Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Havin trouble duelin zealots with my conc barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by this_barb, Jan 30, 2004.

1. this_barb

this_barb IncGamers Member

Havin trouble duelin zealots with my conc barb

I made a conc barb that can decently most melee but some zealots really kill me. those with draculs and exile... how do i combat that? i heard that if i could get enough leech, i could leech back about 200 life per hit... how much leech would that require?

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Exile/Dracul pallies are pretty cheap, they're pains in the *** to take down. I can't give you many straight pointers on fighting them, other than don't feel too bad, as that is some overpowered gear.

What I wanted to mention was that leech has been nerfed in pvp. It caps at 50% in general, but I've heard that it's limited to around 1% in pvp, thus the only way to really get back at the attack is to fight cheese with cheese and get your own draculs for the life tap. Good luck boss!

-Hal

3. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

well being I havent tried my concentrate barb yet, but I have my zerk barb..and I know your like...but this is a Concentrate I 'm talking about...yes yes, I know..but the my meaning is this..dont use concen...becasue i dont use zerk neither..no go with WW, just click it once, most barbs have leap attack clicked for distance jumping, so its only 1 point, and also most times you'll have battlecry alrdy chosen as a skill.
    Being a concentrate you should be alot better then my zerk, who hardly ever loses to a paly, and I have no uber godly gear either, casue you got all the def that I dont...so

Pump you usual crys
    wait for him to come, cast battlecry as he comes in
    commence the WW's

your wins should increase alot.

4. this_barb

but im dueling in palapk and whirlwind is a nono... but exile which is 15% chance to cast lvl 51390810 lifetap on strike isnt... i dont see the point where you can drop their life to a sliver and then they get a lucky roll and i get life tapped and then they get full life again... wheres the fairness in that???

5. CyberHawk

ya scratch my post..I fought one last night for the 1st time, was doing real good as normal, until that little red stuf went over my head and his life thru the roof...I think those should be banned from pvp, or at least in respectful dueling.
    Those 2 items with LL on them rank up their with a FOH paly as far as i'm concerned. There are damn near impossible to beat with a barb.
    I even tried my throwing just to change it up a little, but then he charges, and noway I'm outrunning him then.

6. this_barb

yep yep... i tried so many different set ups. i thank god when i duel an exile/dracul pally and his life tap doesnt go off... because atleast then i can win. anyone know if the .08 arreats takes 15% defense off the persons total defense or reduces it to 15% of what they had?

7. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

3 Things

1) .08 arreats sucks melee .09 is far better

2) You will never beat a good zealot that uses exile/draculs, however if you can convince them to not use exile/draculs it will be alot more even

3) Palapk is a bunch of whiners. Yes they are good zealots and yes they are some of the beast melee paladins, but they ***** about anything which would prevent them from winning, for example, they refuse to remove exile/lifetap and choose to call you a noob instead. What they don't realize however is that melee barb vs melee paladin it is unfair to use ANY lifetap because the paladin will ALWAYS hit lifetap first and barbs don't hit 5 times per zeal they hit once per swing meaning even if you do get off lifetap you won't leech nearly as much life as them. So pay no attention to them.

8. this_barb

alright thank you, maybe ill figure something out... ive only beaten a couple dracul/exile pallys yet... and even then, it was really close or really lucky on my part.

9. CyberHawk

Funny thing happened this morning, well 1st off, after reading this thread yesterday I went out and bought myself a lacerator, the one that had a 33% of casting amp on striking. Since I'm not rich enought to buy exile/draculs I thought that might even the odds.
    So there I was, duleing my reg barb..then eventually like 4 palys were in the room plus me...and there comes a life tappin crazy paly, and hostiled the whole room. After watching the 1st 1-2 palys die and doing the usual wtf? after him healing in the mid battle..I thought well, heres goes nothing. I switched out my razor for the lacerator, and of we went.
    Now being a zerk barb build, i dont have the def that I really need, but nonetheless I started with battlecry, then concentrate (to get as much def as posible while striking) to get that amp to go off...then suddenly..BAM, off went the amp..and no life tap on me..yet. Once the amp went off I went right off into ww, and between the posin, and 2-3 WW's the paly went running inside to heal.....YES!
    But, like what was mentioned be4....that was luck, IF he had the life tap working..my win wouldnt of happend, I doubt. But it sure helps with the win!

TO WAR! My barbarian friends...we shall not die that easily!

10. F1R3STR1D3R

F1R3STR1D3R IncGamers Member

Whats your attack rating, defense, and weapon speed; whats the pallys attack rating?

