Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Have you had your merc do the Michael Jackson routine Lately? der=

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by d2 junkie, Feb 4, 2004.

1. d2 junkie

d2 junkie IncGamers Member

Have you had your merc do the Michael Jackson routine Lately?

Ok this is the deal my mercs have been getting stock in items [walls ,rocks ect] "moonwalking" :xmad: .
    Have you experienced this as well?.Because I get disconnected right after the little show :rant:

2. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Do you mean running in place? I have never been disconnected because of my merc doing that. He does get stuck all the time and kind of just shakes in place on the screen until I free him up.

You can do the same thing with your own character. Some people try to get their character stuck running in place as a means of keeping a game active and preventing being dropped.

3. BartXeno

BartXeno IncGamers Member

I was a little worried when I read the topic title. I was thinking, "well, my merc HAS stuck his pole into a lot of little stygian dolls..."

Anyway... I have noticed something like what you mention. It's not that he gets stuck on anything, just walks/runs in place - there may be an obstical at times, but not usually. When I'm in town and it happens all the NPCs and extras in motion also walk in place. Occasionally things will go back to normal after a little high-speed action, where my character runs like he's on crack, but usually I get dropped. When this happens I rarely am able to get back into my game. Sometimes I'll be informed that there is no such game then when I try to recreate with the same name I get the game name in use error. :-/ Seems to me that Bnet has been more flakey since the latest patch.

4. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

If you look, all other NPCs and monsters should be doing the same too. It's usually a sign for me to IMMEDIATELY leave the game becuase you are being hit by a lagspike.

5. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

My thorns merc is an idiot, and I think he intentionally gets stuck, especially in the arcane sanctuary.

6. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

I"ve noticed that mercs, valks, minions, and my ww barbs get hung up on things alot more in 1.10 than 1.09.

Of course I don't think it's nearly as bad as prexpack when a necro had to kill off his minions in order to walk away from Hratli :)

7. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

When my merc starts "moonwalkin", I usually get the "blackwall" and a disconnect is in the near future.

Welcome to battle.net.

NB :)

8. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

I swear, my mercs spend more time moonwalking than they spend doing anything productive, but it's never killed my connection.

9. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

I see my mercs do wierd stuff like that all the time.

They seem to have an extra long invisible extension to their spears, e.g. I'll see my merc jabbing away at thin air on one edge of the screen and I think 'wtf?', then all of a sudden some monsters on the other side of the screen drop dead.

They also disappear completely sometimes. They aren't dead, but they aren't visible anywhere on the screen or the map. The only way to get them back is to tp.

10. cryist

cryist IncGamers Member

mine dosen't do the moon walk, but he does get stuck some times, other than that he has the ability to walk through closed doors..

11. MatMan

MatMan IncGamers Member

My merc has not had sex with any young boys. Recently.

12. MatMan

MatMan IncGamers Member

Except Wirt. Once.

13. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

I know about the disappearing merc thing. It usually happens to me in a crunch, where that merc would be most useful.

My Rogues have a habit of shooting monsters offscreen and totally invisible to me (even at 800x600), when I'm closer to the monster than they are. I wish my Bowzon could do that without Guided Arrow.

14. Tonto Kowalski

Tonto Kowalski IncGamers Member

I had that disappearing thing a lot with my assa's Shadow Master in 1.09, especially in cow runs, but not recently. And my valk often gets stuck in some walls or crevices especially in akt 5 ice caves like the glacial trail. But it never booted me out of the game. Also often I hear her attacking from a long way away and then she shows up out of thin air in the middle of the monster pack in front of me, and I see her attacking and monsters dropping dead at the other end of my screen.

My valk also does that weird, almost whirlwind like motion when walking in town sometimes. Anyone have had that too?

15. d2 junkie

d2 junkie IncGamers Member

yes , yes , yes thats it!! :D