Stormsehidl
8/8/20 gaze with 40ed jewel
40/13 dungos
aneglic ammy and 2 angelic rings
bloodfists
Gores
and my inventory has a lot of ar/max gc and sc's
i reach about 18k attack rating but i have really hard time hitting them still
(I put about 10 into BA for the passive bonus already)
are Zealots just not able to 1v1 barbs? or am i lacking more Ar somewehre

antirush

Diabloii.Net Member
You should be able to hit barbs pretty well with 18k ar. However, since you're still having troubles you could try a couple of things. An eth/non eth razors edge has nice -target defense and works very well against conc barbs with many builds. Another option is eth death cleaver, although the added price isn't really worth it in most cases.

hardnfast

Diabloii.Net Member
i reach about 18k attack rating but i have really hard time hitting them still
(I put about 10 into BA for the passive bonus already)
are Zealots just not able to 1v1 barbs? or am i lacking more Ar somewehre
18k should be enough.

I think its going to be a hard duel, especially if the barb uses a shield, maxed shout and points into iron skin. I haven't dueled a barb with a zealot for a long time but from memory last time I did the only way I could win was to stand in the corner shift zealing, that way the barb couldn't ww effectivley. (yes, its a lame tactic)

I would guess it would be easier to beat a dual wielding barb, but still a hard duel as ww and zeal are both 4fpa but ww is moving.

Bladewind

Diabloii.Net Member
Zealots are generally not good duellers, especially against barbs. Anyway EDC is the way to go, but a powerful EDC is incredibly expensive and you must zod it too.

Another way to improve your chances is to get more defence, like using Exile. Also i did not see any sources of cannot be frozen, a frozen zealot is a dead zealot, fyi.

Maccat

Diabloii.Net Member
Does no on else see that he has 63% DR? You have a lot of flexibility in your equipment if you use Stormshield. You could try making a Blood Armet (I think it's in Armets). Aim for 10% Deadly strike, 2 sockets, hit recovery, and visionary mods. You've got yourself a godly helmet if you get all those in one shot, good luck getting it though. If memory serves it's Magic Jewel + Perfect Ruby + Magic Casque/Helm/Armet

the boss

Diabloii.Net Member
I would suggest the following gear for a Non-tap Gm Zeal vs Conc barbs

EbotDZ
Eth Prudence or a Fortitude armor
Eth Alma Negra socketd Zod
Guilluame's face with ED jewel or ED/MAX, ED/Strength or Dex are nice
Upped Gores
SteelRends
15%DR Dungo, the +Vita is not really much boost
Highlords Raven Raven
Angelics in stash

Fill up the charms with max/ar/life or ar/life small or large or grand charms

I'd suggest AR/LIfe Grand charms, biggest AR boost alone with 9x Gcs, that will help a lot.

What is your base Dex points? that could change your AR factor.

I use Guilluame face because of 35 CB and 15 DS and +15 strength

I'm a fan of melee duel actually to tell you the truth, I'm still looking foward to get a nice Ethearl Alma Negra socketed Zod with my new set up.

Hope every single word here helps.
good luck

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member
vs barb I use either:

angelic ammy+rings
cham'ed alma negra
rare helm with a visionary mod
+enchant (if bm)
and I always have my inventory filled with ar/life charms and my ar is around 40k

or

coa (berber)
eth upped shaft
eth exile (if bm)
with this setup I have around 40k def

:shocked:
*priit2

hardnfast

Diabloii.Net Member
Use Guilluame's face, as maccat said you have enough DR already with stormshield and verdungos

The Boss: your setup has 15%DR total, swap in an eth upped shaftstop perhaps

the boss

Diabloii.Net Member
oh yeah, I was gonna say use Eth G prudence 3k defence + stormshield, not Eth alma, thanks for correcting me.

nex

Diabloii.Net Member
Are you having trouble with hiting WW or conc barbs? BvC/BvA whirlers usually don't have high defense, but hiting them is still hard because of WW - you don't get much opportunity to even swing at them. Try standing in the middle of pudles and shift zeal there, that should screw their clip whirling. Replace vamp gaze with guillaume's (extra DS always helps, but vs chars with high life CB is also great thing even though it has additional PvP penalty).

If you get Grief you can also smite them (IMO kinda lame vs conc barbs but vs WW ones it's ok)

What is your base Dex points? that could change your AR factor.
Pumping dex is the worst way to raise AR.

TheBe

Diabloii.Net Member
What's your life btw? I saw you stated that you have max/ar charms. Does any of them add any life?

warcraftgosu

Diabloii.Net Member
Instead of making a new topic, hopefully i can just use this one.
Anyway i went out and bought a bunch of stuff from my Zealot and my equip is as follows

1545 Archon Fort with 30 resist 1.5 life.
EbotdZ/ 40/380 Grief Zerker/ 357EDeath Zerker
45Res Eth Exile/45resist 395ed Phoenix/Ummed HoZ/Storm Shield
20/28 CoA (2 bers in it)
39/15 dungos
aneglic ammy and 2 angelic rings (2 20 dex raven, 2 wisps, 2 dwarf)
(High lords)
bloodfists
200ed Upped Gores
6bo cta/spirit for switch

and my inventory has a lot of ar/max gc and sc's Life Sc's
20/20 anni and 20/13 ptorch
IS there anything i should imrpove? Should i get a Last wish Zerker?

I haven't GM zeal dueled in a long time. I usualy just join pub games and fight. but for Zealot vs Zealot. sometimes i have a hard time against Godly Pallies. Any suggestions on what equip i should use?