Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

having some trouble

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by yorkky22, Mar 17, 2004.

1. yorkky22

yorkky22 IncGamers Member

having some trouble

In my single person game I am a barbarian and I am In the river of flame and I keep getting cornered and slaughtered. I can't seem to come up with a good strategy, could some one please help me.

2. Pyro@d2

[email protected] IncGamers Member

well you could go to the single player forum but i suppose this is a good place to ask that question.

If your above lvl 30 ww is a great way to just get out of tight spots. also leap attack would allow you to jump over people.

Also you could find a nice leach sword/mace/maul and just leach ur way and kill them all hehe.

Well all just my humble opinions. Have fun :uhhuh:

3. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Just take things 1 step at a time. Go forward slowly so they can't herd you towards a wall. If they're overwhelming you, Run Back. Fewer will follow and again you'll regain the upperhand.

If you don't use a merc, Grab a Cold merc from A3. He'll stop crowds and give you Much more control over the situation.

4. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

Alain is quite correct. As a young barb and even later you will be extremely strong versus one or two monsters but you will suffer in larger packs. Advance slowly to only trigger a couple monsters at a time, then back off a couple steps to engage them without fear of activating others. once they're dead advance a bit more and kill the next small group.

For getting out of jams I always have leap attack on a hotkey ready to go, just jump over the pack and run a little distance away to make a portal or to regroup against the few monsters that follow you.

good luck

5. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

*Daydreams about Spak as a young barbarian*
    :drool:

Alain and spak are both quite knowledgable, they both have an extensive and thorough understanding of what makes things tick.

In short, run away. run like a litte girl!
    Best way to stay alive!
    heroes die young, cowards live forever!
    (man I got tired of reading that on the back of spaks t-shirt every team evil night!)
    :innocent:

6. Pyro@d2

[email protected] IncGamers Member

Funnie...to bad i was wrong again o well to argue with alain is nonsense so i'll shut up now.... :worship:

7. Taurgon

Taurgon IncGamers Member

No, your advice, taken with all the other opinions, is sound. I would add that when you reach a point in the game where you are getting slaughtered it's probably because you have progressed as far as your level can take you. Level up and the game gets easier.

8. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

Leap Attack has saved my barb more times than I can count...I almost never use it to actually attack, its my quick escape plan. Also use the method of run, turn around, hackhackhack, run and repeat.

Also, don't underestimate the benefits of replaying lower levels to get tougher before you move on...because it doesn't get any easier later.

9. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

I'll just say it too... it was Very good advice Pyro, and if you hadn't said it, I would have.

To improve, it's very rarely just 1 thing that has to be taken into account, a few small things can be changed to see Big results.

1 Small thing was the Leap Attack/WW when you actually Do get stuck... but before that... It's best to try and avoid that situation.