Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

has anyone made a good pvp enchantress yet? please help with mine

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Snarlin Stef, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

has anyone made a good pvp enchantress yet? please help with mine

ward bow on weapon switch
    passion runeword as the melee weapon

max enchant and all the synergy..
    max energy shield and im maxing telekenesis right now...

i think i messed up this build..
    i need help... some1 that has a kick *** enchantress please help me out here. :)

2. jason166

jason166 IncGamers Member

I do, sorta :)

I have a decent passion sorc on US East (lvl 86) . She has killed level 90 Assasins, 80 something barbs and Quite a few 80 something palys. The main problem is when I encounter someone with Max fire resists and Absorb or just max fire resists and a ton of life. However...It's so funny to see a Paly, level 80 something with nice equiptment on come up and expect to own me, only to get killed in about 4 hits from my zeal attack while they swing over and over with their zeal and take only 50% of my life at the same time taking ~130 cold dmg everytime they swing at me due to my max shiver armor. Lol some characters will even die just from attacking me if they have a fast zeal and not enough attack rating. For every hit is 130 cold dmg to them even if they miss. It would be interesting to make a sorc with Max shiver and Max of another synergy to increase this dmg and with a high def armor. 250 cold dmg doesn't seem like alot but if the person doesn't have lotsa cold resist and since the person takes this dmg every time they swing at you even if they miss, it can add up.

Now don't let me mislead you. I get owned a lot too. Any char that has high fire resist and absorb is pretty much immune to my enchant dmg and thus takes piddly damage from me. It is worth it though to own a few high level barbs as they WW through you only to die on the otherside from your high speed zeal attack and shiver armor.

Lol the last game I was in there were 2 barbs, level 86 and 87 and a couple sorces. The Sorces just laid back and watched me own the barbs in melee combat over and over... laughing at them from time to time.

Good luck on your build.

Jason

3. Clicky Pen

Clicky Pen IncGamers Member

Eh, energy shield/telekinesis isn't the best way to go here. You're an enchantress, meaning you should be ready to take some hits. I'd suggest restarting, mainly because you have only one source of damage. Get yourself either orb/mastery, lightning mastery and lots of lightning damage, or lots of physical damage.

Orb: After maxing out the essentials, get orb and a point or 2 in cm. Obviously, dump a point into static and tele.

LM: Max LM, and stick remaining points into tele/static.

Physical damage: If you want to salvage your current build, this is the way to go. Get a nice botd or something, and storm. Sure, people think "hey! zeal! whee!" but zeal won't help when people have fire absorb/resist up the ***. Physical damage will, since it's all you'll get.

Good luck. You should have defensive measures to take care of most duelers, assuming you have good resists, but damage will have to be physical.

4. jason166

jason166 IncGamers Member

Going the Physical dmg route

Going for physical dmg is a totaly different setup, for that your going to want to use the beast rune word and transform into a wearbear and have very high str. And ofcourse then your going to need CTA and CHAINS, a very expensive char to make :)

I went the cheap route and I am very satisfied.

5. niomosy

niomosy IncGamers Member

Against people with huge Fire Resists / Absorb, you're currently screwed. While the Zeal is kinda neat, I've always leaned towards weapons with either large physical damage or a solid non-fire elemental damage. Something like a Lightsabre or Azurewrath is nice since they both to magic damage (Azure has 250-500) which there really are no significant resists for. The Lightsabre also includes lightning damage so you can put points in LM. The Azurewrath includes 250-500 cold damage so you can bump CM.

Another inexpensive way to go is elemental damage charms. Lightning charms can get some pretty good damage on them and will be even better with an LM boost. Plus there's always the poison damage charms.

6. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

Against people with fire resist use a lower resist wand and fire facets =) kills them pretty quick

7. Clicky Pen

Clicky Pen IncGamers Member

Heh, the physical damage route is by no means expensive. Sure, you can get all this werebear stuff and do that, or you can grab a nice cruel (insert fastest 1h weapon you can find), and go to town. I'd assume you'd have 156 str for storm, so just stick some nice ed/ias jools in the weapon, get some nice defensive gear, and whee. Of course, if we're talking about going up against incredibly rich people who through enigmas and zods and whatnot around like nothing, then totally disregard my statements.

8. Mage_Killer

Mage_Killer IncGamers Member

ed/ias jewels maybe as expensive as runes for beast and such :|

9. niomosy

niomosy IncGamers Member

A lot of times pubby duelers are the totally rich with their Enigma's and Zod's and whatnot ;)