Usually when I fight pallys with life tap they can't get a hit on me except for maybe once or twice and they leech a little, but with good AR, highest Weapon speed, and High defense you should kill them while they are trying to attack through an un-interruptable attack.

11. this_barb

that concept does have promise, attacking with lacerator until the amp taps in and then switch back to your normal weapon, thats fighting a paladin on the same terms. no doubt that they will whine and cry about it being cheap... oh well, ill have a good laugh with this one :D

12. this_barb

23320 Defense :: with Scarab Husk Enigma (I definitely need to get a 2000+ defense armor because i only use the enigma vs casters and ranged characters)

18517 AR :: with 2x Ravenfrost (1perfect, 1 crappy)

I'm probalby hitting 10 fps because i got the wrong Ik parts and i dont get thee 25% ias...

that lacerator idea is cool... if only i could find a way to switch off to use it

13. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

So you would think to get away from the BM ppl in palapk, go find a dueling league that as rules

Elvish

14. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

Last I heard bliz made zeal un-interruptable till they can fix its bugs, so its 5 fast hits vs 1 slow hit..whats going to win?

Elvish

15. this_barb

actually, its quite evenly matched. have you ever faced a conc barb? i am quite evenly matched with those that dont use exile/draculs. and also i hit a lot harder than a zealot does, i could rip apart a zealot if i get 1 good hit in that takes away 1/4-1/3 of their life away :D

16. Fire_Dragon

Fire_Dragon IncGamers Member

Ok, here is MY simple solution. When playing against cheesy palys with the exile/dracul set up ask them nicely not to use it. When they refuse simply switch to slows target by % gear. Ya I know everyone will want to flame me, but the way I see it, if someone wants a duel to be one sided in their favor go ahead, teach them a lesson! If it's one thing I can't stand it's whiny duelers who throw the "noob" word around. Go ahead, slow em down, there swearing and yells will make you feel alot better ;). Btw for best results use a blackhorns, cleglaws and arachnid mesh/siggards. You could throw in a medusa gaze, but make sure u a have a shaft on and ber runes in ur stuff!

17. F1R3STR1D3R

F1R3STR1D3R IncGamers Member

Throw in a Doom zerker too :)

18. Fire_Dragon

Fire_Dragon IncGamers Member

Now were talkin!

19. this_barb

holler! i love diabloii.net people, so supportive :D. lol!

20. this_barb

CURRENT EQUIPMENT SETUP

Weapon: Breath of the Dying Berzerker Axe (Ethereal)

Shield: Stormshield (40/15ias)
    Helmet: Arreat's Face (40/15ias)
    Armor: Enigma Wyrmhide
    Gloves: Immortal King's Forge
    Boots: Immortal King's Pillar
    Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Coil

Amulet: Highlord's Wrath
    Ring 1: Ravenfrost
    Ring 2: Ravenfrost

REVISED (PROBABLE) EQUIPMENT SETUP

Weapon: Breath of the Dying Berzerker Axe (Ethereal)

Shield: Stormshield (40/15ias)
    Helmet: Bone Visage (80/30 + Cham Rune)
    Armor: Enigma Wyrmhide
    Gloves: Immortal King's Forge
    Boots: Immortal King's Pillar
    Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Coil

Amulet: Angelic Wings
    Ring 1: Angelic Halo
    Ring 2: Angelic Halo

Both setups have positive aspects and negative aspects about them. The CURRENT EQUIPMENT SETUP would technically have more life due to the +stat mods on most of the items, there are +40 stat mods on Arreats and +20 stat mods on both Ravenfrosts which equates to an extra 729 life. It has an extra Deadly Strike mod on Highlord's Wrath. The Attack Rating on this setup is a lot lower than the REVISED (PROBABLE) EQUIPMENT SETUP which equates to about 19k AR. The REVISED (PROBABLE) EQUIPMENT SETUP comes with a great deal higher Attack rating (nearly 30k) but it lacks in the statistical department. It has higher damage in relations to its enormously high AR. There is a lower amount of Deadly Strike, being limited to only that applied from Axe Mastery. I believe that the higher AR would more than make up for the Deadly Strike and lower life.

I just want to know what you people think. Any suggestions? I'm still stumped. I'm having a hard time dueling Exile/Dracul zealots (Even with all those BM methods, I really want to find a legit way to pound them into the ground) but I also have an incredibly hard time dueling 4.0 FPS Jabazons with Jab (last duel I had with one took an average of 9.3 seconds to turn me into a corpse) and Fury Werewolves (who have an average of 32k AR, tears me up all the time). Any and ALL suggestions are welcomed. *Whew, okay done.