Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Having Latency Problesm? :D

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by Strogg, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Strogg

Strogg IncGamers Member

Having Latency Problesm? :D

Ladies and gentlemen I have found your solution to this nagging problem. My friend told me about a nice little thing called Game Ranger. Basically what it does is run your multi-player games in IPX mode over the internet instead of lagglenet I mean battle.net. :crazyeyes:

All you have to do is download and install this program and create an account. You do by the way, have to have a valid email to activate your account. From then on you can play with your friends or even make a pub game and not have to worry about the stupid latency problems associated with Diablo multiplayer.

For issues of convenience, you are going to want to go into your voice settings in the options menu and at the very least change your voice key so that it wont override your spell bindings. At the very most you can just turn it all off.

After that just make a room or join one and/or make a game. Easy as can be and not annoying in regards to not being able to join games due to latency issues.

Hope this helps!

-BTW this is probably worthy of a sticky, since latency is a big problem in D1.

EDIT: Yes I misspelled the title. :p

2. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Re: Having Latency Problesm? :D

It...IT SUPPORTS CRIMSON SKIES!

3. Asty

Asty IncGamers Member

Almost all "latency" problems in Diablo 1 Battle.net is due to an issue reguarding routers. If you use a router or people that you would like to play with use a router. The user needs to log into their router and allow ports 6112-6119 TCP and UDP out and in. If you are unsure how to do this, you may find the help you need at http://portforward.com/

4. Romeo Rogue Julietta

Romeo Rogue Julietta IncGamers Member

Didn't know it should be to 6119, thought it would be only 6112-6112 as a polish site suggested.
    Thank you for this information, I hope this will work.