Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Having Problems Surviving Meph

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by bsuguy, Oct 20, 2006.

1. bsuguy

bsuguy IncGamers Member

Having Problems Surviving Meph

alright, I have a lvl 79 blizz sorc and meph kills me like I am a lvl 1 in hell difficulty, here are the stats:

Gear-Shako w/P-topaz, Enigma Archon Plate, Lidless, Occy, 2xSoj, Mara's Ammy, War Travs, Snowclash, Chances, 2xCold Skill GCs, and a 10/10 Sorc Torch

Stats-Life:993, Mana:581, Defense:2659, Blizz Dmg:6564-6826, -Cold Resist:105%, FCR:50%

suggestions?

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

1. Defense doesn't matter; no need to list that.
    2. It's not all about damage and mf (obviously, since you're dying so easily).
    3. 50%FCR is too low; get at least 63%.
    4. You didn't list your resists, which leads me to believe they're not very good, and that you underestimate their importance. At the very least, you should have max cold and lightning res.
    5. You didn't mention a Merc, which leads me to believe you don't use one. Bad idea. http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=504525

3. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Ditch your Enigma for a Vipermagi with Ptopaz if you need FCR/ resists/ skills.

Switch Occy to Wizardspike if additional resists are needed. Maxed resists is almost a must/.

4. lorax

lorax IncGamers Member

I wouldn't ditch Enigma for vipermagic, but instead get an CoH...
    still has nice def, resists, +skills...
    CoH = :)

5. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

Yep, resists are the problem. It looks like you only have mara's and the torch to help you there. That means you are probably like -45% resistant.

I'd start by dropping the lidless for a good Spirit (may be hard to do as you have limited levels left, but you are wearing enigma). If you can get a 33% Spirit (pretty easy) that will get you past the 63% FCR breakpoint and have lots of cold light and poison resists.

Even with that, your resits will still be lousy. Wizzy or CoH would really help.

6. RoXoR

RoXoR IncGamers Member

the fcr will just help you get to meph, id either work on dodging his attacks or get a good merc to tank for you while u just blizz//ice blast away.
    later u can use high fcr to tele away from his attacks, thats fun too ^_^