Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

haven't touched d2 in about 5 years getting back into it

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Majorburns13, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Majorburns13

Majorburns13 Diabloii.Net Member

alright guys i just have a few questions here i havent been on d2 in about 5 years then i was going threw some old stuff at my house and found my old diablo 2 battlechest set..
    i used to play for about a year and a half then stop for a year on and off ever since before lord of destruction even played d2 on dial up a few times back in the day haha..
    im just really hoping the nestalgia making the game seem better then it is but then i constantly am complaining about d3 and how much they dumbed everything down!!
    i have no intention of playing on battlenet just single player.
    are there any mods that anyone can recommend?

how popular is single player in this forum usually the biggest problem i find with forums anymore is just a pure lack of activity..

looking forward to posting my fun on here!

2. Raad

Raad Diabloii.Net Member

Hi there! From another new denizen of incgamers D2 section, welcome!

I am another fellow singleplayer like yourself: I occasionally play on TCP/IP with friends but that is about it; the forum activity on the singleplayer forums are relatively "warm" but only if you follow those individual threads and the competitions/item find stuff: I personally follow the trade and item find threads and usually check out other things on the newcomer/SP forums. I have no comparison since I have never played D3 so I'll take your word for it!

It would be wise to have a look at this stickied thread: http://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/read-this-first-single-player-forum-guide-2016-wip.933479/

I say that because there are restrictions on modding in place for SP play (and some other important rules) here on these forums, but the only one I use (and can recommend as a result) is the runewordmod or RWM which enables ladder only runewords on SP; you can find instructions for this from the sticky as well!

I hope that helps and that you have fun here!

3. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Welcome to both of you! The Single Player Forum here is probably the most active, and is still a great community. I play only SP myself, both 1.13d and 1.07. If I can help answer any questions about this place, please let me know. Stay a while and listen!