Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hatemonger to protest slain soldier funeral

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Freemason, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Hatemonger to protest slain soldier funeral

http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/jun2005/20050613_carrie-french-funeral.pdf

You'll need to cut and paste this link yourself if you wish to see what sort of hate can be spewed by people who hijack religion for their own purposes.

Reverend Fred Phelps is a Baptist from Topeka, Kansas. He's a scumbag even lower than the KKK's worst. As bad as Usama is, Phelps is worse. For those of you that don't know of him, he's the fanatic that's been the most violently and rabidly anti-gay bucket of pig vomit out there. He's the one that's been forcing cities to either accept the most horrendous anti-gay monuments adjacent to mainstream religious monuments or forcing the monuments to be removed. Boise had to move their 10 commandments monument because of him.

Personally I hope he dies tomorrow. The world needs to be rid of fanatics like him that hijack religions and corrupt them for their own evil purposes.

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Fanatics are just wrong. All religions have fanatics, and this guy is pretty bad. Normal Christians should be ashamed to have him in their religion. Has he ever heard of respecting other people?

3. nrabbit

nrabbit Diabloii.Net Member

how does he force cities to do that???

4. Freemason

Freemason Banned

He does it by threatening lawsuits. He claims it's his freedom of religion to place anti-gay monuments on city property if anything even remotely religious in nature is there. His favorite monument is based around saying Mathew Shepard was a *** and went to hell for it.

What this dirtbag doesn't understand is a few years ago the city had a rally of over 10 thousand people to protect the cross that is on the nearby mountain. When the cross was erected decades ago it was on city property. A few years after that it was sold to the Jaycees. Because it was once on city property, he wanted it removed or his monument put on city property.

Phelps never went through with his plan. Seems he feared for his life. Now he's forgotten. He's coming back, back to a funeral where hundreds of vets are going to attend. He's fixin' to get a Darwin Award.

5. Darnoc

Darnoc Diabloii.Net Member

now I remember this guy; he protested at a pro-family organization rally, saying that they weren't strict enough on gays. A gay-rights organization was there too, protesting that the pro-family organization was too strict.

I support the pro-family organization that was in the middle of it all, not the intolerant bastard that makes all religious people look bad.

6. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak Diabloii.Net Member

He is just an attention whore/troll who hasn't discovered the internet yet.

Garbad

7. Lostprophet

Lostprophet Diabloii.Net Member

Finally, something I can agree with Smeggy on with absolutely no reservation.

It's people like this that give religions their bad public image. I wish that people like this would just stop happening.

8. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

Interesting - the link sounded like something out of "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion". Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised when Smartlanders think all Christians are like this foul individual; after all, we often think of Smartlanders as being in step with Ward Churchill.

9. axeil

axeil Diabloii.Net Member

Smeg, for once in my life I couldn't agree with you more. Funerals are not a time to protest. If I were the father of that soldier I would go ape on their "religious" ***es (and I used religious in the loosest of senses).

10. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob Diabloii.Net Member

Protesting a funeral is in extremely bad taste, not to mention mean-spirited and cruel. Should they break any laws as a result of their actions and speech they should have the book thrown at them.

In my experience in a free society its better to have these nut-cases out in the open preaching their hate. This way:

1. Everyone will see them for the wing-nuts that they are and their credibility remains somewhere in the sub-basement.

2. They are subjects and/or participants in open discourse which will further dilute their cause (i.e. this thread).

Driving them under ground through "needless" persecution will turn them into festering wounds that will entice other ne'er-do-wells and the disenchanted to give them some undue consideration.

11. Freemason

Freemason Banned

This freak is as much a Christian as Usama is a Muslim. They're not. They're both fanatics who are using religion to further their own power.

The worse thing about his guy is the cops are going to keep him alive. He's going to be arrested for something before he gets anywhere close to the funeral. If not, he's dead. Too bad the cops in Nampa are too professional to conviently look the other way for a minute or ten.

12. Beowulf

Beowulf Diabloii.Net Member

Umm wow interesting. Guess we would not like all the talk of making gay marriage legal up here.

13. DurfBarian

DurfBarian Diabloii.Net Member

I go back and forth on this guy . . . I can't decide if he's sincere in the wacko beliefs he professes or if he's actually a clever renegade homosexual rights activist who's found a way to lump his more moderate opponents in as a pack of bozos.

14. Yaboosh

Yaboosh Diabloii.Net Member

Am I the only one surprised to see Smeg make this distinction?

15. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead Diabloii.Net Member

So that's how one defeats the opponents of church-state seperation...

16. DurfBarian

DurfBarian Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe. I'm not.

17. Ranger14

Ranger14 Diabloii.Net Member

I thought it was a pretty acurate statement.

18. Yaboosh

Yaboosh Diabloii.Net Member

I certainly agree but I could have sworn that I have seen smeg in the past sort of blur the distinction between Usama and every day Middle Eastern muslims.

19. JME

JME Diabloii.Net Member

I agree, there is a special place in hell for people like this. It's always the bad things that stick out in your mind, bad people, bad actions, bad memories....they just seem to outway the good and turn people against something that is decent. Whether its a bad cop or a bad christian.

20. rikstaker

rikstaker Diabloii.Net Member

mind if I ask,what does an anti-gay monument look like? :scratch: :cheesy:

he is wary of my presence.:strong:

Rik