Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Has anyone tried the Live Off The Land Barbarian?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jimineye, Mar 25, 2005.

1. jimineye

jimineye IncGamers Member

Has anyone tried the Live Off The Land Barbarian?

I'm starting up a new character on D2 LOD, and i'm making a live off the land barb. Has anyone tried this in 1.10? How did it work out? He's going to be a concentration barb, but the tough part is starting him from scratch and living off the land.

2. JKNemesis

JKNemesis IncGamers Member

?

I've been playing Diablo II since the day it came out and I've never heard of a Live off the Land barbarian... Is this a naked barbarian essentially?

3. jimineye

No, a live off the land barbarian is using only items that you find. You can't buy any from the merchants, or trade from other people. But you can create any item you want through cube recipes.

I haven't done this since the warrior in D1, but was curious to see if anyone else has tried it. I'm in the process of totally clearing act 2 out totally, right now with my barb. If anyone wants to try this with me just msg me on USwest battle.net my name on there is jimineye.

4. sorcees

sorcees IncGamers Member

Basicaly i do the same, with some extension, to make it really hard, and ofcourse, its untweaked.

1: Hardcore (really a challence + fun + adrenaline rush)
    2: no TP allowed, just WP's
    3: no trading / buying for potions also
    4: clearing every level, doing all quest in right order
    5: solo

First i did a necro summoner, safest.
    Now i started a barb, concentration, with a point in ww (always fun) and beserk for IM and PI.
    Slow playing, but fun.

edit: i play on europe.

5. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Pretty sure this is called "ironman". There is a fanatic group of players that play like this, I've seen them on ABasin somewhere...

6. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

I thought an Ironman was just a barbarian who went all-out defense and used concentration as his main attack.

As for the question, I tried it in single player. It wasn't really all that fun for me, I got so annoyed about not being able to buy TP scrolls or repair my things.

7. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

An Ironman is actually usually used to refer to a little game...
    Usually in hardcore, rules vary slightly, but basically, everyone starts a new character, no giving it items or rushing or anything, obviously. They all party up and level to 9, as soon as you hit 9, you hostile the party. The rule variations are usually something like... Winner is the first to kill Anderial or last man standing, OR when you hit 9, you wait in town for everyone else, then everyone duels (free for all or 1v1 tournament style) in the blood moor, winner, again, is the last man standing.

8. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

Sounds like fun.

9. sorcees

sorcees IncGamers Member

sure, ironman = fun
    but it should be HC.

10. jimineye

Well my barb is now level 61, I forgot to mention I'm playing on hardcore ladder. I'm finding decent uniques for him with the only mf being on my act 2 nm merc who is also level 61. I've been clearing every level completely and now I'm starting the beginning of Act 5 in nightmare. I've been able to completely solo nightmare so far with him too.