Haven't played since 1.09......

cactusbot

Diabloii.Net Member
Haven't played since 1.09......

I decided to pick up my Diablo 2 game again. I haven't played since late 1.09 early 1.10. Anybody have a quick rundown of new things? I really want to start a Sorcerer, what things are new with her and what is the best use of skill/stats these days, preferably PVM, but PVP would be cool too. Thanks for any help.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I think you'd be happier to stay in 1.09, toomany overpowered runewords (enigma...) and synergies kinda ruined the game...

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
New patch is alright once you get used to it. I would rather stick with 1.09 though, things made mroe sense back then.

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
Dawnmaster said:
Well, I think you'd be happier to stay in 1.09, toomany overpowered runewords (enigma...) and synergies kinda ruined the game...
Yeah, because Occy Rings :evil:, bugged Taebaeck's and "ith" weapons were really weak...

Welcome to 1.11, man.

1) Play ladder so you get the good runewords.
2) Check out synergies they added a whole new level of depth to building characters in the game.
3) Watch your a$$ in hell, it really is hell now. Which is a good thing, just be careful. (The first time you're level 75 charcter gets pwned by a quill rat in the Blood Moor, you'll know what I'm talking about.)

Only other suggestion I would make, would be to build your first sorc off a guide so you get a nice intro to how synergies work.

Have fun and good luck.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
1.09 was fun when you didn't play with the crazies who used all the bugged items. I liked to play with friends in private games like that. And I ended up joining 76 legit.
1.09 had more memories for me ^^

sirwhere

Diabloii.Net Member
Main differences 1.09 --> 1.11 are:

- Monsters have more hitpoints and hit harder
- Skill synergies changed most builds
- New lamewords.. err.. runewords allow for a huge variety of sub-classes

cactusbot

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the help guys. As for building my wealth, what are some good ways? Are large amounts of chips worth anything?

Hemaka

Diabloii.Net Member
when you get established, don't mf too fast. I mean it. A bug from A2/A3 has crawled up blizzards @$$ and theres no way to kill it.

cactusbot

Diabloii.Net Member
Hemaka said:
when you get established, don't mf too fast. I mean it. A bug from A2/A3 has crawled up blizzards @$$ and theres no way to kill it.
I don't understand, please explain.

Gorny

Banned
Hemaka said:

DO NOT bypass the word filter.