Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Haven't made a real PvM char for a long time...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Still-Xey-Lover, May 14, 2005.

1. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Haven't made a real PvM char for a long time...

I feel like making a mfer using hoto since i gots a vex :D But i'm not sure which kind. Here are the ones i had in mind: ele druid, blizz sorc (never made one in hc i think), hammerdin, bone necro and fire sork. Which one of these would combine the fun factor + a strong mfer do you think? Keeping in mind i haven't made any of these guys for a LOONG time. Thanks in advance.

2. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Hammerdin != fun

For Style Points, a HotO goes best on a Druid, but I don't really see those as uber MFers, though they do the pits well enough.

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Blizz: AT+Meph+andy if you randomly want to kill andy. Can also do fast baals solo with higher end gear, not really the best pindler but can do it.

Hammerdin: Um...not overly experienced with them, though I reckon they'd be good for baal walks and CS runs. AT/Meph/Andy/Pindle aren't too great for them due to no porting. Unless of course you've got enigma, but if that's the case make whatever the hell you want to mf ^^

Bonecro: Pindles faster than my near-perfectly geared trapper, and faster than my not so nicely geared javazon attempts. With Dim Vision it's safer than the javazon too. Also good for baal walks and clearing the CS. However they can be somewhat irritating trying to baal with as silly MIs spawn there, not that you can't handle MIs with CE+merc, but it's irritating sometimes.

Fire sork: bah. Fire is for newbs who like to look at 20k meteor even though 20k meteor<5k blizzard. Meteor was cool in 1.09 for a non-cookie cutter but still incredibly fast killer, now it's just a cookie cutter comparably slow killer.

Ele druid: Never played one, but if you want a strong MFer...well... they don't have the teleporting (or damage, but that's secondary) that sorks have and they don't have the not-common-immune that bonecros, and to a greater extent, hammerdins have going.

In my opinion if you want something to use the HotO go with hammers or blizz, a necro can make better use of White or Wizzy. But if you want the funnest of the builds it's definitely bonecro...I say it's the most entertaining because it's the least routine, it's the only build that I've ever had to remap my hotkeys for due to amount of skill use. I actually found myself paying attention to what I was doing while playing it instead of changing my skills ever 5 minutes and holding down a mouse button until the monsters stop moving =/

4. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

hammerdins are BORING, blizz sorcs are _boring_, ele druids are fun but need an enigma to be well effective, just as hammerdins...

go for the blizz sorc ;)

5. Still-Xey-Lover

Hmm i'm thinking of a setup, i've never had enigma before, but i'm trying to sell off some stuff. If i can't get enigma ill use viper or something. Just a question on a blizz sorc...what's the best hoto setup you know of? Not using CoH of course unless i magically get a good trade. I was thinking: shako, hoto, shield = ?, armor = viper, skuldies, CoH if lucky, ammy = maras if lucky, cold/mf ammy, rings = soj if lucky and maybe mana ring, and boots there are atleast 4 choices there. Gloves = magefists or trangs and belt tgods or tals belt ?

6. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

if ur sorc is gonna be mf then id go with:

Shako (um or ptopaz)
    tal amu
    hoto
    tal armor (um or ptopaz)
    SS (um or -15 req or hel)
    magefists
    tal belt
    war travs
    soj's / mf + allres rings, whatever you find

gives a nifty amount of mf, nice res (should be 75 all in hell if using ums), enough fcr (not sure about this, if not enough, trade 1 ring for fcr / stats / res ring

7. Still-Xey-Lover

Good god that is expensive. I already have shako, travs, a mf all res ring, mages, and vex for hoto but ss + tal armor + tals ammy is atleast another vex right?

8. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

i dissagree with mouse, i just made pvm/pvp firesorc and its loads of fun :D 18k fireball and 32k meteor pwnzor.. :D

9. Still-Xey-Lover

I don't think i'd pvp with a sorc. Too weak, too expensive to keep em pvp. I can't afford the blizz setup, nevermind one with fire facets/fire charms.

10. Sip

Sip Banned

tals armor costs ist+mal to 2 ist

tals ammy costs um rune.

thats in my experience. I traded a tals armor+stormshield that i found for 2 ists when i was trying to make fortitude.

11. Still-Xey-Lover

Okay, thanks sip.

12. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

If you're going to make a cold sork, don't waste the hoto on her. Fathom>Hoto.

Hoto goes much better on a hammerdin or druid.

13. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

And 32k meteor < 8k blizzard -.-
    Well unless you've got an infinity merc and a pile of -5% facets. But if you've got an infinity merc you could make just about any elemental build seem good.

14. Still-Xey-Lover

Doesn't fathom cost more also?

15. Valar-Wrath

A good one does, but my point was that you shouldn't make a sork if you plan on using hoto on said character.

16. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

hoto > fathom on mf'er... no question about that.
    the 3+k bliz he will achieve with the gear i listed is far enough to run andy, meph, pindle, tunnels for example. no need for the extra damage (and cost) fathom gives.

17. Still-Xey-Lover

I can't afford hoto AND the other itamz so i'm just gonna use wizzy instead of hoto, and a shako. Is this a max block build btw?

18. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

its what you want it to be. achieving max block with SS aint a mission impossible, but you can go the all vita route too if you want ^^ up to you, which do you prefer.

19. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

I thought the basic idea was to get to use your HotO.

20. Valar-Wrath

If you don't plan on using hoto, which I don't think you should on a sork anyway, then wizzy/ss is a very viable choice. I'm 100% for a max block build. The dex requirement for max block isn't that bad especially if you have atleast 1 raven. And, my best mfer sork had max block, max resists, tons of life, and good DR using wizzy and ss. Not one close call. Not one.