Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Have you ever had that instinct?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Agateryon, May 26, 2005.

1. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

Have you ever had that instinct?

Well i was making some andariel runs (with sorc so i just tele to the 4th lvl) i was in level 3 i thought i should kill the unique monsters i find in the way..thats what i did. The first monster i see, i kill it and i got a ravenfrost 19/206 :D :D

so what stories do you have with your instinct?

2. dlscowby

dlscowby IncGamers Member

well, ive had 2 major instinct finds, before i made my hammerdin, i used to run countess with my ik barb, so while running through blackmarsh, i saw a unique group so i killed, and they dropped me a perf wartravs, and i only had 52 mf heh. with my hammerdin, i was baalrunning in pubby games, and was getting bored, so one gafe, after everyone left, they hadnt killed baal, so i went in and layed the smackdown on him, and he dropped a dru ele charm/35 life and a -4/3 fiire die facet...so instincts are awesome heh.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

In 1.09, my bowazon opened a chest in Durance 2 (normally she ignored everything there, if possible, and ran straight to Durance 3) and an Ist rune popped out of it.

In this season, my zealot made a Baal run when a jewel dropped in WSK level 3, in the mid of a large group of ghosts and succubi. I insisted on retrieving it, so I risked the life of the zealot to pick it up and it turned out to be a 15%IAS/14 allres jewel which I later sold for 4 Ist runes.

4. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i was doing my forge on hell with a sorc so i was just teleing to it. i decided to stop and kill some stuff and eth reapers dropped.

5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Saw a unique ring drop on Baal and somehow I knew that was a very good sign even though I had no idea what the stats on likely rings were. Sure enough. My first SoJ.

6. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

My friend A and friend B were dueling in blood moor, after a few duels, friend A said, "lets go to act 4 to duel" While they were dueling, a boss pack of corpse spitters appeared. Friend B was hurt so went into town to heal, friend A decided to own that boss pack.

*ting* ring sound *ting*

picks up uniq ring, id, soj.

================================

Friend A(Same guy) was mfing in hell mephy with his templar. smite smite smite foh foh foh dead. meph dropped crap, he walked a few steps down and blood lords came to attack him. he kills all the blood lord and found t hat chest behind meph always, beside him. he clicked on it and

*ting ring sound *ting*

picks up uniq ring, id, soj.

7. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

A few weeks ago, while I was popping chests in Lower Kurast with my Bowzon, I stumbled upon a few locked chests I couldn't open, since I ran out of keys. I usually just ignore chests if they're locked and no key, but this time I went back to town to buy another dozen. Came back, popped the 2 chests, and one of them dropped Um rune :D.

8. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

I rember very well one thing that happened in 1.09 single player.
    I had just saved Anya and was going through fully cleared Frozen River back to Crystalline Passage.
    Suddenly I saw a lonely skeleton on the other side of the river (probably I killed him, but he arised again, when I went away). I hesitated for a second: should I leave him, or go to the other coast and kill him? I decedied to do it. Ist was my reward :p.

9. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

most of the time those glitches i have let me down :)

when doing baalruns with my hammer, sometimes i kill every creature in lvl 2, lvl 3 and throne...finding nothing but 0.5mm of xp :)

10. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Wow, there are too much stories like that I could tell. Those glimpses of Nirvana happen in real life too :)

11. Naitti

Naitti IncGamers Member

Frosty could propably tell about his glimbs yesterday.. (Yes, I mean that infinity :D )

Cheers, Naitti :)

12. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Yep, lucky me :buddies: :buddies: :buddies: :buddies: !

13. befkonijn

hehe, r u using it? I found it damn funny when i saw your first reply saying like go go infinity... :lol:

14. Naitti

Naitti IncGamers Member

I bet he chanted you with lvl 58 possession, and forced you to give the infinity to him with lvl 23 persuasion. :D

Cheers, Naitti :)

15. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Just helped a friend to quest forge...

Hephasto died quick thanks to infinity+trapz, I pressed Alt, and saw a gold eldritch orb, and it disappeared, then I was like wow my friend's fast... then i waalked forward and I told myself it's on the floor I must press alt again. To my suprise, there was a yellow eldritch orb on the floor, and a gold ring... i clicked on it as fast as I could and went back to town to buy ID scrolls, well not an soj but a Wisp Projector(17%LA). Not too shabby :D

16. Seaskye

Seaskye IncGamers Member

My friend and I were hanging around a Hell game at the hight of D Clone activity, I decided to visit Mephy with my Bowazon who has like -50 MF..
    I killed him and a gold swirling crystal dropped,,, made my sorceress very happy except for the teleport mod (but thats another story).

We were doing act 2 and a unique ring dropped my friend said you take it probably a nagel or something similar. I picked it up but didn't id for a while,well it was a SOJ!! (he still let me keep it) :D.

I usually avoid the dolls if i'm doing a mephy run but one day decided to kill some of them, one droped a bartuc giving me a set of 2 for my assassin.

I found a Storm Shield off a boss monster in the desert on my way to the Ancient Tunnels could barely believe my eyes. !!
    Seaskye.

17. SirLardsAlot

SirLardsAlot IncGamers Member

I was running around in Act 1 since i had just made a new barb and I decided to do the Cain quest, and when I got to the Carin stones, I was gonna try to avoid Rakinishu so his ligtning wouldnt kill me, but I fought him anyway and he dropped a Hoto.

18. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Yes yes, I've also heard of Rakinishu dropping 6 BO CTAs, and in Eth Crystal Sword mind you. :D
    Well, I don't have any of those instincts, I always, always stumble upon my finds:
    4 days into new Ladder, raping NM Meph because we all just restarted, a unique ring dropped, and I said to myself, "Psh, I'm not even gonna pick it up, cuz with my luck, it's just gonna be a 15 Nagel", I did end up picking it, and it was an SOJ.
    2 days later, raping Hell Meph, unique ring dropped, I picked it up non-chalantly, didn't even bother IDing it right away, and two days later, "O hey, an unid ring!", and turned out, another SOJ.
    Wearing 2 SOJs a week into the new Ladder was awesome, but I also got a crap load of "f***ing bot, cheater!"

Best find I've ever got was an Ormus, by Hell Meph, again, I wasn't even gonna pick it up, "O it's just gonna be another 11/10/12/Teleport", but how did it turn out? 15/15/15/Blizzard!!!

19. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

i remember only one of these stories...
    i was doing hell meph with my hammerdin
    just as i stepped off of the WP, an Urdar type boss pack came at me
    wanted to avoid them, but i said what the heck
    off of the boss fell a golden Giant Thresher!!!

20. befkonijn

no kidding but i came aournd this guy once on b.net and he was actually serious when he told everyone he found his enigma at Baal hell :lol: