trouble finding Plains of Despair in act 4

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Rayven, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Rayven

Rayven IncGamers Member

Having trouble finding Plains of Despair in act 4

I have searched everyone in the outer steppes and cant find the plains of despair. is the entrance to the plains somewhere on the outer edge of the steppes or is it somewhere in the middle? i have searched every little part of the outer steppes and cant find the entrance to it. unless there is something i need to do in order for it to show up. maybe i am missing it somewhere cause i wouldnt think it would be hard to find but i dont know where else to look. thanks.

Rayven

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

The entrance should be somewhere on the edge - make sure you look thoroughly since it can be very well hidden sometimes.

3. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

EDIT: Beaten to it

That has happened to me before on several occasions. Just go into every little crevice around the entire map and you will eventually find the staircase. Sometimes it just doesn't show up on the map until you're right on top of it.

4. Rayven

Rayven IncGamers Member

ok thanks a lot!

5. Rex

Rex Banned

I find that a lot of the time it's quite close to where you start, I just move counterclockwise.

6. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

Another problem is that many times the stairs are easy to miss if all you're looking at is the map, and especially if the map is in mini-map mode.

Sometimes it's easier to look for the steps without looking at the map at all. They're usually a big arch right at the top of the stairs as well that can sometimes blend into the rock (thus making it easier to miss if all you're looking at is the mini-map).

My advice: turn off the map and search every part of the edges. You'll see it immediately when you stumble on it.

-Jomero